Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ordim3n

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
frenches using MO instead of MB are like americans using imperial instead of meters
whydoyouhavetobespecial.avi
(but my french friend told me that bytes sounds like a swear in french, but idgaf about the reason >:C )
MO means MegaOctet. so octet means bytes in french. (BTW, bite is a synonym of penis in french, so not really an insult :))

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
MO means MegaOctet. so octet means bytes in french. (BTW, bite is a synonym of penis in french, so not really an insult :))
So in France it actually displays Megabytes instead of blocks? That is quite interesting, so the 3DS has that function already, someone just needs to find a way to enable this feature for other languages.

Gesendet von meinem Elephone P6000 mit Tapatalk

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So in France it actually displays Megabytes instead of blocks? That is quite interesting, so the 3DS has that function already, someone just needs to find a way to enable this feature for other languages.

Gesendet von meinem Elephone P6000 mit Tapatalk
Nope, it displays "blocs" :rofl: ( so "blocks" in english)

edit: but i think FreeShop will have this functionality (to display the size in MB)

Last edited by RealityNinja,

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We in Germany use MB for Megabyte too. so i think this is the most common. and a unlimited friend system would be cool the normal limit is 100

Interesting ideas. It might be possible to do the Data Management thing in memory. Extending the friends list though, you would probably have to patch the app I think. Otherwise it wouldn't be able to save it. Unless you did something like have it read from an external copy of the friends list file on the SD card or something.

I also think it might be a good idea to put the nightly link on the main page so there's no need for people to keep re-posting it. @Aurora Wright, what do you think?

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just happened after the new maintenance:ninja:, Nintendo takes a move now:ninja:
It was fully expected/known that the friends module check would only take effect after the next maintenance window. It just happens that Luma3DS hadn't had a release with the friends patch in it yet :)

dangwoot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick Question, i'm about to update to 11.0 and i have a downgraded browser for spider ar , Can i just reinstall the downgraded browser after updating or do i have to do something special ? Or will i lose that feature all together?

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick Question, i'm about to update to 11.0 and i have a downgraded browser for spider ar , Can i just reinstall the downgraded browser after updating or do i have to do something special ? Or will i lose that feature all together?
Yeah, it should work as long as you're using the 10.2 FIRM (NTR firmware.bin un the /luma/ folder).

dangwoot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok cool , yeah i have the 10.2 ntr firmware.bin in the folder already as i was doing some pokemon gift code stuff

swnny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Using the latest commit with n3ds, menuhax and emunand up to 11.0, why isn't the confing menu not showing up when I press and hold SELECT?

Localhorst86

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
When I start the console, yes menuhax works. But if you mean if it triggers by holding select, then no - nothing happens.
Then it's simple. You are not pressing select at the right time, when you hold select on boot menuhax doesn't trigger, therefore luma3ds does not get loaded.

Use the menuhax installer to change the trigger buttons to also launch menuhax when holding select.

alternatively, you can hold select once menuhax has triggered.

swnny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Then it's simple. You are not pressing select at the right time, when you hold select on boot menuhax doesn't trigger, therefore luma3ds does not get loaded.

Use the menuhax installer to change the trigger buttons to also launch menuhax when holding select.

alternatively, you can hold select once menuhax has triggered.

I think I have poorly worded my question.
Luma3DS boots fine, but I want to enter the config menu (to change clock speeds), before few releases, I could simply hold select while in home menu and the config menu will show up, now nothing happens, just sits at home menu. Has something changed, or am I doing it wrong? How to access the config menu once I'm booted inthe luma?

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luma3DS boots fine, but I want to enter the config menu (to change clock speeds), before few releases, I could simply hold select while in home menu and the config menu will show up, now nothing happens, just sits at home menu. Has something changed, or am I doing it wrong? How to access the config menu once I'm booted inthe luma?
Hold select while turning on the system.

Localhorst86

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
you need to hold select while luma boots (more precisely: just before it boots). You can not access the config menu simply by pressing select on the home menu.

Reactions: Xenosaiga

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You dont it isnt a PsP
You only got the config menu you are on about for clock speeds if you had ran NTR
You get the luma config menu before boot into homemenu by holding select you then select default clock speed from there which applies to all games

Reactions: migles

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That has worked on the PSP but not on the 3DS AFAIK.

Actually, that's exactly how Gateway's ROM selection and configuration menu works. But I've never seen it in free CFW. Guess I never tried it actually, because I'm not expecting it to do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAWdfBiVsZs