1. DrgnMasterKota

OP DrgnMasterKota Member
    Newcomer

Japan
    DISCLAIMER:
    THIS MOD IS A STRICTLY NON-PROFIT PROJECT CREATED BY THE FANS FOR THE FANS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [​IMG]

As all Yo-kai Watch fans know, Yo-kai Watch 1 and Yo-kai Watch 4 for the Nintendo Switch have been out in Japan for quite some time and sadly as of late, no new news has been released for the localization of these games outside of Japan. So that's where this translation mod project comes into play!

This project is now finished and covers the entire full game! Down the road some more polishing changes will be released to continue to improve the game like swapping out the in game images/icons with translated counterparts, but that will require the Kuriimu2 program to be updated to handle the files needed and that may take some time. Once it is though, I'll most definitely be updating these last few things to put that final polishing touch on this Mod. I've also created a project Discord for anyone that would like to join and follow the latest updates on everything and even potentially help me with this project and other projects that I have going on.

Screenshots of the project:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Link to download the Mod's latest version 1.0.2:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18vK8FgyBhxhS-yAMymzjQajtPKKi0feE/view?usp=sharing

Installation:

(MAKE SURE YOU ARE USING THE LATEST UPDATED GAME VERSION 1.2)

Installation of the project is very easy and straight forward. Everything is built around LayeredFS. So all you have to do is move the supplied "0100C0000CEEA000" folder to the corresponding directory listed below depending on what Firmware you are using.

ATMOSPHERE DIRECTORY:
    Atmosphere/contents

SXOS DIRECTORY:
    SXOS/titles 0100C0000CEEA000/romfs

Keep in mind when updating the mod to a newer released version it is always advisable to delete all the old files to avoid any possible errors or data corruption that might occur. Just delete the entire old folder and move the new versions folder in its place.

For general questions/early beta testing updates or to just join the project to potentially help yourself, follow the link below and join our Discord Server!

PROJECT DISCORD LINK: https://discord.gg/zPEc7ffqrc

Closing Support:
    I'm always trying to help others with my mods, whether it be commission requests or just awesome non-profit fan requested passion projects. So, I'll post my PayPal account credentials below for anyone that would consider supporting me in these artistic pursuits. Anything truly helps and in the long run will allow me to continue to dedicate my time and passion to more future awesome projects like these for the community. Thanks in advance and kind regards.

https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/KodySanders779

[​IMG]

Last edited by DrgnMasterKota, Jan 19, 2021 at 3:48 AM
  2. Randomghost

Randomghost Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Your the best..You have my full support.

alucard_xs and DrgnMasterKota like this.
  3. alucard_xs

alucard_xs GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Thanks for your hard work !
    How far are you in the translation ? 20 % ?

DrgnMasterKota likes this.
  4. DrgnMasterKota

OP DrgnMasterKota Member
    Newcomer

Japan
    Yes I would say about 20-30% trying to get all the system text busted out along with all the code conversion from the 3DS version to the Switch version. It’s a work in progress piecing it all together blind but it’s starting to come together very well.

alucard_xs and kerelenko like this.
  5. DannX

DannX Newbie
    Newcomer

Costa Rica
    Thank you, this is great!
    I understand this is for YW1, but do you know if there is or will be also a YW4 translation project?

6. DrgnMasterKota

OP DrgnMasterKota Member
    Newcomer

Japan
    With enough support from the community after I finish YW1, YW4 could also be In the cards.

Last edited by DrgnMasterKota, Nov 21, 2020
    alucard_xs and DannX like this.
  7. matias3ds

matias3ds GBAtemp Psycho!

Argentina
    Thanks ,,Amazing work !!!

8. matias3ds

Argentina
    Cool to see the progress on the game

9. nintylove

nintylove Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Just made an account to say I appreciate you and I'm very happy to see a translation patch for this game.

Last edited by nintylove, Nov 23, 2020
  10. Cool_akki2050

Cool_akki2050 Newbie
    Newcomer

India
    how may i help you , it is my fev. game

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

how may i help you, its my fev. game, dieing to play it in english

11. DrgnMasterKota

OP DrgnMasterKota Member
    Newcomer

Japan
    You could join the discord and help out with the project if you are skilled in that area of things, or you could also just join the discord and help support things motivational wise that would also be very much appreciated. It’s a large project but I’ve been busting it out myself pretty efficiently lately. Already got about 60-70hrs + worth of work put into this in just about a weeks time.

DannX likes this.
  12. matias3ds

Argentina
    Hey there !! just passing by ,, hows the project doing so far ???
    Best regards

13. DrgnMasterKota

OP DrgnMasterKota Member
    Newcomer

Japan
    Hoping to have another nice update dropping for you guys later tonight. Made very good progress on fixing all battle text and finished all events from chapter event 1 and 2 and halfway through chapter event 3. Just lack NPC text and finding a way to extract the games images/icons to take into a photo editing program and get them converter to English. I tried to just hard swap the 3DS images/icons with the Switch version and they weren’t compatible at all and glitched in game so its a work in progress.

matias3ds likes this.
  14. matias3ds

Argentina
    Hello , i thought i could help and tested some stuff . First of All the Mod works great on SxOs but not only on the Base version , but with the latest update 1.0.2 as well !!
    its good to know that the update doesnt break the mod
    And then i tried activating the chets that Zit has made a long time , and realize that those cheat codes had the wrong build version , and the cheat codes only works with the update 1.0.2 version , i tried using them and the mod keeps working great even with the cheats activated .
    Finally i these are the cheats in case anybody wants to use them as well
    Ttitle id : 0100C0000CEEA000
    Build id : aa45748622cf57c8
    [Speed Up]
    04100000 C0E76BE4
    40800000 20000000
    [Jump ( hold ZL )]
    04100000 C03C87B4 42500000

The cheats are made by ZiT

15. DrgnMasterKota

OP DrgnMasterKota Member
    Newcomer

Japan
    Alright everyone the latest update for the mod has just been released and updated in the download link. Current version release is 0.0.3. I'll continue to post these message updates to go along with all future mod update releases.The project is currently up to Chapter 6 out of the games 11 main story chapters. NPC dialogue text and all in game images still need to be addressed and will be when I figure out the correct way to edit and get them changed. And that's about it as of right now, enjoy the mod.

matias3ds likes this.
  16. DrgnMasterKota

OP DrgnMasterKota Member
    Newcomer

Japan
    Please ignore the last 0.0.3 build, the .fa file got corrupted with some 3DS —> Switch version testing that I was doing with file swaps. I didn't know until a member of our Discord brought it to my attention. I've now uploaded the new 0.0.4 build that fixes all of these issues and also adds a lot more to the game. As of now, the game is translated all the way up to Chapter 6 out of the 11 Main Story Chapters of the game. I hope you guys are enjoying this project as much as I am. More updates to come soon! Enjoy!

MonMonz, matias3ds and RY0M43CH1Z3N like this.
  17. NightTimeNoctis

NightTimeNoctis GBAtemp Regular

United States
    absolutely fantastic curse nintendo for not prioritizing these games

matias3ds and DrgnMasterKota like this.
  18. matias3ds

Argentina
    Version 0.8 is out Now , Amazing enjoying this Game in English on the Switch

19. MonMonz

MonMonz GBAtemp Fan

Egypt
    What is the update for this anythin after chapter 6?

20. DrgnMasterKota

OP DrgnMasterKota Member
    Newcomer

Japan
    The newest update fully completes the game. The only thing left to do is go back and overhaul the games side quests to fix a couple of bugs and then fully finish translating the battle text and then the game will be finished. Only thing after that in the future that needs to be done is extracting the games image files with Kuriimu2 when it gets updated to do so and then edit and replace those to English as well then the game will be 100% translated. But even in its current state without the image swaps, the game is very understandable and beyond enjoyable.

Last edited by DrgnMasterKota, Jan 1, 2021
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Translation, English, Project