Hacking {{N3ds users ONLY}} post your results if you are going to downgrade.

jscjml

Monster Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is this supposed to immediately say Arm11 Kernel Exploit upon launching?
#1: Allocating Buffers
#2: Allocating pagers
etc? it did that for me and it's not doing anything else. i'm a little worried to restart

Yeah that just means its frozen. You can restart your 3DS as many times as you want, until you hit the "Y" button to downgrade. Once that starts, dont touch it at all until its finished and reboots.

I have a black screen when I want to launch sysupdater in my N3DS XL

https://gbatemp.net/attachments/sysupdater-zip.34439/

try this sysUpdater

RandomOddness

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
etc? it did that for me and it's not doing anything else. i'm a little worried to restart
This is normal, restart the console and next time try booting up FTBrony first, exit back to Homebrew Launcher and then run SysUpdater.

Got mine downgraded 10.3E MM N3DSXL now 9.2.

Grink

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice, thanks

at first i only made it to step 5 without ftpbrony, but i made it to step 7 before it froze

edit: made it to step 8 but it froze before it let me attempt the downgrade OTL

Last edited by Grink,

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

your fine, keep restarting until it passes #8 and gives you some options, one of them being for downgrade.

XGamer30

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have this error when I lance the program for downgrade :

titleException:
main.cpp:148: Result: 0xD8E08067
Failed to get CIA file info!

Grink

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your fine, keep restarting until it passes #8 and gives you some options, one of them being for downgrade.
okay thanks

how do i know for sure that the downgrade has begun? made it to step 8 and i pressed y and nothing happened. before it would tell me it failed to find the cia or something. i want to be sure so i dont accidentally try and power down if its actually downgrading

Reactions: XGamer30

XGamer30

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
okay thanks

how do i know for sure that the downgrade has begun? made it to step 8 and i pressed y and nothing happened. before it would tell me it failed to find the cia or something. i want to be sure so i dont accidentally try and power down if its actually downgrading
I have the same error. Do have this error ? :

titleException:
main.cpp:148: Result: 0xD8E08067
Failed to get CIA file info!

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay thanks

let it sit until it starts downgrading, if it does not after a minute, restart and try again as it probably froze after displaying the options. remember to NEVER stut it down in the middle of downgrading or a brick may result.

kyo4981

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Finally got it after 3 days of trying!
Previously it kept getting stuck on step 7 of sysupdate checks (clean mem and release kobjects). I figured I will try pulling the battery out and reinsert it, and it worked!
I could be just lucky, and it could very well be a very dangerous maneuver, but my N3DS is pretty beaten and I didnt have much to lose. Do this at your own risk.

edit:
My system was a N3DS on 10.3.0-28E, and I used menuhax, ironhax didnt work for me

Last edited by kyo4981,

athairus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
US New 3DS XL on 9.9...
I tried running the downgrader with ironhax, it would either blackscreen or give me a cia error.
I then installed menuhax and tried again. Worked the first time!
Had to remove the microSD after restarting as I had a black screen, most likely thanks to menuhax.
I then got rxTools going with this tutorial: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...ncluding-emunand-coldboot-cia-manager.405589/

Everything's working well! The community's done a great job!

BDS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
New 3DS XL on 10.3.0-28E
Using julian20's build of sysUpdater (loaded through shufflehax): 6 softbricks so far.
I'm pretty much in the same situation as you (except n3DSXL 10.3.0-28E). Soft-bricked 6 times (tried different things, formatted SD, checked again and again CIA files...)
I've seen here and there that it's advised to format the 3DS but I don't want to do it unless I can restore my friends list and Mii Plaza data (at least Puzzle Swap, I somehow got to like those 3D pictures/animations). If I understand correctly we can back up our saves from digital games using svdt and restore them later using the same tool (once these games are back on SD) (I'd appreciate if anyone could confirm about the restore part). NNID can be restored just by linking it back to the n3DS (and so we can get back our eShop games). But it doesn't allow anything for Mii Plaza or Friend Codes...

D

Deleted User

After lots of tries yesterday and today, mine is stuck at "rebooting in 10 seconds..."

N3DS from 10.1.0.27U -> 9.2.0.20U. This is the ACHHD New 3DS. I used Julien20's version of sysupdater. CIA files were not from JustPingo's .ttp files, but rather, from that thread on that iso site. Checked the MD5 checksum using Teracopy as well as the CRC matches (again, Teracopy) when copying the CIA files over to the SD card.

Currently waiting it out about 15 minutes before I try anything.

EDIT: It worked. Booted once, black screen but wifi was on and blinking. Turned it off, took out SD card, and it worked. Nothing wonky yet, as System Menu launches fine and shows 9.2.0.20U.

I should mention that I got plenty of 'Failed to...CIA files!' as an error before it worked.

Last edited by ,

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After lots of tries yesterday and today, mine is stuck at "rebooting in 10 seconds..."

N3DS from 10.1.0.27U -> 9.2.0.20U. This is the ACHHD New 3DS. I used Julien20's version of sysupdater. CIA files were not from JustPingo's .ttp files, but rather, from that thread on that iso site. Checked the MD5 checksum using Teracopy as well as the CRC matches (again, Teracopy) when copying the CIA files over to the SD card.

Currently waiting it out about 15 minutes before I try anything.

EDIT: It worked. Booted once, black screen but wifi was on and blinking. Turned it off, took out SD card, and it worked. Nothing wonky yet, as System Menu launches fine and shows 9.2.0.20U.

I should mention that I got plenty of 'Failed to...CIA files!' as an error before it worked.
your fine, it worked and the black screen was from homemenuhax

Reactions: Deleted User

sl0ps

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to get N3DS XL 9.9.0-26 U -> 9.2.0-20 U
Setup an unlinked emuNand after a few silly mistakes, and things seem stable so far.

D

Deleted User

your fine, it worked and the black screen was from homemenuhax

Thanks for the reassurance, man. I know there are files I can delete to get rid of homemenuhax, but I'm still searching through threads to find out which ones.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.