Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
Mr.Positive said:
The 3D might work like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5QSclrIdlE

If so I imagine a lot of 3DS games can use this feature for hidden items/boss weakpoints/Phoenix Wright style examining, etc.
WHY is everyone posting this thing. That ISN'T 3D. It's 3D graphics on a PLAIN 2D screen. We're talking about REAL 3D here. The one which you saw at the movies in Cameron's Avatar.

The post above seems to have got the point.

That's incorrect, actually. The demo/game is in 3D. It's just not three dimensional outward; it's three dimensional inward, and it's sure to be what Nintendo will be going for with the 3DS (which is NOT a fake, by the way). There's a big different between what's currently being done with polygons on DS and what that particular piece of DSi software does. The 3DS will likely present true inward 3D that makes extensive use of motion control built into the system.

Toad King

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm personally more interested in the Nvidia Tegra chip it's rumored to have. If this is true, we should be able to get some powerful graphics on it, possibly surpassing 6th gen consoles.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Maz7006 said:
Was merely stating indirectly that it took Ninty 3 fucking versions of the DS to "perfect it" and now they come up with this crap. Do we really want motion sensors? do you really want better graphics?...i mean how much better could it be? .... notice how long the GBA lasted, and the DS... also the games that came out for both.

That's total BS. The DS was "perfected" upon the release of the DS Lite. The DSi and XL were just ways to make a bit more money off people silly enough to buy something without a slot-2. I'll be buying a DSi for my collection of Nintendo handhelds, but not until after the 3DS comes out and they're selling for less than dirt.

And how long the GBA lasted? It lasted 3.5 years... the time between the release of the first GBA and the DS Phat. By March 2011, the DS will be over 6 years old. If anything has lasted too long, it's the DS.

supernapalm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why is everyone moaning about the 3D? It's not going to be in EVERY game for this console is it? Most games are probably going to be just using the updated graphics.
Also it's backwards compatible, Ninty aren't forcing us to buy new hardware just yet.

I'm totally stoked about E3, they better announce a 'Super Mario 64 DS' version of Mario Sunshine. That would be really damn brilliant
biggrin.gif

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
meh, i am not impressed, i don't want to play gimmick games in 3D i just want to play NORMAL games with better graphics, is that hard to ask nintendo? i was considering getting a DSiXL too because i am getting fed up with my DSlite small screen, but not sure what to do, we all know this new handheld will cost a small fortune in europe aswell, just you watch.

kicknhorse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
shakirmoledina said:
the name wont make sense as said, 3 Dual Screen? it kinda says we have 3 screens
i wonder how "3d" it will be though i think i might get it (after it being piratable)
You can imagine how much it will cost... i say 200$

I read it first on bbc

I think the codename just means 3D Screen, as in 3 dimensional. Plus it is only a codename for them to refer to whilst making it.

chrisman01

Trophies
Website
empireofsteel.thecomicseries.com
XP
Country
United States
Remember when Nintendo waited for a reasonable time between consoles before releasing new versions?

The NES, SNES, and original Game Boy lasted YEARS. I think the N64 lasted longest, as I got mine in '96 and was still playing it by 2001. (correct me if I'm wrong)

I get a DSi, and they announce another one to be released about a year later?! EPIC FAIL, Nintendo. Now the money I would have spent on your new DS has been spent on the DSi
dry.gif

MG4M3R

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE said:
I'm personally more interested in the Nvidia Tegra chip it's rumored to have. If this is true, we should be able to get some powerful graphics on it, possibly surpassing 6th gen consoles.

I don't believe that it will be more powerful that a Game Cube.

Also the fifth generation of Pokémon games will come this year, will it be a 3DS launch title?

A Pokémon game with Coloseum graphics and 3D effects (fire and water coming out of the screen) would be a damn good start!

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
GeekyGuy said:
raulpica said:
Mr.Positive said:
The 3D might work like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5QSclrIdlE

If so I imagine a lot of 3DS games can use this feature for hidden items/boss weakpoints/Phoenix Wright style examining, etc.
WHY is everyone posting this thing. That ISN'T 3D. It's 3D graphics on a PLAIN 2D screen. We're talking about REAL 3D here. The one which you saw at the movies in Cameron's Avatar.

