Can't delete files with long filenames / deep paths

XFoxPrower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a workaround for errors deleting files? For files that are either long themselves or part of a long path, Vitashell, OneMenu, and some FTP programs all fail to handle requests to delete. For individual undeletable files, I can at least move the folder but not the file. Is it a filesystem driver issue?

Reactions: Subtle Demise

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about when using a file browser directly on the PS3, like Irisman file browser?
edit: sorry I missed the Vita part

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a workaround for errors deleting files? For files that are either long themselves or part of a long path, Vitashell, OneMenu, and some FTP programs all fail to handle requests to delete. For individual undeletable files, I can at least move the folder but not the file. Is it a filesystem driver issue?

If you are deleting the vpk files after installing then just use vitashell to delete the vpk.

XFoxPrower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's error 0x80010058. I found a workaround: In Vitashell, Move the folder to the root and then you're able to delete it. I also noticed that Eleven MPV (mp3 player) can't play mp3s that are nested 5 or so directories deep. I'm guessing EXFAT support is wonky or YAMT / USBMC (I have YAMT) have issues.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's error 0x80010058. I found a workaround: In Vitashell, Move the folder to the root and then you're able to delete it. I also noticed that Eleven MPV (mp3 player) can't play mp3s that are nested 5 or so directories deep. I'm guessing EXFAT support is wonky or YAMT / USBMC (I have YAMT) have issues.

You can try storagemgr if yamt give you problem.

XFoxPrower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would you recommend one over the other? How easy is it to switch? I don't wanna get locked out as I have no internet to re-Hen. But if I can get my PSVSD installed, I wanna choose right.

XFoxPrower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Beats me. I only assume this could be a filesystem issue as every file manager I know had the problem. I don't know a thing about YAMT other than it's what my Vita came configured with.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Beats me. I only assume this could be a filesystem issue as every file manager I know had the problem. I don't know a thing about YAMT other than it's what my Vita came configured with.

YAMT is a mounting tool, there are only two different files manager , Vitashell and molecular shell.

XFoxPrower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OneMenu has a filemanager too. Sometimes I have better luck with that one when deleting folders, but it takes forever, deleting files 1 by 1.

Martinmiller85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried using Long Path Tool? I have been using it for months now for deleting files with long names or long path. It has made my life easier.

XFoxPrower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried using Long Path Tool? I have been using it for months now for deleting files with long names or long path. It has made my life easier.

Nope. Never heard of it and never saw it in the Vita Homebrew Database either. Doesn't seem to be an issue on PC, and as I don't have a PC, I had to improvise with my Vita. To answer others, I'm using YAMT Full. I also use OneMenu's file manager as a backup when Vitashell crashes and can't boot (clear the recent folder, etc).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated