Lenovo is reportedly working on a handheld gaming PC, the Lenovo Go

Screenshot_2023-07-31-23-52-48-866_com.brave.browser-edit.jpg

According to an exclusive report from online outlet Windows Central, another competitor is joining the handheld gaming PC market with a device of its own: Lenovo. The device in question is apparently called the Lenovo Go and might bear a similar look to the unreleased Lenovo Android handheld pictured above, the Lenovo Legion Play. While specs details are scarce for the Lenovo Go, it will apparently sport an 8-inch display and AMD's Phoenix processors.

As this is an unofficial reports, it should be taken with a grain of salt. But with more options on the market, it might further benefit us consumers.

:arrow:SOURCE

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Please don’t be another Windows portable PC
Lenovo has a partnership with Microsoft.. It's either a Windows based portable, or android..

Latiodile

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lenovo has a partnership with Microsoft.. It's either a Windows based portable, or android..
all i know for sure is that it'll be horrendously locked down and likely apple-ified not letting you swap any parts out, because that's usually what lenovo does, especially for wifi cards, but they have a history of bricking things that aren't on their whitelist

HellGhast

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
Need to get me a handheld. I love where handheld devices are going, hopefully competition with Asus' ROG Ally, Lenovo Go and SteamDeck will push prices down.

I want a SteamDeck but $400 for the 64-gb is too steep, for $400 I'd rather upgrade from Ps4 to a Ps5, or hope for a $350 price point for the rumored Ps5 Slim with detachable disk drive.

Btw RIP Nintendont Switch.

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lenovo has let me down very few times in the past. Every Lenovo I had was great so I have high expectations they won’t cut corners

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Please don’t be another Windows portable PC
No reason they couldn't also partner with Valve to ship both Windows and SteamOS models depending on customer preference. Well, no good reason, anyway.

StrayGuitarist

A genuine feline disaster.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a Lenovo Legion gaming laptop in 2021 around Black Friday. The price and specs couldn't be beat, and it still serves me quite well today, having opened it up a few times to upgrade the storage and clean out the dust traps, it looks well built and is almost entirely user serviceable. I'm interested, here's hoping it's not another "just for emulation" or cloud-based switch-shaped nugget.

Reactions: Defective1Up

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
AMD's Phoenix processors.​
And any hope of it being cheap goes out the window.
It's like the entire market took a look at the $400 Steam Deck and said "well, there goes that segment, let's focus on the $1000+ range instead."

Missterobe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I think handhelds are the most exciting thing in the PC hardware market right now, (which is unfortunate I guess) so I'm looking forward to it.

Reactions: ganons

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya