Images of the alleged Lenovo Go handheld gaming PC leaked, features Switch-like removeable controllers

Screenshot 2023-08-17 170612.jpg

Earlier this month, news emerged that Lenovo was working on its own handheld gaming PC to compete with the likes of the Steam Deck, ROG ALLY and AYANEO. Now, a new report from Windows Report has provided what it alleges to be images of that device.

lego 1.jpg

lego 2.jpg lego 3.jpg
Images from Windows Report's article

The report also shares some specs details of the device, which is calling the Lenovo Legion Go; some of which can also be inferred from the images. As this article's featured image shows, the device will apparently feature detachable, Switch-like controllers, a button layout similar to Rog Ally, an 8 inches screen, a wide kickstand, a Steam Deck-like trackpad, will use Windows 11 as its OS and will likely sport AMD's Phoenix processors.

As these are unofficial images, take this news with some measure of salt but what do you think of the looks and specs of this alleged handheld gaming PC?

:arrow: SOURCE

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Handhelds have to be good in just two categories: power and battery life. Having that will make people overlook how ugly this thing is.

Also, nobody cares for removable joysticks. The switch is successful not because of the removable joysticks, the industry misunderstood that.

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

Magnus87

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I still believe that if Nintendo wants to repeat the success of Switch it has to offer something beyond hardware power, some kind of new gimmick not so easy to "emulate".

• Love
Reactions: dudeguy2022

gaga941021

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I still believe that if Nintendo wants to repeat the success of Switch it has to offer something beyond hardware power, some kind of new gimmick not so easy to "emulate".
A new system software will be enough.

Look at current Switch emulation.
It stills has plenty of issues.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
I has been that way since Nintendo began producing video games, they change A LOT of concepts from one generation to another. The game boy family is the only exception I can think of.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I has been that way since Nintendo began producing video games, they change A LOT of concepts from one generation to another. The game boy family is the only exception I can think of.
DS to DS Lite really only changed form... Game Boy to GBC at least added something...

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NES to SNES - Better graphics
N64 - More powerful than the competition, yet it still lost because they used carts
GCN - Typical gaming console with a cute cube design.

Game Boy to the DS was essentially about improving graphics and the DS just had two screens instead of one. 3DS? The 3D gimmick that most just kept it turned off.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/dCvPALlXf6k?si=79a51f2Fxz9buHTX