AYANEO announces new REMAKE line of devices, includes AYANEO FLIP DS, mini PCs and retro handheld

ayaneo retro.jpeg

During a livestream today, AYANEO, the company known to make handheld gaming PCs, has announced a new line of products: the AYANEO REMAKE. Included within this line are previously-announced products such as the AYANEO Slide and the AYANEO FLIP DS. It is the first time that we were provided official details of the latter and AYANEO said that the device will be equipped with an optical finger mouse and a new cooling system tailored for the flip design. More details about the AYANEO FLIP is expected to be shared in about two months' time.

flip ds.jpeg

In addition to those known devices, AYANEO also announced some new products. These include mini PCs with retro-inspired designs, the Retro Mini PC AM01 and Retro Mini PC AM02, with more details coming later this month. The AYANEO Pocket DMG was also announced, which will be the second device from the company focused on retro systems emulation after the AYANEO Pocket Air. But unlike the latter, the Pocket DMG will sport a vertical orientation akin to the original GameBoy. Finally, AYANEO announced AYANEO Retro Power Bank, a power bank with an SNES-inspired design. However, details about its capacity and availability weren't provided.

mini pc 1.jpeg

mini pc 2.jpeg pocket dmg.jpeg ayaneo power bank.jpeg
It seems like AYANEO is keen on expanding its product line and establishing itself as a competitor on the handheld gaming and PC market. In fact, its stream focused on the REMAKE line comes less than a day after Steam's announcement of the Steam Deck OLED. Having more options and competition on the market will be good news for handheld gaming enthusiasts and it might be worth keeping an eye out on these products.

CharlesDeGaulle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'd love to have a train ride just talking about HoMM3 with a stranger that sounds so cool 🤩

I take it unsarcastically, so yeah, it's always a delight to exchange on this kind of theme. The last youngster (SD user) I met was a fallout enthousiast, before that, it was an older Dark souls zealot, subnautica, counter strike, even Evangelion 3nd impact (sweet Lord).

With each of these five people, I had the opportunity to discuss their tastes and gaming universes, but also the context which led them to this hobby, personality traits it made them develop. We are all very similar.

So yeah, one hour discussing oldies flies in the blink of an eye. And I cannot get tired of 'normal' people rolling there eyes when earing our jargon, I'm so used to that it now amuses me.

And when dumbasses listen to music without earphones in a train, I'm fed up asking them to get a life, so I am generally glad to share the sound of a doom eternal fire fight with them. Yes, it works, but I should lose this habit, it may not end well.
Post automatically merged:

I will mention the Ally uses a landscape screen, so it does stand out a bit in that regard alongside its high refresh rate and VRR.

Nice !
And 120Hz seems to be the future, so thanks ROG showing us the way :)
Post automatically merged:

The Deck does NOT offer more for less. Not at all.
My sister got an Ayaneo, and it's definitely leagues better than the mainstream US portable PCs (RoG, Lenovo, Steam).

Aya deserves recognition.
The Air was so light, it led my wife to finally enjoy handheld PC gaming (from stardew valley to Stray...but still :) ).

Even JXD and GPD opened the market, the first let me enjoy starcraft64 and goldenEye on the go in 2015, the latter all 3D C&Cs in 2018.

So yes, Valve is NOT the alpha and omega of handhelds, to each his own, hopefully.

Last edited by CharlesDeGaulle,

Fusion

On/Off GBA-Temp'er
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Exact, when it wasn't from the OS, the issue often was from the screen.
Even third party softs could be needed sometimes.

Then I used steamOS and all theses problems were solved, plus easy keybindings, it's Gabe's
mr-bean.gif

Yes that takes care of Steam Deck portrait based screen from the manufacturer, though the ROG Ally and the GPDWin Max 2 have landscape based screens out the gate so no tricks necessary. The other handhelds don't put thought into their builds, even the new Lenovo Legion Go is using a portrait based screen 🤦🏻‍♂️

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
A Nintendo DS or even a 2DS is still quite cheap. In fact a hacked 2DS can run every DS game and most 3DS games, save for those specific for the HD 2DS/3DS.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ah true, I thought the surface duo was just one display that appeared as two.
It’s most of the reason why I got it to be fair. I still don’t really trust folding screens… They just feel wrong lol

Reactions: MintyForSure

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why pay like $1200 for one of the typical chinese pc handhelds when the steam deck tends to offer more for significantly less?
Not always. Deck still can't play anticheat games and it is a weaker system in general than these handhelds. Very large too. For as chunky as that flip system looks the Deck is still quite a lot larger.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste