Prototype of the Anbernic Win701 handheld gaming PC leaked

win701 1.jpg

After releasing the indie-friendly Win600, handheld console manufacturer Anbernic seems to be following up with a beefier model. As reported by YouTube channel NITTRX, the company's next Windows-based handheld has been leaked. The device, apparently named Win701, will reportedly pack an AMD 7840U processor, which is comparable to that featured in the Asus ROG Ally. While further specs, pricing and availability details haven't been shared, NITTRX has shared a video with a functional prototype in action:

win701 1.jpg

win701 2.jpg win701 3.jpg win701 4.jpg

Screenshots from NITTRX's video

As these are unofficial leaks, do take this information with a grain of salt; but Anbernic did patent a similar-looking device earlier this year. And if Anbernic does release this device, it will be yet another option for handheld PC gamers and it will further drive competition that could benefit us consumers. The Win701's success will hinge on the price and availability; and Anbernic is known to announce devices that are ready to ship internationally.

:arrow: SOURCE

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
AMD 7840U can run Diablo 4 easily, and and the good news is that it's Anbernic. They are not racist as they sell to everyone (unlike others), so I'm interested.

The bad news is that it's Anbenic, they have a special ability of messing up on the most stupid details, ruining otherwise amazing products.

Catastrophic

Perfectly Normal
Trophies
XP
Country
this thing was doomed to fail the moment i read Windows-based handheld :rofl:
Not everyone can be like Valve and create a competent proprietary Linux OS for their system, and it wouldn't make sense to run some branch of Linux over Windows that isn't designed for the handheld's feature set in mind. It's a necessary evil.

Microsoft needs to create a heavily skimmed down version of Windows for handhelds. Not sure why they don't do it.

Paralel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
5000 mA, 38 Wh Li-po battery.

The Asus ROG Ally has a 5200mA, 40 Wh Li-Ion

The Win701 has a rather comparable battery, and being Li-po, significantly safer than the Li-Ion used in the Asus ROG Ally.

If they were smart they went with a 60 Hz PSR (Panel Self Refresh) screen and WiFi 6 to increase battery life. If they did it could give the Asus ROG Ally a run for its money.

The Win701 will charge more slowly since it is a 2S1P battery, while the Asus ROG Ally has a 4S1P battery.

Last edited by Paralel,

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The price might be the best of them all for the hardware cause they made probably the cheapest handhelds on the market by a huge margin even cheaper than Steamdeck thought off course SteamDeck has so much better hardware that it's always a better deal.

But it's still amazing that they made a super cheap windows handheld which a few years ago you would still pay like 1000eur and all you got was a even crappier Intel atom garbage with almost no gaming capabilities at all...
Not everyone can be like Valve and create a competent proprietary Linux OS for their system, and it wouldn't make sense to run some branch of Linux over Windows that isn't designed for the handheld's feature set in mind. It's a necessary evil.

Microsoft needs to create a heavily skimmed down version of Windows for handhelds. Not sure why they don't do it.
I agree, but also since it's a PC in a handheld form factor everyone can install SteamOS or whatever crap they want though the experience are likely to go much worse than windows for sure.

I also agree with the part that M$ should start giving a much cheaper stripped version of Windows just for gaming PC's\handhelds for ppl who mostly only care for gaming in their device.

It would have been so cool to have most telemetry removed and most crapware and Windows idling at like 1GB of memory officially from M$ them self...
5000 mA, 38 Wh Li-po battery.

The Asus ROG Ally has a 5200mA, 40 Wh Li-Ion

The Win701 has a rather comparable battery, and being Li-po, significantly safer than the Li-Ion used in the Asus ROG Ally.

If they were smart they went with a 60 Hz PSR (Panel Self Refresh) screen and WiFi 6 to increase battery life. If they did it could give the Asus ROG Ally a run for its money.

The Win701 will charge more slowly since it is a 2S1P battery, while the Asus ROG Ally has a 4S1P battery.
Actually Li-Po is by far the most explosive battery by a huge margin most high rating lipos I had started to balloon pretty fast and many started smoking...

But anyway brands sometimes say Li-Po as a generic term but the chemistry might be a bit different than the common lipos.

Last edited by guily6669,

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nothing in Valve's Steam OS is proprietary though. Every part of the OS is either open source, or public. The only real addition is a menu or two that they made specifically for it. It just comes down to the makers of these platforms not wanting to make their own build. Though that is likely a temporary thing, as Valve will be releasing the Steam OS iso soon.

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure they're going to want more than $800 for that when I can build a competent gaming PC that can perform leaps bounds over that handheld for much less. Fvck that, hard pass.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated