Images of the alleged Lenovo Go handheld gaming PC leaked, features Switch-like removeable controllers

Screenshot 2023-08-17 170612.jpg

Earlier this month, news emerged that Lenovo was working on its own handheld gaming PC to compete with the likes of the Steam Deck, ROG ALLY and AYANEO. Now, a new report from Windows Report has provided what it alleges to be images of that device.

lego 1.jpg

lego 2.jpg lego 3.jpg
Images from Windows Report's article

The report also shares some specs details of the device, which is calling the Lenovo Legion Go; some of which can also be inferred from the images. As this article's featured image shows, the device will apparently feature detachable, Switch-like controllers, a button layout similar to Rog Ally, an 8 inches screen, a wide kickstand, a Steam Deck-like trackpad, will use Windows 11 as its OS and will likely sport AMD's Phoenix processors.

As these are unofficial images, take this news with some measure of salt but what do you think of the looks and specs of this alleged handheld gaming PC?

:arrow: SOURCE

djnate27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Handhelds have to be good in just two categories: power and battery life. Having that will make people overlook how ugly this thing is.

Also, nobody cares for removable joysticks. The switch is successful not because of the removable joysticks, the industry misunderstood that.
Function over form usually wins.

Not sure I completely agree on your second point. While I've never docked my Switch (so i don't need to detach my Joysticks)...there are tons of people who remove their JoyCons while docked. You pretty much have to unless you plan to buy something like the Pro Controller. I can't dock my Steam Deck without an additional controller.

Andalitez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Detachable controllers just means it's easier for those with stick drift to replace with off the shelf parts themselves vs having to take to a service center or local repair shop when they eventually wear out
Post automatically merged:

I might be in the minority but I like the look of it. I've been a fan of gaming handhelds for years. I always eyed the GPD Win but was always unaffordable for what it was vs where I stay. When valve announced the steam deck I created a US steam account just so I could purchase one and postal forward to myself. I got one after some painstaking effort and used it for awhile. Unfortunately SteamOS was the limiting factor in my personal experience, I really tried to love the deck but practically for the games I wanted to play it just didn't work without great effort and workarounds. I spent more time researching how and why and what to do to get stuff to work on deck that my lizard brain just gave up. I know I'm probably in the minority when I say it wasn't a console like experience for me and in the end I just had to sell it and accept the fact that it just wasn't a device suited for me.Fast forward to now, I got the Ally, I know how windows works and have ended up replacing my desktop with the Ally. I probably won't get the lenovo go, but great to see more handhelds in the space. More competition can only be good.

Also apologies for the wall of text

Last edited by Andalitez,
Reactions: CharlesDeGaulle

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lmao another windows handheld system.
Yeah, the market is just over saturated with these devices now.

Remember when everyone was releasing their own "Mini" console? Yep. Sega did it first (with those shitty AtGames' shitboxes), but when it was truly a success is when Nintendo did it.

Lmao another windows handheld system.

Remember when everyone was releasing their own "Mini" console? Yep. Sega did it first (with those shitty AtGames' shitboxes), but when it was truly a success is when Nintendo did it.

Reactions: Hayato213

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I kinda wish these company would come up with their own OS, atleast for Steam Deck you can give people enough reason to buy one due to it unique OS. All these other handhelds like Aya Neo, Onexplayer, ROG Ally all have windows.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Phearoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, if it wasn't Lenovo I'd be interested...
Why is that? From my research as of a year ago, they make the best tablet on the market for the money; with only Samsung surpassing them at 3x cost. I had a positive perspective on Lenovo.
Denuvo on the otherhand...

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Why is that? From my research as of a year ago, they make the best tablet on the market for the money; with only Samsung surpassing them at 3x cost. I had a positive perspective on Lenovo.
Denuvo on the otherhand...
Never had a positive experience with Lenovo and anything PC related. Android? Okay, sure… but they almost always break something with their Windows based devices.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I kinda wish these company would come up with their own OS, atleast for Steam Deck you can give people enough reason to buy one due to it unique OS. All these other handhelds like Aya Neo, Onexplayer, ROG Ally all have windows.
I don't think they need a new OS if they want to run Windows. But they or someone probably need to make a good gui launcher for games, like the SteamOS gui. Easy to grasp and works great handheled.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kinda wish these company would come up with their own OS, atleast for Steam Deck you can give people enough reason to buy one due to it unique OS. All these other handhelds like Aya Neo, Onexplayer, ROG Ally all have windows
I agree btw the new meme now is "can it run starfield?" (not crysis or doom) i meanm i might bite and get either a rog/lenovo's device if bethesda doesn't do major optimizations for the deck pretty sure valve is sweating buckets if they cant run it but their competitors can

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im saying just too many Windows os handheld.
95% of models are from small Chinese startups that offer zero support and just get cranked out every year with minimal testing as designs-in-progress. Steam Deck, ROG Ally, and this Lenovo product are the only ones in a different class of design effort, sales volume and support, so if you care at all about PC handhelds, its worth paying attention to.

Windows is indeed iffy as a handheld OS but, I like how the Go managed to cram a trackpad in there to ease windows navigation a bit. I think its also being underestimated how useful pulling off the controller is for a windows device rather than a console, now you have a tablet that can actually browse the web, access all of the video services, and even play lower-intensity mouse-based games like puzzle or card games. The kickstand also makes it very easy to add KBaM to the setup when you want, without having to go into full docked mode with an external display.

Reactions: Andalitez

CharlesDeGaulle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I really tried to love the deck but practically for the games I wanted to play it just didn't work without great effort and workarounds.

Hi Andalitez,

Your feedback is interesting, may I ask you what game gave you a hard time on Steam OS ?
Apparently we have quite a similar experience, from jxd handheld (android), then GPD (windows) and SD (linux).

All three OS had there respective limitations, but so far Linux seems to be the more compatible overall.
I even wrote a crappy tuto on this site, aimed to play starcraft on switch through win95...

Ah, youth.

Just to be the picky one, yes SEGA did it first BUT they did it right :)

Just imagine the potential in 1995, I would have killed for it...
If only I ever knew it existed, from my backwater village lost in french cevennes.

Last edited by CharlesDeGaulle,
  • Love
Reactions: djnate27

Magnus87

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Maybe I expressed myself badly or it was just my horrible English.

When I said "emulate" I didn't mean to run an emulator but to replicate the way you play. That's why I think Nintendo should find a way to innovate the gameplay on its next console beyond simply being a more powerful version.

For example, improve the Dock so that it can receive the video signal from the console wirelessly, thus being able to use 2 screens at the same time again.
One of the disadvantages of the Wii U was that you could only have one Gamepad U per console, leaving other players limited to using the TV with a Wiimote. However with a new dock this could change if it supports 4 consoles at the same time so there could be "8 screens". and without losing performance since the image processing is carried out by each console individually and the dock would only show a layout of 4 screens on the TV.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBATemp try not to be pessimistic about the Switch challenge (impossible)

Anyway, I enjoy the disconnecting controllers. They are pretty convenient. Just wish the Joy-Con themselves were better.

I don't think it is impossible for them to bring the Dual Screen back. I think the idea would work better with a true hybrid, especially if dual screen with the TV is optional.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Uncensored patch for Barbie games?