Hardware Next Nintendo DS Titled "Nintendo 3DS"

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I want to be excited about this. Just the whole 3d thing is a turn off. I'm not interested in gimmicky -3d effects-, much the same tv manufacturers are trying to push 3d tvs on people. Oh well time will tell how good this is.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hadriano said:
Maz7006 said:
Rydian said:
Yes. People just don't look at history before complaining how something is.

Wasn't complaining

Was merely stating indirectly that it took Ninty 3 fucking versions of the DS to "perfect it"
i doubt we'll be seeing that lasting effect for this.

You was complaining.

Its not like they forced you to buy these revisions at all, been quite happy with my Fatty DS. Its what they have always done, they did several iterations of the Gameboy, then GBC and then GBA...people act as if its something new.

Dnt get me wrong, the first DS i got and the only one i own is the Lite. I does everything i need it to do. And the revision of the GBA were a matter of size. With the DSi they added things such as the shop channel (which is the ONLY probably good thing about it) and they removed the GBA slot...
wtf.gif
of course there was nothing new about the DSi, let alone that brick the Xll or whatever its called.

my point applies here, as if why would we need all this motion sensing, 3d stuff. it makes no sense. and of course not worth the update. but knowing Nintendo we'll soon see them abandoning the DS and moving on, which is clearly what they did with the GBA. Things change, and move on, but why get rid of something that's perfectly fine?

QUOTE(Satangel @ Mar 23 2010, 04:09 PM)
I also hope it isn't true, I don't want some crappy 3D effect.

+ 1000000000000000000000000

kicknhorse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I love the idea of a new handheld, and only hope some games may use this '3D' if it is what everyone seems to thing. Otherwise it would be too much and we could all get headaches, like with the virtual boy
tongue.gif

However,

QUOTE said:
they could use lenticular technology. It works in a similar way to those pictures you can get where you tilt the page and the image either changes or looks 3D. This technology has come on in leaps and bounds and it might be the way Nintendo chooses to go

Is a small section from here: http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/...le.php?id=16110, and could be the way it may work.

But again, let's hope for only a few...

Will they re-release windwaker if it is gamecube like graphics?
tongue.gif

Range-TE

Trophies
Website
random-arrow.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
is this 3DS thing going to go like what went on when the DS was announced with 2 screen? people will say its gonna be broken and say it wont work and that it's a gimmick, but the DS turned out to be the most successful and highest selling video game system of all time (wikipedia)

Feels Good Man

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Rockstar said:
Feels Good Man said:
Sstew said:
That letter looks ridiculously fake. If it is true Im curious to see how it's pulled off. Hopefully it's not gimmicky.

It's on the official Nintendo website. I don't believe it's fake
YOu know nintendo can play an april fools joke too?

Yeah, 9 days early >___>
unsure.gif

kicknhorse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Range-TE said:
is this 3DS thing going to go like what went on when the DS was announced with 2 screen? people will say its gonna be broken and say it wont work and that it's a gimmick, but the DS turned out to be the most successful and highest selling video game system of all time (wikipedia)

Hah, that may be true but I still would not believe anything written on wikipedia.

Feels Good Man

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
kicknhorse said:
Range-TE said:

Hah, that may be true but I still would not believe anything written on wikipedia.

Wikipedia isn't that bad. You just have to check the sources after for confirmation

MG4M3R

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
They probably will use this technology (Fuji even has partnered with Nintendo in Japan, complete with a Wii Channel for photo printing):
QUOTE said:
Original Technology Displays 3D Images that Jump Out of the Screen

Our ability to perceive depth comes from viewing an object along two different lines of sight. This phenomenon is called parallax. The monitor on the 3D digital camera uses an originally developed “Light Direction Control System”, and the 3D digital viewer adopts a “Parallax Barrier System” to precisely direct light to the right and left eyes in a way that simulates parallax. Both enable easy and natural viewing of 3D images with just the naked eye.

pic_03.jpg

1. Light Direction Control System / Parallax Barrier System

2. 3D LCD monitor

3. Image received by the left eye

4. Image received by the right eye

5. 3D image

Source: http://www.fujifilm.com/products/3d/camera...ures/index.html

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Mr.Positive said:
The 3D might work like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5QSclrIdlE

If so I imagine a lot of 3DS games can use this feature for hidden items/boss weakpoints/Phoenix Wright style examining, etc.
WHY is everyone posting this thing. That ISN'T 3D. It's 3D graphics on a PLAIN 2D screen. We're talking about REAL 3D here. The one which you saw at the movies in Cameron's Avatar.

The post above seems to have got the point.

CyrusBlue

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
B-Blue said:
I think it's gonna be something like this:

I'LL TAKE 100.

No but seriously, Nintendo is fucking amazing. I'll buy one as long as it doesn't cost an arm and a leg but then again I might buy one even if it does.

Gotta get out there and get a job.

Prophet

Resident Black Militant
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I hate the 3d fad. Doesn't add anything fundamental to movies, doubt it will add anything to games.

Furthermore, with Nintendo's track record it is likely they will hype this gimmick and then deliver a product that is far less impressive. Like they did with the motion sensing on the wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: