OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Voters in Washington and Colorado passed ballot initiatives Tuesday to legalize marijuana for recreational use, the biggest victory ever for the legalization movement.

Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper said:
This is a complicated process, but we intend to follow through. That said, federal law still says marijuana is an illegal drug, so don't break out the Cheetos or goldfish too quickly.

Jeffrey Miron said:
[The feds] will do whatever they can to interfere with marijuana legalization in any state

icon11.gif
Source

People seem to doubt that the federal government is going to go into the states and arrest people themselves since that might cause more friction than is wanted... but there's plenty of other ways the federal government could try to get people for possession/use.

As far as personal feelings, I'm meh. It's a drug that affects people's inhibitions and actions like alcohol (to a lesser degree), and I'm uncomfortable when people around me use it (just like I get uncomfortable when drunk people hang over me), but I'm not going to oppose the legalization... in fact it'd be interesting to see what happens if it gets legalized federally (or at least in enough states for it to make an impact).

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
well seems like a positive move, too many people get into drugs and rack up dept, or need them mentally to calm them
now before it gets bad, people/parents/family can go to the doctors and help these people without the worry of the situation getting worse because its illegal

WhoRuJudge

No, Who Are You?
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have never had an issue with people using marijuana. I never tried it myself (health reasons), but I never thought less of anyone who did. I see on par with alcohol, effect wise, and it should be regulated as such, IMO.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to see it legalised, just so that the moronic kids around here can stop bragging about how 'hard' they are for using it.

I do find the amount of "LEGALIZE IT!" to be so incredibly annoying. Like I'm all for legalizing it but not for the same reasons smokers generally are. In fact I think a lot of pot smokers (not all of them but most of them) who say "It should be legalized" are part of the reason it's not. Like if you see a stoner supporting something it gains no real credit. See a well constructed man (or woman) with a solid set of ideas for legalizing it then it gets credit.

So potheads, do what you do best and be apathetic towards legalization and it might actually get legalized!

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its a step in the right direction, we have better things to spend our money on the arresting people for using a drug that is pretty much harmless. On another note my state (Maryland) and Maine legalized same sex marriage which is also a step in the right direction.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A) I have to say, Colorado's governor was pretty blunt.
B) Ah, good to see these efforts didn't go up in smoke.
C) Legalize weed? Who would mari-wanta?
D) Man, it looks like the people are really behind legalization. Pot opponents better watch out; they're going to get stoned.
E) All of the above.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A) I have to say, Colorado's governor was pretty blunt.
B) Ah, good to see these efforts didn't go up in smoke.
C) Legalize weed? Who would mari-wanta?
D) Man, it looks like the people are really behind legalization. Pot opponents better watch out; they're going to get stoned.
E) All of the above.
When I saw you posted I expected puns, you have more then exceeded my expectations. *golf clap*

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The stuff was never illegal here in the first place (only having large quantities and unlicensed selling was illegal). Recently they actually tried to make it illegal like most countries, but
A. Illegal distribution increased. If it's legal, that's one less way for the mafia or whatever to earn boatloads of cash.
B. The users/sellers of the stuff actually became more of a nuisance to normal citizens than before.

So based on this I'm all for legalizing it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: