Hacking {{N3ds users ONLY}} post your results if you are going to downgrade.

Rayzark

giooig
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have a new3ds xl 9.4 but after 22 tries of downgrading, on the 5th cia my new3ds sayed that an error it's occured.
I can't boot safemode too, what can I do?

Reniclas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Successfully downgraded my N3DSXL with Ironhax on 10.3.

I force quit out of FTP-3DS before loading sysupdater and it went through with the auto boot in the end. I also didn't have menuhax installed if that attributes to anything.

JoelLouviere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I finally got it to work. N3DS Japan on 9.9, got it downgraded.
I used menuhax and a second SD card that was totally empty.
I also used julian's sysUpdater, and after it kept giving me the failed to find cia info error, eventually after enough tries it just worked.
Here's a tip, if it stops at that cia error when you run it, just press b to back out, load ftbrony (it exits way faster) and try again.
It really is just a matter of trying it until it works. I had to force reboot it, though.

Miguel Padrão

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone pm me a link of a guide of what to do after downgrading? I want basically to install a cia, but i am quite newbie and don't know which tools to download...

DarknessMonk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan

Blazingflare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Successfully downgraded my special edition Zelda N3DS XL. I replaced the homebrew launcher boot.3dsx with the sysupdater.3dsx to make things go faster and it worked after about 10 times. Before I did that, I probably tried 60 or so times.

jscjml

Monster Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it to work, Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer bundle USA New 3DS. Was originally on 9.8. It took about 3 or 4 tries to get the whole menu to show up.

xopjPc4

Halfway into the installation one .cia file looked like it froze during installing, then my 3DS screen changed to "An error has occured. Please hold the Power button to turn off" and i got hella scared that it failed lol.
Ended up just rebooting the 3DS like normal, it booted up surprisingly. Went to check system settings:

mzf00EJ

y3hyZ5F

Thanks for the tool. I used this sysupdater. https://www.dropbox.com/s/r4o8q9hnxta75io/sysUpdater.zip?dl=0 no ftbrony booting or anything, just the plain sysupdater app through Cubic Ninjahax.

EDIT: Okay, after that downgrade i had problems running the Gateway launcher, or rather any CFW at that. If your downgrade turns out like mine where it spits an Error out and you have to power down your system (it shows on the bottom screen i recall) then you'll have to update back up to 10.3 and try again. Some files didnt get installed and thats probably why my 3DS was acting up.

Last edited by jscjml,

Professional Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I softbricked it 3 times, sigh... With or without SD it wouldn't boot into the home menu, just error screen. Guess I'll wait till something like KTM is released.

mexspeed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok after the whole day thinking and downgrading succesfully 2 old3ds i gave my new 3ds xl MM edition a leap of faith, it took me like 12 tries to get sysUpdater to boot but once it did i press Y button three times, after a while it finished and rebooted by itself, stayed in a black screen but weird thing happened i pressed the power button and it put me on the sleep mode page, i turned it off and deleted the extdata folder 0000008f, put the micro sd back and VOILA my 3ds is now 9.2.0U

mariosonicds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having issues my Japanese N3DS I Removed the 000400102002ca00 from updates and getting the error

titleException
main.cpp:108: Result: 0xD900182F

The general error that other are having... Using the newest sysUpdater. wut do...

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Can someone pm me a link of a guide of what to do after downgrading? I want basically to install a cia, but i am quite newbie and don't know which tools to download...
First thing you're going to want is RxTools. Then downloading .cia files is a breeze.

This will get you started (and maybe finished).

zephor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a MH4U edition N3DS XL on 10.1.

Going to be giving this a go, but there's something I want to confirm. At any point will I need to format the SD card? I have MH4U + the savedata on there, and I would be devastated if I had to lose over 700+ hours of that... If I do have to format, is there any way I would be able to backup the game+save?

jscjml

Monster Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a MH4U edition N3DS XL on 10.1.

Going to be giving this a go, but there's something I want to confirm. At any point will I need to format the SD card? I have MH4U + the savedata on there, and I would be devastated if I had to lose over 700+ hours of that... If I do have to format, is there any way I would be able to backup the game+save?

You shouldnt lose anything on the downgrade, everything (apps, saves all that jazz) stays the same after the process.

But just incase i think you should use "svdt" to backup all of your savedata, backup user and ExtData.

For MH4U, "user" is your actual file, "ExtData" is all of your Guild Cards, Event Quests, Unregistered Guild Quests (Registered GQs are saved onto the user file) and other things as well.

Last edited by jscjml,

Rustic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Little update on my situation. N3DS XL downgraded from 9.9 to 9.2.

After a bit of fiddling around, i got emunand running nicely through rxtools with unlinked nands. Seems to be working nicely, CIAs install and all that.
Though i've been a bit lucky since this whole downgrade debacle started (first try success on the memchunkhax2 tester and downgrade on 3rd try)

Good luck everyone else :P

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have a new3ds xl 9.4 but after 22 tries of downgrading, on the 5th cia my new3ds sayed that an error it's occured.
I can't boot safemode too, what can I do?
Now don't trust me 100% on this, but i'd say you're done.
Paperweight, doorstop, however you prefer to call that lump of plastic now.

andremario81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. I'm one of the unlucky few I guess? Scared me half to death when I saw that error. I knew it was a soft brick, since a hard brick wouldn't even display errors.

Not gonna format my 3DS, I have stuff on there I want to keep. I'm updating back up to 10.3 now.

For the others who got a similar result, what ended up happening? Are they all sitting at 10.3? Did they successfully downgrade?
Please help! I got the same problem and I tried to boot into recovery mode but can't get to it. Can u or someone help me? I got the error has occurred message.10.3 n3ds using ironhax

Reactions: Rayzark

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Howdy +1