AYANEO announces new line of affordable handheld gaming PCs, AYANEO NEXT Lite, starting at $299

next lite pc.jpg

Handheld gaming PC manufacturer AYANEO has traditionally focused on delivering premium devices with a matching premium cost. For instance, one of their latest handheld, the AYANEO Kun starts at $999. While their devices do indeed pack a quality build, their price range means that they are not always affordable to a wider audience. The company now seems ready to expand its user base with more affordable handheld gaming PCs as they have announced the AYANEO NEXT Lite line, which starts at $299.

There will apparently be several models of the NEXT Lite, based on the chip (AMD Ryzen 5 4500U or Ryzen 7 4800U) and likely storage options. Some of the specs details can be found below:

neo lite specs .png

While sales are not live for the AYANEO NEXT Lite, the company will likely take the crowdfunding route for this device as they have done so with all of their other devices to date.

:arrow: SOURCE

such

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Looks pretty nice, how would it compare to the Steam Deck though? (I haven't gotten one yet)
Questionable support is the big factor for me. They seem to be releasing a device every time I look at the news - it's nuts.
i don't mind, not at all.

their lack of support on said front means more developers focus their efforts on improving compatibility with Linux. hell just a couple years ago linux gaming wasnt there, now we got 70%-80% compatibility. I've just about stopped using it in win entirely outside of work and/or that rare instance in which i want to play a game with a strict anticheat.
These days Wine/Proton runs everything I throw at it, including some really obscure stuff. Demise: Revenge of the Tavern Keeper? Decades old (possibly spaghetti) code, changed developer, doesn't like Windows 10 for some people. Wine? No issues whatsoever. Obscure eastern European rpgs from 20 years ago that never worked well natively on Windows to begin with? Yeah, those work fine as well.

I'd say 90% works out of the box and minor tweaking gets you to 99%. Anticheat is pretty much the only roadblock. If you remember the olden Linux gaming days it's pretty much utopian sci-fi times for Linux gaming now.

Reactions: Marc_LFD and Xzi

halfashark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Considering the state of new, AAA games (outside of the occasional gem) I see no reason for a handheld PC to be able to run them considering you're lucky if they run at all on any platform even when the hardware's decent.

I'd rather run a several year old game or emulator for an extended period of time instead of attempting to ignite the atmosphere and fuse the spicy pillow's hydrogen gas inside into helium anyway tbh.

I see no reason to be negative about this device.

Flaming_Autist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this will be awesome for emulation but shit for pc gaming. steam deck will get you more for the same price if pc games is what ur after. this would likely beat the SD tho in emu because the number of cores.

Jmdaemon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this will be awesome for emulation but shit for pc gaming. steam deck will get you more for the same price if pc games is what ur after. this would likely beat the SD tho in emu because the number of cores.
For 30fps gaming and looking for something better than the switch, I will give it a chance. It looks like trying to haul cyberpunk on it will be out but gta5 and other open world games from that era, maybe even diablo 4? I have lots of stuff from that erra that I have not had a chance to play yet. Hence I don't feel I need to pay $800 to run current stuff.

Last edited by Jmdaemon,

Flaming_Autist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For 30fps gaming and looking for something better than the switch, I will give it a chance. It looks like trying to haul cyberpunk on it will be out but gta5 and other open world games from that era, maybe even diablo 4? I have lots of stuff from that erra that I have not had a chance to play yet. Hence I don't feel I need to pay $800 to run current stuff.
for the same price tho you can get a steam deck and get waaay better performance. although now thinking on it those may be 400. been a while since i bought mine. regularly go on sale for lower than what i paid tho. you wont wait upwards of a year to receive it and theyve got the best warranty in the game. even if the deck is 100 more I HIGHLY recommend you spring for it for the reasons above. read some of the horror stories on them meeting delivery dates

Reactions: Gronbar

Flaming_Autist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just went to their site (Steam). $349 for the original model on sale. I think I will try one...
ive got a pc with 5800x3d and 4070ti but since i work at a desk its hard for me to spend all of my gaming time at one. 80% of my pc gaming is on the deck. great for streaming from my pc too if it cant run it alone. has me so excited for valves next iteration

Maximo101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive got a pc with 5800x3d and 4070ti but since i work at a desk its hard for me to spend all of my gaming time at one. 80% of my pc gaming is on the deck. great for streaming from my pc too if it cant run it alone. has me so excited for valves next iteration
Great price now, too! Let's see how fast they ship it to me. Site says 3 to 5 days...
Do I need a docking station too, or...?

such

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Great price now, too! Let's see how fast they ship it to me. Site says 3 to 5 days...
Only if you want to dock your Steam Deck (sorry, couldn't help myself), and don't already have a dock laying around. Maybe for VRR and HDR support if you need those? (no idea if 3rd party docks support those or not - haven't been following this particular thread)

tl;dr: there's reasons to get a Valve dock, but any dock will work.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You will want some sort of USB hub as the Deck only has a single USB C port. It makes it a bit easier to set things up if you can plug in a few devices at once.

Maximo101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the Steamdeck arrived and I'm having problems connecting to the internet. It connects to my router fine, but won't connect to the internet. I have lots of other devices that connect fine. I tried the mobile hotspot on my phone and it connected to the internet, but my data plan is too low and it won't complete the d/l of whatever it's trying to install.
I tried using a mobile hotspot over my laptop and again, it connects to the network, but won't connect to the internet.

Any ideas? This is frustrating. Any help would be welcomed!

I should mention I did reset the modem and the router. The router table shows the steamdeck connected with an IP address.

Last edited by Maximo101,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4