The post above seems to have got the point.

That's incorrect, actually. The demo/game is in 3D. It's just not three dimensional outward; it's three dimensional inward, and it's sure to be what Nintendo will be going for with the 3DS (which is NOT a fake, by the way). There's a big different between what's currently being done with polygons on DS and what that particular piece of DSi software does. The 3DS will likely present true inward 3D that makes extensive use of motion control built into the system.
Actually that's just a 3D enviroment with a mobile camera controlled by the DSi's camera, which is used as a motion sensor. And it's just made by polygons, like everything else.
Yes, you have a nifty moving camera effect which can seem "realistic" or "3D" or something, but it doesn't fakes your depth percetion as "real" 3D does. It still is, and remains, a 2D image in your eyes.

manaphy4ever

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
So cool they didnt mention graphics yet and the all thing cant wait to see it E3 2010 and i still didnt buy a dsi or dsi xl i dont want to buy those two i will buy 3ds cant wait for it thank you nintendo great news 3D AWESOME without glasses great tech
smile.gif

supervenice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe they will gonna use this, i don't know how...and i know its for the wii but maybe...

wii 3d

maybe somehow incorporate this..on the ds(its like getting whip by Francisca in real-time &being poke by phoenix wright's finger-hopefully
cool.gif
)

this 3-d(the wii)and the lean sensor(the one that is use the dsiware game) maybe use on the ds depending on the game that will TOTALLY cool...oh well

Lube_Skyballer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Come on everybody! For F*cks Sake!

Nintendo 3DS is just a temporary name! Otherwise you just have to get used to it. Just like the Xbox 360 and the Nintendo Wii.
And for the people complaining about gimmicky games, shut up! Does every game on the Nintendo DS forces you to use only the touchscreen? No, they don't. So long you have buttons and a directional pad "hardcore games" wont be a problem at all. Only at the launch of the "3DS" you'll find gimmicky games, but there will be less after more and more games get released. Nintendo is a "veteran" in the gaming industry. They do not release consoles an/or hardware that are shit. The NES wasn't shit and so did the other consoles Nintendo released.

FFS. People, use your brains before complaining

Zarxrax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chrisman01 said:
Remember when Nintendo waited for a reasonable time between consoles before releasing new versions?

The NES, SNES, and original Game Boy lasted YEARS. I think the N64 lasted longest, as I got mine in '96 and was still playing it by 2001. (correct me if I'm wrong)

I get a DSi, and they announce another one to be released about a year later?! EPIC FAIL, Nintendo. Now the money I would have spent on your new DS has been spent on the DSi
dry.gif

Wtf? The DS is 6 years old! It's your own fault that you joined the party 5 years too late. The DSi wasn't a new system, its just a freaking DS. Nintendo also released new versions of their other systems, including the NES, SNES, and several gameboys.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
chrisman01 said:

dry.gif

Nobody forced you to buy a DSi... the DS Lite was fine. As it stands, Nintendo did wait a reasonable amount of time between new handhelds. The DSi is only a slightly tweaked DS Lite, not anything new. It's still 5+ years old, IMO. The XL is also 5+ years old, and it's not even out yet. You can disagree with Nintendo's habit of releasing multiple iterations of the the same handheld if you'd like (personally I wish they didn't release so many, as well), but if you buy into all of them you have only yourself to blame.

The DS Phat is going to be seperated from the 3DS by more than 6 years. Is that not long enough for you? The only handheld that's lasted longer than that was the original Game Boy; and it's no longer feasible these days to wait 9 years between handhelds.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Flex_S said:
April fools is 9 days away... I'm just saying..

Yeah, meaning this has nothing to do with it.
rolleyes.gif

It was on Nintendo's website; seems pretty official to me. That tiny announcement from them has already made the entire internet explode with commentary and speculation; if it were a joke, it''d be a very successful one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: People's funny bones are the same taste indeed