Lenovo officially announces the Legion Go handheld gaming PC

Screenshot_2023-09-02-21-19-41-769_app.revanced.android.youtube.png

After a wave of leaks, Lenovo has officially unveiled its upcoming handheld gaming PC to take on the likes of the Steam Deck and ROG ALLY: the Legion Go. As the leaks mentioned, the company officially lifted the veil on September 1 with a video:

Lenovo also shared a dedicated webpage for the product which provides more details about the product as well as a sign up to get notified to know when the Lenovo Go becomes available. The page notes that the handheld is "coming soon" but does not provide any pricing details; but if the leaks hold true, it will go on sale for €799/$799 in October.

:arrow: SOURCE

Mindless_Toxin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what the fuck is this, its so big jesus christ!

Anyway, fuck off comercials, i just got my steam deck and i love it. ok?!
Post automatically merged:

We seriously need a breakthrough in battery technology...
Idk why the batteries are the same for years but every other technology is advancing.
Is it so they can sell them more...
I been wondering if they could just put 2 batteries in a handheld to double the battery life?? The batteries are fairly small it shouldn't take up that much more room. It must not work like that or something...

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I have nothing against gaming computer handhelds so much, considering how many of these keep coming, I do kind of fear things like this replacing the traditional game consoles we know and love, at least in the sense of similarity with older systems in concept.

A lot of people tell me that consoles are just computers that compute, only difference is their design and handling. I'll be honest, I feel like that straight up devalues the concept of game consoles, but not in the sense of computers being bad or anything of that nature. I love technology, computers and game consoles are obviously a part of that, I dabble frequently with technology on my own time, though I will say I have a massive soft spot for game consoles compared to computers. There's always been a divide between the two concepts for years in my mind, game consoles usually never boasted power like a computer, but provided an interesting take on the way technology is handled internally, or even the software that the technology runs, a lot of folks nowadays complain about the gimmicks and such for example, to me I see nothing inherently wrong with a lot of them, I mean come on, is a computer using stereoscopic 3D under any general circumstance? What about the remote motion controls that the Wii remote boasts, allowing you to interact with games in a neat way? Sure, the general computer as a platform has similar solutions, but the execution is usually kind of bland and easily forgotten about, some cases to the point most people probably don't even know certain solutions ever really existed. Sure, none of these concepts are flawless, but it definitely gave an interesting experience if handled correctly. Game consoles also show a lot of potential with technology considering usually most systems are never as powerful as the general computer, usually generations behind the latest, yet regardless of age, regardless of the power, you still get a lot of great titles from what most would deem "obsolete" hardware. Computers while enjoyable, never really gave me those feelings to be quite honest. Computers were always about power, at least that's the idea I've built up over time, even back when I got my first computer, sitting in front of a huge CRT display, and my giant white tower housing a Pentium 4 processor, everything was huge to me, I assumed it was a powerful machine, and for my use cases it definitely was at the time. Looking at what I use these days, I haven't changed much from that, and knowing I'm generations behind the latest, though have researched into the world ahead of what I currently use, it holds way more true that computers are all about power, so much we have illogically thrown efficiency and using less power usage out the window like yesterday's trash lol. Computers have relatively remained the same for years, capabilities aren't much of an issue especially these days as you can do pretty much everything you would ever want to do. It's getting to the point where nothing really seems to be much of an achievement anymore, example, Doom running on a modern machine isn't even impressive versus running it on a machine you wouldn't expect to run such a title. There's not much mystery behind the capabilities anymore either, we sort of removed an aspect of that and now we just put more focus on power, how much we can have and can use at once, mostly just to get things done faster nowadays. Game consoles unfortunately are kind of losing their charm to the likes of power too nowadays, and it doesn't help so much when you got people expecting a super computer in your hands now, sort of removing an aspect that made consoles stick out in the first place. With quality being at an all time low with games these days, general software in some ways, I feel like something is going to be lost, and I'm not sure there will be a real positive change if things play out the way I fear.

Last edited by DeadSkullzJr,

CharlesDeGaulle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
While I have nothing against gaming computer handhelds so much, considering how many of these keep coming, I do kind of fear things like this replacing the traditional game consoles we know and love, at least in the sense of similarity with older systems in concept.

