Status
Not open for further replies.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
ho derp (btw cool avatar i take hours but i have a shiny gardevoir)
No biggie. To be fair, most of the members are male, statistically speaking.
I do loves me some Gardevoir tits, shiny or not.

On topic, been testing the nightlies for a very long time. I highly suggest giving them a try. For nightlies, they are extremely stable.

alex61194

Trophies
XP
Country
No biggie. To be fair, most of the members are male, statistically speaking.
I do loves me some Gardevoir tits, shiny or not.

On topic, been testing the nightlies for a very long time. I highly suggest giving them a try. For nightlies, they are extremely stable.
i have a really strange bug i cant use the browser gave the same error as the browser hax when i dont event have the files for the exploit or anything and i delete de app and update and nothing fml

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there, i have a lot of question about a lot of things.
But right now i just wanna do 2.

There is a .3dsx that i can launch in HBL to launch "launche.dat" that it's gateway menu? instead of broswer?

Second. I update Rxtools to a Luma3DS 5.4 I dont know if i did right, i just remove rxtools folders and replace with 2 files from luma

But sometimes doesnt boot (A wild red screen appears after coldboot and just get blackscreen ) sometimes boot. Dont know whats going wrong

Gateway does include an HB menu version. You have to extract it separately is the only thing. Should be called GW_3dsx.zip actually. Just extract it, drag and drop the "3ds" folder to your card, and it will merge the needed files.

You did make sure to include the "luma" folder right? Also, did you check the FAQ on GW downgrader corruption? You can check here just to see. Sometimes a leftover file from that causes issues (though usually a system with this problem won't boot at all).

check first 3 option!

Actually, "Force A9LH Detection" isn't needed if you're using the "arm9loaderhax.bin" and not the "Luma3DS.dat" file. I like "show current NAND in System Settings" -- tells you what NAND you're running on System Settings so you can't accidentally update the wrong one (at least not if you're even halfway paying attention), and "enable region/language emulation" is nice if you have any out-of-region DLC (I use it on my AUS N3DS XL).

Hello guys!
I need some help so please bear with me.
My o3DS has not been touched for a while, it has rxTools 2 which is still booting emunand so the state of my device right now is:
sysnand version: 4.x
emunand version: 10.x
now i want to update emunand to latest firmware, can i do that or do i need to change something before?
also to switch to luma3ds, do i need to update sysnand or can i do it at 4.x? what guide should i follow?
thanks in advance.

I don't believe Luma supports MSET or Spiderhax (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). I'm not sure whether it works with Ninjhax 1.1b or not (if you want to try, go with the Menuhax/Browserhax option). So, you'll probably need to update to 9.2 (it's a good idea anyway, MenuHax is much better than 4.x exploits, and A9LH is awesome, takes a while to install, but worth it, IMHO). There's a guide here that should help. It also contains instructions on setting up MenuHax, not to mention A9LH if you are interested (just follow the link at the bottom of the page once you're done updating).

Last edited by Kazuma77,
Reactions: Redirr

Redirr

X11 Extreme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Gateway does include an HB menu version. You have to extract it separately is the only thing. Should be called GW_3dsx.zip actually. Just extract it, drag and drop the "3ds" folder to your card, and it will merge the needed files.

I'm just blind, i download the GW package before come here and ask, i look for .3dsx files but didn't find because it was zipped.
THANK YOU SO MUCH.

You did make sure to include the "luma" folder right? Also, did you check the FAQ on GW downgrader corruption? You can check here just to see. Sometimes a leftover file from that causes issues (though usually a system with this problem won't boot at all).

Well now its botting, but sometimes doesnt. I meaing sometime "red screen" comes so Boot screen "nintendo 3ds reinand" comes and its boots.
But sometime its just give black screen after "red screen"

So i didn't understand about "GW downgrader corruption' i never used GW for anything stead of creating emunand. Even so i need to do all that step?

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just blind, i download the GW package before come here and ask, i look for .3dsx files but didn't find because it was zipped.
THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Well now its botting, but sometimes doesnt. I meaing sometime "red screen" comes so Boot screen "nintendo 3ds reinand" comes and its boots.
But sometime its just give black screen after "red screen"

So i didn't understand about "GW downgrader corruption' i never used GW for anything stead of creating emunand. Even so i need to do all that step?

Don't bother. If it's never been downgraded to 4.5, that's not the issue. Doesn't sound like it's booting Luma though if you're seeing a ReiNAND splash screen. Are you using a boot manager by any chance? Because some people say it has a low boot rate in HBM.

Last edited by Kazuma77,

Redirr

X11 Extreme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Don't bother. If it's never been downgraded to 4.5, that's not the issue. Doesn't sound like it's booting Luma though if you're seeing a ReiNAND splash screen. Are you using a boot manager by any chance?

"I tried a best of 10. Boot fine for the 7 sequence times, so its failed to boot twice, and the last boot fine" so 2 fails of 10 tries."
Luckly didnt fail none before with Green ou White screen like happens with Rxtools. But with rxtools never fail to boot after Coldboot.

WELL. lets back to your question. Let's me explain. I just downladed Luma3DS from Yakara website, copy and past files to SD over rxtools. Deleted Rxtools files etc.

I dont know what Boot manager means, but if it's that menu that yakara edits with options to boot HBL and configure xorpads etc, it "yes"?

I just wanna its stop fails to boot after "coldboot" because its alredy have the boring "fail to boot" with white or yellow screen i dont need a second chance of fail to boot;

Thank you for trying to help me out!

Last edited by Redirr,

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"I tried a best of 10. Boot fine for the 7 sequence times, so its failed to boot twice, and the last boot fine" so 2 fails of 10 tries."
Luckly didnt fail none before with Green ou White screen like happens with Rxtools. But with rxtools never fail to boot after Coldboot.

WELL. lets back to your question. Let's me explain. I just downladed Luma3DS from Yakara website, copy and past files to SD over rxtools. Deleted Rxtools files etc.

I dont know what Boot manager means, but if it's that menu that yakara edits with options to boot HBL and configure xorpads etc, it "yes"?

I just wanna its stop fails to boot after "coldboot" because its alredy have the boring "fail to boot" with white or yellow screen i dont need a second chance of fail to boot;

Thank you for trying to help me out!

BRB. Not familiar with that pack. I'll go see what it uses.

EDIT: Forget it, not worth finding out that way. So you have the purple menu?

Last edited by Kazuma77,

Redirr

X11 Extreme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
BRB. Not familiar with that pack. I'll go see what it uses.

EDIT: Forget it, not worth finding out that way. So you have the purple menu?
The purple menu was to rxtools.
Now its white and has a lot more function

But i alredy setup to 0 boot time. So its skip that menu and go right to the cfw boot.

I thought that suppose to be that way. I always used rxtools like that. Because yakara talks spanish its more easy to me understand that ingles. That why i always follow his guilde

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The purple menu was to rxtools.
Now its white and has a lot more function

But i alredy setup to 0 boot time. So its skip that menu and go right to the cfw boot.

I thought that suppose to be that way. I always used rxtools like that. Because yakara talks spanish its more easy to me understand that ingles. That why i always follow his guilde

Well, a boot manager should give it a pretty good boot rate I would think. I could send you my boot menu if you want to try it and see if it helps (I'm not thinking that should matter though). If you want 100% boot rate, you could install A9LH. There's a guide for that here if you're interested. I don't know of any Spanish guides, but maybe Google Translate can assist you with it. It's not complicated, just takes time. And where he says "RedNAND" just think "EmuNAND" -- any type of EmuNAND will work. That said, Gateway does have a tool for A9LH coming out in 6 days (at least that's what their site says), if you don't mind waiting. It's supposed to simplify the process. If you go ahead and install it, don't delete EmuNAND. Restore your SysNAND_original.bin to it instead. GW still needs 9.2 until that comes out.

Last edited by Kazuma77,

Redirr

X11 Extreme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, a boot manager should give it a pretty good boot rate I would think. I could send you my boot menu if you want to try it and see if it helps (I'm not thinking that should matter though). If you want 100% boot rate, you could install A9LH. There's a guide for that here if you're interested. I don't know of any Spanish guides, but maybe Google Translate can assist you with it. It's not complicated, just takes time. And where he says "RedNAND" just think "EmuNAND" -- any type of EmuNAND will work. That said, Gateway does have a tool for A9LH coming out in 6 days (at least that's what their site says), if you don't mind waiting. It's supposed to simplify the process.

I alredy have a New3ds with A9HL its really great. But this O3DS its a friends one. I alredy tried to convince him to setup A9HL. But him and myself are afraid of brick. Even i had successful installed to my 3ds.

I just dont understand why rxtools doesnt fail to boot and luma3ds fails to much. I meaning i alredy have coldboot rate chance of fail.

If you can send me yours ill try

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I alredy have a New3ds with A9HL its really great. But this O3DS its a friends one. I alredy tried to convince him to setup A9HL. But him and myself are afraid of brick. Even i had successful installed to my 3ds.

I just dont understand why rxtools doesnt fail to boot and luma3ds fails to much. I meaning i alredy have coldboot rate chance of fail.

If you can send me yours ill try

I assure you, it is safe. I've performed the proceedure on 8 systems (1 O3DS, 5 O3DS XLs, and 2 N3DS XLs). N3DS was the scary one, IMHO, because it bricks the 2.1 then has to unbrick it (there is no bricked EmuNAND to correct on O3DS). The software is very safe though at this point. I only had issues the first time because I used RedNAND, and got an "invalid size" error trying to restore SysNAND (had to do the thing where you restore 4.5 with a cart then use the browser to run Decrypt9). d0k3 patched the problem long ago though. The other 7 gave me no problems.

OK, I'll send you my menu and you can try it. This has GW as first option, and the default. You'll need to change it to Luma if that's what you want it to default to. It's easy though. I can't guarantee it will help, but the last person I sent it to said it worked good for them.

Attachments

• boot.rar
    386 bytes · Views: 105
Last edited by Kazuma77,

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
isn't possible for luma to display MB instead of blocks in data management and if possible eshop?
or it requires a true CFW?

nintendo using blocks to measure space is such bullshit, i never know how much i got left or the size of downloads..

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
isn't possible for luma to display MB instead of blocks in data management and if possible eshop?
or it requires a true CFW?

nintendo using blocks to measure space is such bullshit, i never know how much i got left or the size of downloads..
1 block = 128 KB. So if your game size is 20000 block, it's size is 20000/8 = 2500 MB, so about 2.5GB.

Reactions: GamingAori

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
but still i think showing it as MB would be really nice.
i know but it would be much simplier to display the size directly in MB
I agree with both of you! XD
edit: and if the language is set to french, it displays "Mo"... :P
edit n°2: I think it's possible to edit the message (to replace the "block" by "MB"),
But to calculate it... it will be more difficult X_X

Last edited by RealityNinja,

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I agree with both of you! XD
edit: and if the language is set to french, it displays "Mo"... :P
frenches using MO instead of MB are like americans using imperial instead of meters
whydoyouhavetobespecial.avi
(but my french friend told me that bytes sounds like a swear in french, but idgaf about the reason >:C )

Reactions: RealityNinja

GamingAori

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
We in Germany use MB for Megabyte too. so i think this is the most common. and a unlimited friend system would be cool the normal limit is 100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: If people suddenly see no more posts/comments from me for a week. I died. :(