AYANEO announces new line of affordable handheld gaming PCs, AYANEO NEXT Lite, starting at $299

next lite pc.jpg

Handheld gaming PC manufacturer AYANEO has traditionally focused on delivering premium devices with a matching premium cost. For instance, one of their latest handheld, the AYANEO Kun starts at $999. While their devices do indeed pack a quality build, their price range means that they are not always affordable to a wider audience. The company now seems ready to expand its user base with more affordable handheld gaming PCs as they have announced the AYANEO NEXT Lite line, which starts at $299.

There will apparently be several models of the NEXT Lite, based on the chip (AMD Ryzen 5 4500U or Ryzen 7 4800U) and likely storage options. Some of the specs details can be found below:

neo lite specs .png

While sales are not live for the AYANEO NEXT Lite, the company will likely take the crowdfunding route for this device as they have done so with all of their other devices to date.

:arrow: SOURCE

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems kinda noteworthy to see them including an optimised HoloISO out of the box. Definitely will make it more approachable for folks that get turned away by Windows.
I still don't understand how Microsoft has not released a version of the xbox dashboard to use with windows gamemode yet. Almost like what steam does for Big picture mode.

Id love to just put my computer into a simple easy to use dashboard that isn't terribly slow(like playnite) or clunky(like steam big picture)

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
I liked it. Proper button placement, proper DPAD, proper shape (yes, it's too big, but gaming PCs can get smaller on current days I believe). They even gave a glimpse of fast access to power management (hope we can do per-game/software power presets, like JELOS).

On paper everything is good, very good. Lets see how it will perform IRL.

Edit: I don't like ABXY in american positions, I like more the japanese standard, but usually that's very easy to fix, so it's not a big deal.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Seems kinda noteworthy to see them including an optimised HoloISO out of the box. Definitely will make it more approachable for folks that get turned away by Windows.
This right here might sell me on this one. As long as I don’t have to use Windows, I am happy

Evilengine

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This goes into the right direction.
I like the idea of a powerful handheld, but it's hard to sell those for 1000$+. I prefer a Laptop in that range.
So I guess we see the trend to more midrange devices, and the strong ones from right now will be the midrange ones in two years. :)
So the development is interesting to see, I am almost there to choose a handheld pc....but not yet.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Feel like a lazy design, since it looks like AyaNeo Next Pro.
From what I see it pretty much is that design with the CPU of the original AYANEO and a different default OS. With the price being what it is it probably does stand a chance though.

Jmdaemon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am all for a $300 720p all star, but the 4500u is not something that can be used in a portable sense. It is actually a giant repurposed die. I am hoping there is something new ati is releasing in the form of a 15w or 20w performer.

mrcroket

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
With the Vega 6 gpu this machine will be only useful for old games, emulators and indies games. Still a good price for a switch like console but much more capable.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another one. :/

Might as well just go for the OLED Deck or the Switch 2. These devices have saturated the market.

MariArch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still don't understand how Microsoft has not released a version of the xbox dashboard to use with windows gamemode yet. Almost like what steam does for Big picture mode.

Id love to just put my computer into a simple easy to use dashboard that isn't terribly slow(like playnite) or clunky(like steam big picture)
i don't mind, not at all.

their lack of support on said front means more developers focus their efforts on improving compatibility with Linux. hell just a couple years ago linux gaming wasnt there, now we got 70%-80% compatibility. I've just about stopped using it in win entirely outside of work and/or that rare instance in which i want to play a game with a strict anticheat.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c