A lot of people tell me that consoles are just computers that compute, only difference is their design and handling. I'll be honest, I feel like that straight up devalues the concept of game consoles, but not in the sense of computers being bad or anything of that nature. I love technology, computers and game consoles are obviously a part of that, I dabble frequently with technology on my own time, though I will say I have a massive soft spot for game consoles compared to computers. There's always been a divide between the two concepts for years in my mind, game consoles usually never boasted power like a computer, but provided an interesting take on the way technology is handled internally, or even the software that the technology runs, a lot of folks nowadays complain about the gimmicks and such for example, to me I see nothing inherently wrong with a lot of them, I mean come on, is a computer using stereoscopic 3D under any general circumstance? What about the remote motion controls that the Wii remote boasts, allowing you to interact with games in a neat way? Sure, the general computer as a platform has similar solutions, but the execution is usually kind of bland and easily forgotten about, some cases to the point most people probably don't even know certain solutions ever really existed. Sure, none of these concepts are flawless, but it definitely gave an interesting experience if handled correctly. Game consoles also show a lot of potential with technology considering usually most systems are never as powerful as the general computer, usually generations behind the latest, yet regardless of age, regardless of the power, you still get a lot of great titles from what most would deem "obsolete" hardware. Computers while enjoyable, never really gave me those feelings to be quite honest. Computers were always about power, at least that's the idea I've built up over time, even back when I got my first computer, sitting in front of a huge CRT display, and my giant white tower housing a Pentium 4 processor, everything was huge to me, I assumed it was a powerful machine, and for my use cases it definitely was at the time. Looking at what I use these days, I haven't changed much from that, and knowing I'm generations behind the latest, though have researched into the world ahead of what I currently use, it holds way more true that computers are all about power, so much we have illogically thrown efficiency and using less power usage out the window like yesterday's trash lol. Computers have relatively remained the same for years, capabilities aren't much of an issue especially these days as you can do pretty much everything you would ever want to do. It's getting to the point where nothing really seems to be much of an achievement anymore, example, Doom running on a modern machine isn't even impressive versus running it on a machine you wouldn't expect to run such a title. There's not much mystery behind the capabilities anymore either, we sort of removed an aspect of that and now we just put more focus on power, how much we can have and can use at once, mostly just to get things done faster nowadays. Game consoles unfortunately are kind of losing their charm to the likes of power too nowadays, and it doesn't help so much when you got people expecting a super computer in your hands now, sort of removing an aspect that made consoles stick out in the first place. With quality being at an all time low with games these days, general software in some ways, I feel like something is going to be lost, and I'm not sure there will be a real positive change if things play out the way I fear.

Geez, mind your layout...
Your points are interesting and deserve a better presentation.

Thanks, I never thought of the consequences of x86 handheld market, especially because I never expected it to be successful outside the niche I am from.

400 to 800 bucks are not aimed at teenagers, but adults who need to complete or replace home consoles/PC.
When you are a dad, playing in front of a screen is a chore, unless you go multiplayer with your children, but then you go oldschool (mario kart, halo, goldeneye etc...).

Console market is too big to have a brain or creativity nowadays, AAA can only follow trends or revive old concepts (put simply, Nintendo Switch=Sega Nomad). MS and SONY are hard to differentiate with little to no exclusives and nintendo is just rehashing the same nostalgia stuff while new IPs fall into shadows (splatoon) or fail miserably (sushi striker, spring boxing stuff...).

Not even talking about the cancer that are ESG scores.

Can we blame powerful handhelds any responsibility in this, now or tomorrow ? No.
It allows to enjoy legacy gaming anywhere, so that's what pocket editions are to litterature. No console or PC can offer both C&C, Comanche, Dungeon Keeper, Zelda or Halo directly in your pocket.

In the future, Nintendo will continue their gimmicks (next is VR for sure).
SONY and MS will continue their profitable but uninnovative habits shaped since 360 and PS3 eras (game as a service...).
And the handheld market will soon shrink to its natural size.

This industry is overall dead, just consider that its margin comes in majority from cellphones...

Passionate players can still enjoy legacy gaming while waiting for better days, stumbling on modern gems from time to time, but definitely longing for a new market crash.

Reactions: Metoroid0

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

tpax

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Another Windows handheld. Man, those are so utterly useless because of Windows' lack of support for quick suspend/resume. It's so unfortunate, that Steam Deck is the only viable option if you want a true portable (PC) handheld experience.
GPD Win Mini would be a dream as a portable handheld gaming device, if not for Windows. I hope because of the emerge of so many handheld gaming devices M$ will reconsider implementing quick suspend/resume into Windows (like on the recent Xbox consoles).

CharlesDeGaulle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Another Windows handheld. Man, those are so utterly useless because of Windows' lack of support for quick suspend/resume. It's so unfortunate, that Steam Deck is the only viable option if you want a true portable (PC) handheld experience.
GPD Win Mini would be a dream as a portable handheld gaming device, if not for Windows. I hope because of the emerge of so many handheld gaming devices M$ will reconsider implementing quick suspend/resume into Windows (like on the recent Xbox consoles).

As far as I know, the quick suspend/resume was working on both GPD Win 2 and GPD Win Max.
You could either press the power button or close the clamshell to do so.

Only a few games were disliking it, such as lords of shadow 2, but emulators, C&C 3, doom 2016, shadow of war or MGS5 were not an issue.

tpax

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
As far as I know, the quick suspend/resume was working on both GPD Win 2 and GPD Win Max.
You could either press the power button or close the clamshell to do so.

Only a few games were disliking it, such as lords of shadow 2, but emulators, C&C 3, doom 2016, shadow of war or MGS5 were not an issue.
It was working for some games to some degree. The Yakuza games would resume from standby, but the sound was broken afterwards. Doom, as you mentioned, was freezing after resume, Tomb Raider games sometimes resumed, sometimes had a black screen. So it is really inconsistent, nothing like on the Steam Deck. This feature needs to be implemented on the OS level by Microsoft. In an interview with someone from Microsoft last year, it was mentioned that Microsoft is considering implementing something like this like it is done on the Windows version for Xbox consoles, but it is quite challenging, because it would need to support a big range of different devices.

Rommstain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
More PC handhelds, more AMD APU devices, more reasons to optimize games for those devices.
And, hopefully, more hardware iterations, more and better upgrade parts.
Yes. YES

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switch 2 pro max

FF7 remake was able to run on this thing since December 16, 2021?

and a lot more to run on this years before Switch 2, therefore you should buy this pro max version.

Long live Nintendo

PS: pre order you Nintendo sticker to paste it on the back of it and your portable game setup will be complete

Last edited by TomSwitch,

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's rumored M$ will release Windows 12 in 2024 because people just don't like 11 very much.

I've been a Windows user since childhood, but if they screw up 12... I'm going with Linux.

its a repeated pattern (you can predict it before it happens, just like nintendo).

We had XP which was absolutely epic of an OS, had so much that it could do thanks to allowing pretty much anyone to release drivers and software that worked better than MS' own shit drivers that they still force even today.

Then came Vista, what an epic sack of shit that was.

Then came 7 which sorta brought us back like XP with terms of community support apps/drivers.

Then came 8/8.1 which was a total pile of shit, trying to make Windows into an AIO OS to rival Apple and its iOS across mobile and desktop devices.

Then 10 which sort of improved the OS, but it is still forcing its mobile like OS as a front end and making it twice as much work to actually navigate to where you want to be (equal to how it used to be on XP/7) this OS is also forced into the OS that they use on its Sh1tB0x.

Then 11 which is another power hungry OS when it neednt be, this adding features for its next gen Sh1tB0x.

Its like they go from good to bad, back to good then bad again.

All an OS needs to be is a simple clean OS without all this spyware shit they have these days so they can spam your device with utter BS marketing shit ohh and lets not start with its windows defender that keeps deleting installed apps that you tell it to ignore, that it is a trusted app, fuck me this is a daily task that i either have to keep doing it or re installing it.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It looks like this thing supports USB4 and thunderbolt3. I'm wondering if that means it can support eGPU docks?

So you could have a dock as a desktop that you plug the Legion Go into for super high end gaming, then you undock the legion Go for midrange portable gaming or to hook it to a tv.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol