ROM Hack [WIP] Yo-kai Watch 1 Switch English Translation Project

DrgnMasterKota

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
DISCLAIMER:
THIS MOD IS A STRICTLY NON-PROFIT PROJECT CREATED BY THE FANS FOR THE FANS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
yo-kai10.png

As all Yo-kai Watch fans know, Yo-kai Watch 1 and Yo-kai Watch 4 for the Nintendo Switch have been out in Japan for quite some time and sadly as of late, no new news has been released for the localization of these games outside of Japan. So that's where this translation mod project comes into play!

This project is now finished and covers the entire full game! Down the road some more polishing changes will be released to continue to improve the game like swapping out the in game images/icons with translated counterparts, but that will require the Kuriimu2 program to be updated to handle the files needed and that may take some time. Once it is though, I'll most definitely be updating these last few things to put that final polishing touch on this Mod. I've also created a project Discord for anyone that would like to join and follow the latest updates on everything and even potentially help me with this project and other projects that I have going on.

Video of the project:

(All video credit goes to Wizard 101 aka Frojj123! Huge props to them for recording and putting together this gameplay sample of the mod so that I can share it with everyone. So please make sure to go show some love on their YouTube channel and the video!)

Screenshots of the project:
cesa_a10.png

20211217.jpg

20210116.jpg

20210117.jpg

3_yoka10.jpg

4_yoka10.jpg

5_yoka10.jpg

20201212.jpg

20201120.jpg

20201211.jpg

snartl10.jpg

20201119.jpg

20201121.jpg

20201123.jpg

20201122.jpg

20210112.jpg

20210111.jpg

20210110.jpg

20210113.jpg

20210121.jpg

captur13.png

20210114.jpg

20201210.jpg

20210115.jpg

20210122.jpg

20211214.jpg

20211215.jpg

Link to download the Mod's latest version 1.0.9:

Installation:

(MAKE SURE YOU ARE USING THE OFFICIAL UPDATED GAME VERSION 1.0.3)

Installation of the project is very easy and straight forward. Everything is built around LayeredFS. So all you have to do is move the supplied "0100C0000CEEA000" folder to the corresponding directory listed below depending on what Firmware you are using.

ATMOSPHERE DIRECTORY:
Atmosphere/contents

SXOS DIRECTORY:
SXOS/titles 0100C0000CEEA000/romfs

Keep in mind when updating the mod to a newer released version it is always advisable to delete all the old files to avoid any possible errors or data corruption that might occur. Just delete the entire old folder and move the new versions folder in its place.

For general questions/early beta testing updates or to just join the project to potentially help yourself, follow the link below and join our Discord Server!

PROJECT DISCORD LINK:
https://discord.gg/zPEc7ffqrc

drgnma10.jpg

Last edited by DrgnMasterKota,

DrgnMasterKota

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Thanks for your hard work !
How far are you in the translation ? 20 % ?

Yes I would say about 20-30% trying to get all the system text busted out along with all the code conversion from the 3DS version to the Switch version. It’s a work in progress piecing it all together blind but it’s starting to come together very well.

DrgnMasterKota

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
how may i help you , it is my fev. game

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

how may i help you, its my fev. game, dieing to play it in english

You could join the discord and help out with the project if you are skilled in that area of things, or you could also just join the discord and help support things motivational wise that would also be very much appreciated. It’s a large project but I’ve been busting it out myself pretty efficiently lately. Already got about 60-70hrs + worth of work put into this in just about a weeks time.

Reactions: DannX

DrgnMasterKota

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hey there !! just passing by ,, hows the project doing so far ???
Best regards

Hoping to have another nice update dropping for you guys later tonight. Made very good progress on fixing all battle text and finished all events from chapter event 1 and 2 and halfway through chapter event 3. Just lack NPC text and finding a way to extract the games images/icons to take into a photo editing program and get them converter to English. I tried to just hard swap the 3DS images/icons with the Switch version and they weren’t compatible at all and glitched in game so its a work in progress.

Reactions: matias3ds

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hello , i thought i could help and tested some stuff . First of All the Mod works great on SxOs but not only on the Base version , but with the latest update 1.0.2 as well !!
its good to know that the update doesnt break the mod
And then i tried activating the chets that Zit has made a long time , and realize that those cheat codes had the wrong build version , and the cheat codes only works with the update 1.0.2 version , i tried using them and the mod keeps working great even with the cheats activated .
Finally i these are the cheats in case anybody wants to use them as well
Ttitle id : 0100C0000CEEA000
Build id : aa45748622cf57c8
[Speed Up]
04100000 C0E76BE4
40800000 20000000
[Jump ( hold ZL )]
04100000 C03C87B4 42500000

The cheats are made by ZiT

Reactions: DrgnMasterKota

DrgnMasterKota

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Alright everyone the latest update for the mod has just been released and updated in the download link. Current version release is 0.0.3. I'll continue to post these message updates to go along with all future mod update releases.The project is currently up to Chapter 6 out of the games 11 main story chapters. NPC dialogue text and all in game images still need to be addressed and will be when I figure out the correct way to edit and get them changed. And that's about it as of right now, enjoy the mod.

Reactions: matias3ds

DrgnMasterKota

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Please ignore the last 0.0.3 build, the .fa file got corrupted with some 3DS —> Switch version testing that I was doing with file swaps. I didn't know until a member of our Discord brought it to my attention. I've now uploaded the new 0.0.4 build that fixes all of these issues and also adds a lot more to the game. As of now, the game is translated all the way up to Chapter 6 out of the 11 Main Story Chapters of the game. I hope you guys are enjoying this project as much as I am. More updates to come soon! Enjoy!

DrgnMasterKota

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
What is the update for this anythin after chapter 6?

The newest update fully completes the game. The only thing left to do is go back and overhaul the games side quests to fix a couple of bugs and then fully finish translating the battle text and then the game will be finished. Only thing after that in the future that needs to be done is extracting the games image files with Kuriimu2 when it gets updated to do so and then edit and replace those to English as well then the game will be 100% translated. But even in its current state without the image swaps, the game is very understandable and beyond enjoyable.

Last edited by DrgnMasterKota,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...