Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

mallocup77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Which kind of VC game are you trying to run?
GBC and NES. Haven't had any troubles with GB or PC-Engine (yet). GBA runs fine. The strange thing is that I've never experienced "an error has occurred" with any VC game before (as I reminder, I was on sysNAND 9.2/emuNAND 10.7 with A9LH and AuReiNand and I've never had any issue).

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
GBC and NES. Haven't had any troubles with GB or PC-Engine (yet). GBA runs fine. The strange thing is that I've never experienced "an error has occurred" with any VC game before (as I reminder, I was on sysNAND 9.2/emuNAND 10.7 with A9LH and AuReiNand and I've never had any issue).
Hmm, my Virtual Console stuff were fine when I switched NANDs, have you tried reinstalling them with FBI?

mallocup77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, my Virtual Console stuff were fine when I switched NANDs, have you tried reinstalling them with FBI?
Yeah, I always use FBI, sometimes BigBlueMenu when something doesn't work...

And the game won't launch when I'm trying to launch it for the first time. When I power off the system and try again, the game launches just fine. And it doesn't happen with every new installed game, just sometimes.

Oh well, I think I can live with that... will also try installing VC CIAs with BigBlueMenu from now on.

If somebody does know something about this issue, please let me know!

Mr_Q

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Holding R boots your EmuNAND with the 10.4 firmware (which is what the firmware.bin on your SD card is) rather than the 9.0 firmware.
Thank you for your reply!

This is partly true, as im not using Updatedsysnand but regular mode, it boots sysnand (not emunand) with firmware.bin (which now indeed is 10.4).

From the First page:
- If you hold R on boot, sysNAND will be booted with the firmware.bin on the SD card.

Last edited by Aurora Wright, Yesterday at 10:57 PM

It seems I have overlooked it or it was updated... :) But Good to know and see it is clear now. Thank you.

Last edited by Mr_Q,

DQScott95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Aurora Wright Any plans on implementing BootAnim9 into one of your next updates? I only ask because your CFW already has a built in bootlader, so if it also had the ability for animated bootscreens, it would be an All-in-One CFW :3 Also, do you know if its possible to use your CFWs ability to use screen-init on a non-screeninit build to achive a bootscreen the same way it initializes it for payloads?

GBHAKC75

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Aurora Wright Any plans on implementing BootAnim9 into one of your next updates? I only ask because your CFW already has a built in bootlader, so if it also had the ability for animated bootscreens, it would be an All-in-One CFW :3 Also, do you know if its possible to use your CFWs ability to use screen-init on a non-screeninit build to achive a bootscreen the same way it initializes it for payloads?

BootAnim9 delays the boot to show the animation. You can like it, but I don't think that would be a great idea to merge it with the CFW, because a lot of people just want their 3DS to boot, they don't care about animations.

DQScott95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BootAnim9 delays the boot to show the animation. You can like it, but I don't think that would be a great idea to merge it with the CFW, because a lot of people just want their 3DS to boot, they don't care about animations.
Well it would be optional id assume. Just make it have to look for an "anim" folder with the proper files inside of the "AuRei" folder and it loads the boot animation, if it doesn't find the folder/files it would just load like normal.

Reactions: pbanj

GBHAKC75

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Could someone build this and test it for me : https://github.com/Hakujou/AuReiNand
Especially the option the always boot second EmuNAND (obviously you need second EmuNAND). It should work, but I can't test it as I don't have my n3DS with me right now.

If someone doesn't know how to build it, I can do it.

Last edited by GBHAKC75,

GBHAKC75

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Request : during select menu, please add Aureinand version number.

It would require to put the AuReiNand version in code, which is not present anywhere at the moment. It could be done, but I don't really see the point here, as we may forgot to update it, etc, so it may not be even accurate.

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It would require to put the AuReiNand version in code, which is not present anywhere at the moment. It could be done, but I don't really see the point here, as we may forgot to update it, etc, so it may not be even accurate.
So it would be cool to add a "update" feature...

princeken09

그 "멋진" 남자
Trophies
XP
Country
An update homebrew or cia would be possible. Some homebrew apps (like menuhax or the cia hbl) downloads payload over the internet, right?

GBHAKC75

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Last edited by GBHAKC75,

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Features:

• Ninjhax and MSET support!

• Sig checks disabled

• RAM dump (edit RAM.txt with a base 10 number for offset) [Start Button + X]

• Emunand (with 'Rei' version string)

• Compatibility with arm9loaderhax

Does AuReiNAND has that RAM dumping feature from ReiNAND ?

GREAFOX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What do you want to tell us? Didn't understand.
If you were talking about the possibility of loading two different payloads, yes you can do it, it's not something new.
The main difference is that, now, the payload named default.bin in /aurei/payloads can be load using L+R. Other payloads (named after buttons such as up.bin, a.bin, etc...) can be load using L+the button associated to the payload. Example: L+A loads the payload named a.bin in /aurei/payloads)

Sorry I didn't know.

Thank you for your answer :)

Reactions: Ekaitz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: and my right eye is bloodshot from lack of sleep but damn. the full moon with the clouds is...