Question about N3DS sleep mode brick

deadhunt49

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Howdy it's been quite sometime since i last used 3DS currently planning on upgrading Luma3ds n other stuff, however something there's one question can't escape my mind. Back in the day when you're on 2.1.0 on N3DS you can pretty much brick your console by going into sleep mode (pretty sure i still have 2.1.0 in it) is this issue fixed? or do i need to downgrade to some other firmware to avoid it?
Sorry for stupid question and thanks in advance.

deadhunt49

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
You no longer need to go 2.1.0 to setup CFW. Follow https://3ds.hacks.guide/get-started
in the Guide section where i need to restore nand backup if my 3ds was in 2.1.0 it's where i need to use godmode9 to restore it problem being i used different backup tool ctrtransfer therefore the formatting is different instead of '<date>_<serialnumber>_sysnand_##.bin" it's "nandmin.bin" is it ok to use nandmin.bin in GM9 or?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Nandmin "means" (with the caveat that anyone can rename a file to any valid name) a trimmed backup, which yes can be flashed like a full one, because the additional space is not normally used at all (like the first Xbox when they went from 8 to 10 GB disks)

Reactions: deadhunt49

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto