Gaming Linkle the female Link

EMP Knightmare

Fixing GBATemp's Feng Shui Engine (using Win XP)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if this is the moment when I should say that most Zelda games are actually pretty "Ehh" and leave or should I just mind my own business and carry on with life without causing much jimmy-rustling... :unsure:
As I said before these convo's are pleasing to watch ^_^ everyone pushing options and views . . . . . it's like watching CNN of games.

Huh, what does it being a mission has to do with her losing her power ups? Prime 2 starts you with a few upgrades but not as much as you had by the end of Prime 1. No Gravity Suit for example.

Sry I briefed my reply as again I'm just throwing in one liners and watching this madness, Metroid 2 was only meant as a pick up and play version because it was designed for a handheld so no real in depth reason or way of her losing her abilities.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I like how Zelda holds Link's hand before the finale battle of Twilight Princess. She's a very cold ruler all throughout the game, and they never ever talked with any affection at all - but in that moment she acts by instinct. It would appear as being sort of random.
That's because for some retarded reason none of the Links can talk to this day. ;O;

I can imagine this conversation already...

Zeda: Link... truly you are my saviour... should you find my royal charms worthy... would you... could you... *leans in for a kiss*
Link: HYAH!
Zelda: You know what? Nevermind, I'm not in the mood anymore. Go save another kingdom or something.

inb4fanrage along the lines of "LINK SHOULD NEVER SPEAK RA RA RA SILENT PROTAGONIST FTW"

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That's because for some retarded reason none of the Links can talk to this day. ;O;

inb4fanrage along the lines of "LINK SHOULD NEVER SPEAK RA RA RA SILENT PROTAGONIST FTW"

inb4 somebody posts a CD-i video

But I like Link as silent. He actually talks to other characters, we just never see him talking.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
inb4 somebody posts a CD-i video. But I like Link as silent. He actually talks to other characters, we just never see him talking.
It's almost as if we didn't actually get an account of the events from the mouth of the protagonist so that we could string any kind of bullshit we want! ;O;

As for the CD-i games, I don't think they're in the continuity or the timeline... are they? Why? :rofl2:

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Zeda: Link... truly you are my saviour... should you find my royal charms worthy... would you... could you... *leans in for a kiss*
Link: HYAH!
Zelda: You know what? Nevermind, I'm not in the mood anymore. Go save another kingdom or something.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
*PRESUMED KISS INBOUND!*
...someone actually finished that piece of garbage? Oh wow.

Points for the find though, I never cared to dig that deep (hence I mentioned only the games I cared to play).

Just to make my position clear, I think that much like in the case of Mario games, Zelda games started off as simple "hero saves damsel in distress" stories and I don't think that there was any higher storyline in mind during their inception - everything else was built on top of that foundation and often times stringing together games like Four Swords and Twilight Princess which have little to do with each other in terms of style, themes or the story just seems forced and unnecessary.

EMP Knightmare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you know that? The Timeline says he was training before the ship was done in by a storm, seems like he probably had a lot of stuff with him, or at least a sword.
A sword in which an owl gives back yes? Besides the game took place as a dream ala Mario 2 so who knows what Link was smoking ^_^

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A sword in which Tarin gives back yes? Besides the game took place as a dream ala Mario 2 so who knows what Link was smoking ^_^

Tarin gave back the shield if I recall, his Sword washed up on the beach... so he clearly did lose some items. (I had forgotten that for a moment) If one Link can lose his shit in a storm on a boat, I don't see why the same can't happen for a different Link. And yes it takes place in a dream, but the belief is that Link is not a part of the dream, he somehow got sucked into it, making him the only "real" thing inside of the Wind Fish's dream.

EMP Knightmare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tarin gave back the shield if I recall, his Sword washed up on the beach... so he clearly did lose some items. (I had forgotten that for a moment) If one Link can lose his shit in a storm on a boat, I don't see why the same can't happen for a different Link. And yes it takes place in a dream, but the belief is that Link is not a part of the dream, he somehow got sucked into it, making him the only "real" thing inside of the Wind Fish's dream.

Yeah I looked at that and fixed it thanx ^_^

Honestly we all played Zelda for different reasons, we can debate this all night but personally I rather not

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
...someone actually finished that piece of garbage? Oh wow.

Points for the find though, I never cared to dig that deep (hence I mentioned only the games I cared to play).

Just to make my position clear, I think that much like in the case of Mario games, Zelda games started off as simple "hero saves damsel in distress" stories and I don't think that there was any higher storyline in mind during their inception - everything else was built on top of that foundation and often times stringing together games like Four Swords and Twilight Princess which have little to do with each other in terms of style, themes or the story just seems forced and unnecessary.

This is from A Link Between Worlds:

"Oh, that princess… She’s quite an interesting one, let me tell you. You wanna hear something juicy? When we reach a certain age, even the princess comes to a point where she has love on her mind, right…?

[Of course!]

OK, WELL… You didn’t hear it from me, but every night the princess goes on a little excursion inside the castle. Her maids say that she’s secretly meeting someone. Apparently, she’s not very good at the "secretly" part. So, one night, someone gave in to the delicious temptation of curiosity and decided to follow the princess… And guess what happened!

[What happened?]

The princess stopped in front of a large painting on display in the center of the castle. And she stood there just staring up at the painting for 10 minutes. And then went back to her room. Just like that! So when the person following her went to inspect the painting… You’ll never guess what happened! That painting…?

[What?]

This painting was of a hero and princess from several generations ago cuddling in one another’s arms… This person following her—it wasn’t me, I swear—continued to follow her every night! Creepy. And it was the same thing every time! Princess Zelda would just stare at the picture night after night… Not a very exciting end, I suppose. Maybe that’s not so juicy after all. Oh well. They can’t all be overripe fruit! The painting brought out a look of such admiration that had never been seen before in the princess. Now you’ve heard it. Go on, now. That gossip ain’t gonna spread itself!" — Rumor Guy (A link between worlds)

So yeah, they had a painting of A Link To The Past's Link and Zelda cuddling. And ALBW's Zelda stared at it every night, probably dreaming of finding her Hero.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So yeah, they had a painting of A Link To The Past's Link and Zelda cuddling. And ALBW'S Zelda stared at it every night.
Question. Where can I find this painting in A Link to the Past? I can enter the castle, obviously - I would like to see that painting. Because if it's not there then... y'know, ALBW is just going with the paintings theme and this is blown out of the creator's ass, meaning the quote describes an item that does not exist in the game that you claim it exists in. ;O;

Reactions: EMP Knightmare

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Question. Where can I find this painting in A Link to the Past? I can enter the castle, obviously - I would like to see that painting. Because if it's not there then... y'know, ALBW is just going with the paintings theme and this is blown out of the creator's ass. ;O;

It's obviously in an inaccessible place. You can't enter the Castle's Kitchen in the game for example but every castle has one. But you have to take in account that the Rumor Guy tells various rumors about other NPCs that can be verified for example.

EMP Knightmare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's obviously in an inaccessible place. You can't enter the Castle's Kitchen in the game for example but every castle has one. But you have to take in account that the Rumor Guy tells various rumors about other NPCs that can be verified for example.
A great way to makes sense out of nonsense ^_^

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The name Rumour Guy gives him a lot of credibility.

Again, you're missing my point. ALBW is designed to be a sequel to ALttP, obviously it's going to take hooks from the old game, add some in-between story filler and let the player connect the rest of the dots, that's not my point. My point is that, for instance, the relation between ALBW and, say, WW is completely non-existant. The two games are in no way directly connected to each other and as such my original claim is that there was no forward planning involved in creating the series, the creators merely had an idea for a game and fitted it in "somewhere" during development. I'm not saying that there are no connections between select games, what I'm saying is that these connections were not planned and there is no intricate master script which describes the tale/s from beginning to end - the story is being expanded upon as time goes on.

Reactions: EMP Knightmare

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Anyway yeah I won't continue on this. I wasn't talking about the timeline anymore, but just giving my two cents on why Link shouldn't be female. They should make Zelda playable then or something. Zelda games have a mild fairytale romantic touch to it and I wouldn't like that to be lost.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I looked at that and fixed it thanx ^_^

Honestly we all played Zelda for different reasons, we can debate this all night but personally I rather not

Oh for sure, but I actually really do like dissecting the Zelda timeline and trying to determine how things work, like as you said, how did Link go from having a ton of crap at the end of Wind Waker to nothing at the beginning of Phantom Hourglass. There is no concrete answer, but it is fun to speculate, and build the story up however you personally wish.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, don't worry atleast that video is a parody +1