Gaming Linkle the female Link

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Facts" which only connect a handful of the games. Re-read. ;)
I like how Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass are put in the same bucket with Wind Waker solely because they share an art style.

Again, some of you guys don't "get" what I'm trying to say. When making LoZ 1, nobody was thinking about the plot of LoZ 2. Conversely, when LoZ 2 was made, nobody was thinking about Ocarina. Subsequent games were not made from a pre-prepared mold, they were merely structured in such a way so as to reference previous ones. The whole idea of the multiverse, timelines and all such shenanigans came much later and tied everything together because fans demanded it to be tied. There is no "multiverse" in LoZ 2 - there is only a "Game Over" screen that you're overinterpreting.

WHAT? See now, this is where I'm starting to think you're talking out of your ass. Have you even played Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks? Phantom Hourglass takes place immediately after the events of Wind Waker. its not the same art style that proves it, its the fact that Link is on a boat with Tetra, pretty sure talking about what they'll do next after the events of Wind Waker. Spirit Tracks has a very old Niku in the begining of the game telling the players the story of what Link did 100 years ago (clearly explaining the events of Phantom Hourglass). Have you even played these games all the way through? Or are you just being cynical.

Now sure, maybe the intention of the game over screen in Zelda II wasn't initially meant to be part of a multiverse. But its so easy to interpret it that way now. And if Nintendo decided to make a game that takes place in the timeline where that hero did die and Ganon was resurrected, they absolutely could, and I'd be all for it.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
WHAT? See now, this is where I'm starting to think you're talking out of your ass. Have you even played Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks? Phantom Hourglass takes place immediately after the events of Wind Waker. its not the same art style that proves it, its the fact that Link is on a boat with Tetra, pretty sure talking about what they'll do next after the events of Wind Waker. Phantom Hourglass has a very old Niku in the begining of the game telling the players the story of what Link did 100 years ago (clearly explaining the events of Spirit Tracks). Have you even played these games all the way through? Or are you just being cynical.

Now sure, maybe the intention of the game over screen in Zelda II wasn't initially meant to be part of a multiverse. But its so easy to interpret it that way now. And if Nintendo decided to make a game that takes place in the timeline where that hero did die and Ganon was resurrected, they absolutely could, and I'd be all for it.
I just don't see how Spirit Tracks ties into Phantom Hourglass or Wind Waker in any shape or form, but then again, keeping track of the ever-increasing amounts of Link was never my forte. ;) That, and I'll happily admit that I've never played Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks all the way through because the art style makes my stomach churn - initially the games have little in common with one another though. ;)

To me, "It's a different Link!", "Ha! Different timeline!", "Nu-uh! Different dimension!", "This is the past/future, silly!" etc. just go to show that the story of LoZ is really non-existant, inconsistent and poorly strung together - those are all poor excuses made for the sake of continuity that does not exist.

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
my original point was that a Femlink would be just as appropriate as a Femshep because ultimately the gender of the protagonist never made or broke the plot in the games. Link could be anyone, really (because most of the stories are, as I said, self-contained and we've established that there are multiple "Links").
I hate this but even then I'd have to disagree and it'll still have to do with lore hahaha...

...Demise says he'll haunt Link and Zelda's incarnations forever. As such they are both linked to one another (romantically at least in SS, and ALBW also hints that). Link is the Hero and Zelda the Princess of destiny, and everytime they meet across the ages they recognize each other deep within. I think this is beutiful (My girlfriend also thinks so and she doesn't feel underrepresented in Zelda games but this is something else). Having Link as a female would mean Zelda should be male. It would just be weird as hell.

EMP Knightmare

Fixing GBATemp's Feng Shui Engine (using Win XP)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WHAT? See now, this is where I'm starting to think you're talking out of your ass. Have you even played Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks? Phantom Hourglass takes place immediately after the events of Wind Waker. its not the same art style that proves it, its the fact that Link is on a boat with Tetra, pretty sure talking about what they'll do next after the events of Wind Waker. Phantom Hourglass has a very old Niku in the begining of the game telling the players the story of what Link did 100 years ago (clearly explaining the events of Spirit Tracks). Have you even played these games all the way through? Or are you just being cynical.

