Lenovo is reportedly working on a handheld gaming PC, the Lenovo Go

Screenshot_2023-07-31-23-52-48-866_com.brave.browser-edit.jpg

According to an exclusive report from online outlet Windows Central, another competitor is joining the handheld gaming PC market with a device of its own: Lenovo. The device in question is apparently called the Lenovo Go and might bear a similar look to the unreleased Lenovo Android handheld pictured above, the Lenovo Legion Play. While specs details are scarce for the Lenovo Go, it will apparently sport an 8-inch display and AMD's Phoenix processors.

As this is an unofficial reports, it should be taken with a grain of salt. But with more options on the market, it might further benefit us consumers.

:arrow:SOURCE

shinwg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just need gaming handle that let run game trainers and none steam games. I returned steam deck for that reason I couldn’t play what I wanted

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man everyone is making one of these these days. I think I'd be annoyed by how quickly obsolete the model I purchased would become if I were to get one.

Jean Karlo

Hacker Aspirant!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man everyone is making one of these these days. I think I'd be annoyed by how quickly obsolete the model I purchased would become if I were to get one.
Dumb take, Your model literally works the same, it doesnt get downgraded because a new handheld with 15% more power comes out. Still happy with my steam deck after multiple slightly more powerful devices have come to market

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Need to get me a handheld. I love where handheld devices are going, hopefully competition with Asus' ROG Ally, Lenovo Go and SteamDeck will push prices down.

I want a SteamDeck but $400 for the 64-gb is too steep, for $400 I'd rather upgrade from Ps4 to a Ps5, or hope for a $350 price point for the rumored Ps5 Slim with detachable disk drive.

Btw RIP Nintendont Switch.
Thank you

I have the $$ but that's my reason I rather buy a PS5 than a water down handheld. Steamdeck is okay but not worth $400

Reactions: HellGhast

Jean Karlo

Hacker Aspirant!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you

I have the $$ but that's my reason I rather buy a PS5 than a water down handheld. Steamdeck is okay but not worth $400
If you have to choose between them yeah save your money. If you have the money though getting a PS5, Switch, SteamDeck (or any pc gaming handheld) and Gaming PC is the best combo for gaming all around been enjoying it for a while :yaysp:

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dumb take, Your model literally works the same, it doesnt get downgraded because a new handheld with 15% more power comes out. Still happy with my steam deck after multiple slightly more powerful devices have come to market
I mean you see it all the time with people and their smartphones. Maybe it's a "dumb" take, but it's a very real take that people exhibit all the time in the real world all the same. I mean I definitely wouldn't get a Steam Deck right now at this moment when the Steam Deck 2 is probably no more than a year away.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if this will lead to another "crash of 82" scenario (as you may know the dubbed "Video Game Depression" was caused by an oversaturation of game consoleson the market games became dirt cheap during this time though i think high inflation played a role too iirc)

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I wonder if this will lead to another "crash of 82" scenario (as you may know the dubbed "Video Game Depression" was caused by an oversaturation of game consoleson the market games became dirt cheap during this time though i think high inflation played a role too iirc)
I doubt it, the crash was caused by too many incompatible platforms vying for customers in a limited market, cranking out half-assed games and licenced shovelware, and fighting over exclusives. These new portables are all just PCs, even if the portability craze wears off it won't affect the gaming industry as a whole.

Reactions: zfreeman

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have to choose between them yeah save your money. If you have the money though getting a PS5, Switch, SteamDeck (or any pc gaming handheld) and Gaming PC is the best combo for gaming all around been enjoying it for a while :yaysp:

I may get some hate here but the steamdeck is a "gimmick" device.

For those who remember when trunks fought perfect cell he couldn't hit him. He had all the power but it didn't mean anything.

Battery life is the steamdeck downfall at best you get 2 hours. It's not optimized yet and even do the games you're playing at low settings.

Looks good on paper but the battery was a reason for me not to get it

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Battery life is the steamdeck downfall at best you get 2 hours. It's not optimized yet and even do the games you're playing at low settings.

Looks good on paper but the battery was a reason for me not to get it
It's more like at worst you get 2 hours, and that's if you don't use the many options that let you optimise it. It's not a device for people that want to run all AAA games on ultra settings or just expect everything to work without tinkering (although the majority of Steam games do just seam to work).

UltraHurricane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No reason they couldn't also partner with Valve to ship both Windows and SteamOS models depending on customer preference. Well, no good reason, anyway.
Valve's reason for not officially licensing SteamOS on other handhelds is mostly due to the fact that they feel like it's still in beta and needs more fine-tuning before they can license it out to a wider market

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto