Dual-screen handheld gaming PC AYANEO Flip DS "leaked"

aya flip.png

Handheld gaming device manufacturer AYANEO is further expanding its catalogue with creative options. After its first Android device, the Pocket Air, the company is making a Nintendo DS-like clamshell handheld PC with two screens, the AYANEO Flip DS. The news come from online outlet liliputing.com which shared the news and first images of the device that the company itself sent in an attempted planted leak. The company's CEO followed the announcement with a post of the images shared here on Weibo.

While details are limited, the report notes that the AYANEO Flip DS will feature a main 7" display with a 120 Hz refresh rate and an AMD Ryzen 7 7840U processor with Radeon 780M integrated graphics. In addition to serving as a virtual keyboard area, the second screen could actually be a use case for DS emulation, although AYANEO hasn't provided details about the second screen's potentials.

There will also be a AYANEO Flip KB model with the same design but with a physical keyboard instead of a second screen. A release date for these models hasn't been announced but AYANEO devices usually start with a crowdfunding campaign and we can expect one for the Flip models in the coming months/early next year.

aya flip 2.jpg

:arrow: SOURCE

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, tell ya what, if this thing is the strongest alternative for the 3DS in another 2 or 3 decades when my 3DS finally dies entirely (don't see it happening even that soon honestly, my family's old NES from 87 still runs like a dream to this day), then yeah maybe I'll consider this thing. But I'd be shocked if at that point there aren't far better alternatives to consider instead.
Lol You might even get folding screens as a mainstay, at that point.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
that little screen is a bit of a joke. still not the ds'able emulation machine people were waiting for.
also, unless its a resistive touch screen, controls with finger would not feel too nice for ds games. some of those demanded precision

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
As long as you can still buy a Nintendo DS or DS lite for cheap this is pointless. And for the 3DS stuff? The 2DS is still cheap and easy to hack.

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the right software this would be pretty awesome. One of my favorite features of the Steam Deck was the ability for the touchpads to be used as pop-up button menus. People are saying that it's useless because you can just buy a DS but I dont think that's the point of this. Having the bottom screen be dedicated for macros and menu controls would be really convenient for emulators and hotkeys that you couldn't get otherwise.

and also for splitscreen family guy subway surfers

mrcroket

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Well the keyboard version looks good, it can be useful to not depend on the awful windows touch keyboard. And the DS form factor is great for portability and screen protection.

Reactions: eternal

trepp0

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
With the right software this would be pretty awesome. One of my favorite features of the Steam Deck was the ability for the touchpads to be used as pop-up button menus. People are saying that it's useless because you can just buy a DS but I dont think that's the point of this. Having the bottom screen be dedicated for macros and menu controls would be really convenient for emulators and hotkeys that you couldn't get otherwise.

and also for splitscreen family guy subway surfers
For, this is perfect for my attention deficit ass

Reactions: orangy57

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
With the right software this would be pretty awesome

Is too soon, while DS emulation has got quite good 3DS emulation is still not acceptable for most games. And if you just want DS stuff the DS and DS lite are still cheap. Plus it won't work with DS accessories or have a GBA slot.

KurtKocaine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Handheld gaming device manufacturer AYANEO is further expanding its catalogue with creative options. After its first Android device, the Pocket Air, the company is making a Nintendo DS-like clamshell handheld PC with two screens, the AYANEO Flip DS. The news come from online outlet liliputing.com which shared the news and first images of the device that the company itself sent in an attempted planted leak. The company's CEO followed the announcement with a post of the images shared here on Weibo.

While details are limited, the report notes that the AYANEO Flip DS will feature a main 7" display with a 120 Hz refresh rate and an AMD Ryzen 7 7840U processor with Radeon 780M integrated graphics. In addition to serving as a virtual keyboard area, the second screen could actually be a use case for DS emulation, although AYANEO hasn't provided details about the second screen's potentials.

There will also be a AYANEO Flip KB model with the same design but with a physical keyboard instead of a second screen. A release date for these models hasn't been announced but AYANEO devices usually start with a crowdfunding campaign and we can expect one for the Flip models in the coming months/early next year.

:arrow: SOURCE
Only commenting so I can get updates on Release because this thing having a 7840U means it's equivalent to a ROG Ally, assuming clock speeds and temps are comparable, I'll probably get this to replace it because this is pocketable, great for emulation, and I can make memes for running fortnite on the "New 3DS Pro + 2", and can run Nintendo Switch as well, This will absolutely be my go-to handheld for literally everything.

Reactions: Scarlet

WhoIAm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is really encouraging to see because DS's and especially 3DS's won't be around forever. I'm particularly concerned about proper preservation of the 3DS, because 3DS's are noticeably less robust and prone to break than the older DS lines were. Also, even if the hardware stays intact, batteries are a consumable component and replacements will gradually become rarer and rarer. Unlike some other portables, the 3DS cannot be used without a battery installed to complete the circuit (not sure about the DS, but I did run into this issue once).

Sure they're easy to find now, but it's already difficult to find replacement parts for certain 3DS models (like the regular-size New 3DS). It is still easy to find replacement batteries for the o3DS and 2DS due to it being a shared part with the Switch pro controller, but that won't last forever either. The problem is likely to get worse as the years go on.

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone keeps talking about ds and 3ds but guys this thing is powerful enough for even better than that...this would be a great device to emulate the wii u AND the gamepad lol or you could go weaker and play some dual screen game and watch games

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Everyone keeps talking about ds and 3ds but guys this thing is powerful enough for even better than that...this would be a great device to emulate the wii u AND the gamepad lol or you could go weaker and play some dual screen game and watch games
A 6800U can fairly easily handle Wii U, so this will definitely have no issues. See below for why I had so much fun with the AYANEO 2 lol

1697802813160.jpeg

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A 6800U can fairly easily handle Wii U, so this will definitely have no issues. See below for why I had so much fun with the AYANEO 2 lol

View attachment 400231
That's why I mentioned it but this new device would be great for it because you could have both screens on the go vs dual monitor stuffs at home wish it had a 3d slider for the top screen like the 3ds so we could do those games in 3d but also virtual boy games aswell

Reactions: Scarlet

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
that is a neat idea! I've seen people doing that before on citra, but it is the first picture I saw with this setup on cemu
Yeah with a portable monitor I was really excited of having a completely portable Wii U setup (full review for AYANEO 2 is here if you're interested: https://gbatemp.net/review/ayaneo-2.2178/) so this thing will be on another level.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: There has to be some mutual agreement with them all anything over $600 is just pc territory