So if Phantom Hourglass takes place immediately after Wind Waker what happened to said inventory of Wind Waker? Link just said "Meh I'll always get new stuffz" ^_^ and throws it all overboard? WTF? :blink:

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just don't see how Spirit Tracks ties into Phantom Hourglass or Wind Waker in any shape or form, but then again, keeping track of the ever-increasing amounts of Link was never my forte. ;) That, and I'll happily admit that I've never played Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks all the way through because the art style makes my stomach churn - initially the games have little in common with one another though. ;)

Haha what are you talking about? Initially Phantom Hourglass is taking place immediately after Wind Waker much in the same way that Majora's Mask takes place very quickly after the events of Ocarina of Time. You should get past your churning stomach and play those games, they are fantastic. And Spirit Tracks is also immediately tied to Phantom Hourglass. As I stated a very very old Niku starts the game off by telling the audience (you) what happened 100 years ago in the game Phantom Hourglass. Prior to the game's release the director even explained that it takes place exactly 100 years after the events of Phantom Hourglass. They've been playing with a proper timeline for the series for years, just cuz it was only published to the public a couple of years ago, doesn't mean that certain points didn't already have concrete positions in the timelines. Majora's Mask very clearly follows Ocarina of Time. Wind Waker very clearly follows another branch of Ocarina of Time. Phantom Hourglass very clearly follows immediately after Windwaker, and Spirit Tracks very clearly follows 100 years after Phantom Hourglass. These aren't loose connection for these specific games, these are pretty much thrown at you the player immediately when you start these games.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I hate this but even then I'd have to disagree and it'll still have to do with lore hahaha...

...Demise says he'll haunt Link and Zelda's incarnations forever. As such they are both linked to one another (romantically at least in SS, and ALBW also hints that). Link is the Hero and Zelda the Princess of destiny, and everytime they meet across the ages they recognize each other deep within. I think this is beutiful (My girlfriend also thinks so and she doesn't feel underrepresented in Zelda games but this is something else). Having Link as a female would mean Zelda should be male. It would just be weird as hell.
Considering the fact that Link never gets to "dip it" and there is never any outburst of romantic attraction ever, or at least I have not observed/read about it in the games that I've cared to play, I'm just going to say that "haunting two select individuals does not a couple make" - they might be haunted simply because incarnations of Zelda are princesses and incarnations of Link are heroes, not because they're going to bang-a-rang at any point in time/space/timespace/dimension/realm. Besides, if you're that picky, you can gender-bend Zelda too if it bothers you. Again, this does not influence the actual story one bit.
Haha what are you talking about? Initially Phantom Hourglass is taking place immediately after Wind Waker much in the same way that Majora's Mask takes place very quickly after the events of Ocarina of Time. You should get past your churning stomach and play those games, they are fantastic. And Spirit Tracks is also immediately tied to Phantom Hourglass. As I stated a very very old Niku starts the game off by telling the audience (you) what happened 100 years ago in the game Phantom Hourglass. Prior to the game's release the director even explained that it takes place exactly 100 years after the events of Phantom Hourglass. They've been playing with a proper timeline for the series for years, just cuz it was only published to the public a couple of years ago, doesn't mean that certain points didn't already have concrete positions in the timelines. Majora's Mask very clearly follows Ocarina of Time. Wind Waker very clearly follows another branch of Ocarina of Time. Phantom Hourglass very clearly follows immediately after Windwaker, and Spirit Tracks very clearly follows 100 years after Phantom Hourglass. These aren't loose connection for these specific games, these are pretty much thrown at you the player immediately when you start these games.
In other words, you have three sub-series going in. As for the early introduction, either it didn't
"click" with me in the DS games or I completely forgot about the details as, as I've mentioned earlier, I didn't have fun playing them, at least not much. I'm more of an Ages/Seasons/LttP guy.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if Phantom Hourglass takes place immediately after Wind Waker what happened to said inventory of Wind Waker? Link just said "Meh I'll always get new stuffz" ^_^ and throws it all overboard? WTF? :blink:

Who knows, they're on a ship, maybe we didn't see a bad storm where they lose a lot of shit at sea a day or so before. I mean are we going to really split hair because of game mechanics now too.

