Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

Out of curiosity, anyone else have issue with Uncart on A9LH? On a non-screen init A9LH, I can use 3.12 aurei to load D9/A9Installer/etc... but launching uncart just displays nothing but the blue light stays on (if i swap to a A9LH with init, it actually works fine)

It was my understanding AuRei initialized screen init for all payloads.

nwhiteman42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, well, I guess you formatted it using Windows' built-in tool, right? Well, Windows only allows you to format it to exFAT or NTFS, but the 3DS doesn't recognize those file systems. You'll need a tool like MiniTool Partition Wizard Free to format it in FAT32.
Also don't flash your emuNAND directly into your sysNAND via Decrypt9. Dump the CTRNAND partition, and maybe the TWL-related partitions and flash them instead. Do not mess with the FIRM0/FIRM1 partitions, else you'll lose A9LH.
I did it with a 3rd party tool. I made sure it's fat32. I already backed up those partitions.

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm pretty sure I did primary. I'm laying in bed so I'm gonna have to check in the morning.
Well, check it out tomorrow, I'm pretty sure that your AuReiNAND install is fine, but the 3DS refuses to read the SD card for some weird reason, that sudden shutdown after it turns on is a A9LH behavior when it can't read/find the arm9loaderhax.bin on most(all?) forks AFAIK.

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
I get this error when I try to compile AuReiNand(I have BOTH the latest bin2c AND armip, taken from AuReiNand's GitHub page)

8z72Dgp.jpg

GBHAKC75

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@GBHAKC75, upcoming as in Gateway SOON? When that feature arrives the button could be remapped. Not sure about it being a special button that is why I asked.

@frosty5689, arm9select is like the best kept secret for some reason. By far the easiest for loading A9LH payloads. Granted I only use 2 buttons select.bin (Uncart) and start.bin (Decrypt9WIP). I think @Aurora Wright loader is a great choice for people setting up 3DS for small children so the don't inadvertently trigger Decrypt9WIP which could be cause issues. Other than that I don't see why arm9select isn't used more as it frees the user from pressing L+R+Select to load Uncart where armselect does this with only select being held. Minor annoyance it does not detract from AuReiNand in the least. Far and away the best CFW currently for A9LH.

The feature is in dark-samus repo and it's pretty advanced, so the progress is real. But it's a pretty hard thing to do and since dark-samus repo shouldn't be used (dev repo, not stable at all), we'll need to be patient. Anyway, I don't want to map a button who will be used in few days/weeks and make this deprecated...
Remap the button is pretty easy, it's just some constant to edit with few conditions. The problem is that home is a special button that cannot be mapped this way, so it's a bit harder, so we'll stick with START for now.

Reactions: stl25

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just kidding about the whole SOON blarb. I have tracked the posts from @dark_samus3 concerning this feature. I look forward to the feature. @Aurora Wright latest AuReiNand commit curbed a lot of the grumblings about the chain load combo. I think L+payload button will suffice. I (Gateway user am still waiting for them to make a A9LH payload so I can graduate from menuhax. I don't use it that often so I guess being patient for that should not be that hard.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on Ubuntu 15.10 but i'm not able to compile anymore for some reason
I have bin2c and lastest armips
@Aurora Wright What am I doing wrong?

I get this error when I try to compile AuReiNand(I have BOTH the latest bin2c AND armip, taken from AuReiNand's GitHub page)

add this path to your computer's user environment path. I think this will fix your issue.
Code:
;C:\devkitPro\devkitARM\bin;
To be more specific, add it near the front of your path on Windows. DevkitPro does not like spaces and such in your path so adding it after a 'Program Files (x86)' entry might not help you much.

Reactions: fr3quency

Merrx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's asking a lot, but now that AuReiNand can do screen printing it would be much nicer to have a menu listing the payloads that can be booted. Use the file names from /aurei/payloads (which would no longer be changed to default.bin, a.bin etc.) and let button shortcuts be configured from the same menu.

I use a combination of AuReiNAND and CtrBootManager9 to get a similar behavior:
I renamed the CtrBootManager9 arm9loaderhax.bin to default.bin and put it in /aurei/payloads/, so it will be booted with pressing L+R while power on.
You have to edit the a9lh.cfg of CtrBootManager9 every time, you want to add or remove a payload from the menu.
I think the effort for renaming a payload to fit the arm9select pattern is similar to editing a config file.
You could even keep the original names of the payloads (Was start.bin now Decrypt9 or else?) and put them where you want (i.e. all in /aurei/payloads).

I'm quite comfortable with this as I don't have to remember a key combination.
I use the no-init screen version of Auroras A9lh and it works well.
As the screen init is done for CtrBootManager9 by AuReiNAND and every other payload (like uncart) is loaded later.

Edit:
I set timeout=-1 in the CtrBootManager9 config. Auto-boot is not needed, IF the menu is booted up.

Last edited by Merrx,

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've tried but doesn't change anything
Weird... Try to redownload aureinand git, before compile it for the first time: edit screeninit.c file, save it, and compile.
edit : i think this only works with no-init version of arm9loaderhax (https://github.com/AuroraWright/arm9loaderhax/tree/noscreeninit)

/!\ if you use an arm9loaderhax WITH screeninit, you have to edit the brightness on it, because aureinand will not reinit the screens. For example with delebile fork : https://github.com/delebile/arm9loaderhax/blob/master/screen_init/source/screen_init/screen_init.c
change "0x39" of the "#define BRIGHTNESS 0x39".

Last edited by RealityNinja,

UranusDarkness

I hate this world
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Weird... Try to redownload aureinand git, before compile it for the first time: edit screeninit.c file, save it, and compile.
edit : i think this will only works with no-init version of arm9loaderhax (https://github.com/AuroraWright/arm9loaderhax/tree/noscreeninit)
What is the fork of arm9loaderhax do you use? you can directly change the brightness editing it, also works for me

/!\ (if you use a arm9loaderhax WITH screeninit, you have to edit the brightness on it, because aureinand will not reinit the screens. For example with delebile fork : https://github.com/delebile/arm9loaderhax/blob/master/screen_init/source/screen_init/screen_init.c
change "0x39" of the "#define BRIGHTNESS 0x39").
capito27

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

edit : i think this will only works with no-init version of arm9loaderhax (https://github.com/AuroraWright/arm9loaderhax/tree/noscreeninit)
What is the fork of arm9loaderhax do you use? you can directly change the brightness editing it, also works for me

/!\ (if you use a arm9loaderhax WITH screeninit, you have to edit the brightness on it, because aureinand will not reinit the screens. For example with delebile fork : https://github.com/delebile/arm9loaderhax/blob/master/screen_init/source/screen_init/screen_init.c
change "0x39" of the "#define BRIGHTNESS 0x39").
Do I have to remove ARM to install the edited one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: as to you