EMP Knightmare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha what are you talking about? Initially Phantom Hourglass is taking place immediately after Wind Waker much in the same way that Majora's Mask takes place very quickly after the events of Ocarina of Time. You should get past your churning stomach and play those games, they are fantastic. And Spirit Tracks is also immediately tied to Phantom Hourglass. As I stated a very very old Niku starts the game off by telling the audience (you) what happened in the last game that came out before this title to get you to buy their product. Prior to the game's release the director even explained that it takes place exactly 100 years after the events of Phantom Hourglass. They've been playing with a proper timeline for the series for years, just cuz it was only published to the public a couple of years ago, doesn't mean that certain points didn't already have concrete positions in the timelines. Majora's Mask very clearly follows Ocarina of Time. Wind Waker very clearly follows another branch of Ocarina of Time. Phantom Hourglass very clearly follows immediately after Windwaker, and Spirit Tracks very clearly follows 100 years after Phantom Hourglass. These aren't loose connection for these specific games, these are pretty much thrown at you the player immediately when you start these games.

Fixed ^_^

Reactions: Foxi4

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No no no Samus gets hit waaaaay to hard and loses her abilities, If you follow MM you know he's ability to copy is in fact limited ^_^

How about Metroid 2 then? There's no explanation on that one. Or Prime 2 (she starts with fewer upgrades than Prime 1). Also yeah alright about Megaman's ability to copy, but I was thinking about the Armor upgrades in the X series. Or the Rush Armors in the later classic games.

EMP Knightmare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who knows, they're on a ship, maybe we didn't see a bad storm where they lose a lot of shit at sea a day or so before. I mean are we going to really split hair because of game mechanics now too.
So through everything he can hold on to countless items but a storm is that crippling? Just a simple storm? I call bullshyt

How about Metroid 2 then? There's no explanation on that one. Or Prime 2 (she starts with fewer upgrades than Prime 1). Also yeah alright about Megaman's ability to copy, but I was thinking about the Armor upgrades in the X series. Or the Rush Armors in the later classic games.
Metroid 2 is told early on that it's a mission, she is in fact a bounty hunter ya know. As for Prime 2 I'd have to revisit it but I'm sure it does follow her pattern of losing stuff

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

How is that a fix, if he tells you the events of Phantom Hourglass, how does that encourage the player to get that previous game? Wouldn't that instead sway the player from buying the game since they already know the basic plot of Phantom Hourglass from his description? Is the description in the beginning of Wind Waker also the meant to encourage the player to purchase and play Ocarina of Time? I honestly don't know, you could be right, but I always beat the newest Zelda before the next one comes out. (Zelda II withstanding, that game is freaking hard and I still haven't beat it)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I wonder if this is the moment when I should say that most Zelda games are actually pretty "Ehh" and leave or should I just mind my own business and carry on with life without causing much jimmy-rustling... :unsure:

How is that a fix, if he tells you the events of Phantom Hourglass, how does that encourage the player to get that previous game? Wouldn't that instead sway the player from buying the game since they already know the basic plot of Phantom Hourglass from his description? Is the description in the beginning of Wind Waker also the meant to encourage the player to purchase and play Ocarina of Time? I honestly don't know, you could be right, but I always beat the newest Zelda before the next one comes out. (Zelda II withstanding, that game is freaking hard and I still haven't beat it)
I think what he's trying to say is that the introduction goes along the lines of
"here's what happened 100 years ago in Phantom Hourglass, yada, yada, yada, but DISREGARD THAT, CAUSE IT AIN'T GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT YER GONNA DO NOW! TRAINS, MOTHAFUCKA!" which is a bit... off-putting, don't you think? ;)

Reactions: EMP Knightmare

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So through everything he can hold on to countless items but a storm is that crippling? Just a simple storm? I call bullshyt

How is that bullshit, we see a storm do Link in on a ship right away at the beginning of Link's Awakening. I mean I couldn't find better proof than that lol.

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Metroid 2 is told early on that it's a mission, she is in fact a bounty hunter ya know. As for Prime 2 I'd have to revisit it but I'm sure it does follow her pattern of losing stuff

Huh, what does it being a mission has to do with her losing her power ups? Prime 2 starts you with a few upgrades but not as much as you had by the end of Prime 1. No Gravity Suit for example.

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Considering the fact that Link never gets to "dip it" and there is never any outburst of romantic attraction ever, or at least I have not observed/read about it in the games that I've cared to play
I like how Zelda holds Link's hand before the finale battle of Twilight Princess. She's a very cold ruler all throughout the game, and they never ever talked with any affection at all - but in that moment she acts by instinct. It would appear as being sort of random.

There are other tidbits but I'll come out as a hardcore shipper if I continue on this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast