Images of the alleged Lenovo Go handheld gaming PC leaked, features Switch-like removeable controllers

Screenshot 2023-08-17 170612.jpg

Earlier this month, news emerged that Lenovo was working on its own handheld gaming PC to compete with the likes of the Steam Deck, ROG ALLY and AYANEO. Now, a new report from Windows Report has provided what it alleges to be images of that device.

lego 1.jpg

lego 2.jpg lego 3.jpg
Images from Windows Report's article

The report also shares some specs details of the device, which is calling the Lenovo Legion Go; some of which can also be inferred from the images. As this article's featured image shows, the device will apparently feature detachable, Switch-like controllers, a button layout similar to Rog Ally, an 8 inches screen, a wide kickstand, a Steam Deck-like trackpad, will use Windows 11 as its OS and will likely sport AMD's Phoenix processors.

As these are unofficial images, take this news with some measure of salt but what do you think of the looks and specs of this alleged handheld gaming PC?

:arrow: SOURCE

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everybody do what Ninten-do first!
But as fanboys fail everytime, Nintendo did not come up with this concept first.

There's already been gaming devices with similar detachable controllers.

Just nintendo caught onto the idea, how can we try again, take a slice of the tablet market like, but make it seem impressive....

Well well well, lets do what others have done, made a tablet gaming device with detachable controllers, even other third party peripherals used similar idea.

But here comes nintendo with its means to fool the world that this new gimmick is now the only fun way to play games.

While it yet again, is dull, boring and repetitive, especially playing an even more mahooosive back log of titles they lacked first time, titles ported from consoles of past generations....

Erm, not again, cheap inferior shit, overhyped with some BS gimmick and same recycled shit and games we already own.

First party games that run like shit and if your to actually get the better experience of playing these games, its thanks to the homebrew community that nintendo love to send their legal lap dog lawyers to shut them down.

They cant have the world see that nintendo don't give a shit anymore, no innovation at all, just care about making cheap shit look amazing and recycle the same usual shit over and over.

Fact is, you dont even need to buy nintendos cheap inferior hardware shit consoles anymore, they're that inferior even our mobile devices are able to emulate games better than they can on their own official hardware.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But as fanboys fail everytime, Nintendo did not come up with this concept first.

There's already been gaming devices with similar detachable controllers.

Just nintendo caught onto the idea, how can we try again, take a slice of the tablet market like, but make it seem impressive....

Well well well, lets do what others have done, made a tablet gaming device with detachable controllers, even other third party peripherals used similar idea.

But here comes nintendo with its means to fool the world that this new gimmick is now the only fun way to play games.

While it yet again, is dull, boring and repetitive, especially playing an even more mahooosive back log of titles they lacked first time, titles ported from consoles of past generations....

Erm, not again, cheap inferior shit, overhyped with some BS gimmick and same recycled shit and games we already own.

First party games that run like shit and if your to actually get the better experience of playing these games, its thanks to the homebrew community that nintendo love to send their legal lap dog lawyers to shut them down.

They cant have the world see that nintendo don't give a shit anymore, no innovation at all, just care about making cheap shit look amazing and recycle the same usual shit over and over.

Fact is, you dont even need to buy nintendos cheap inferior hardware shit consoles anymore, they're that inferior even our mobile devices are able to emulate games better than they can on their own official hardware.
Wow.... You wrote all that over a joke?

Did Nintendo hurt you in the past? Let it all out, we're here to help and heal.

pinbi7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I kinda wish these company would come up with their own OS, atleast for Steam Deck you can give people enough reason to buy one due to it unique OS. All these other handhelds like Aya Neo, Onexplayer, ROG Ally all have windows.
steam OS is just linux running WINE, they sure as hell didin't come up with it
running windows is just cutting the middle man

Last edited by pinbi7,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The point is there are so many windows os handheld manufacturers out there already like AyaNeo, Asus Rog Ally, Onexplayer, Aokzoe, Anbernic, GPD Win. It is stupid that Lenovo join the windows handheld market.

CharlesDeGaulle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The point is there are so many windows os handheld manufacturers out there already like AyaNeo, Asus Rog Ally, Onexplayer, Aokzoe, Anbernic, GPD Win. It is stupid that Lenovo join the windows handheld market.

Not that stupid, the market is just expanding fast.
It will shrink to its natural size soon enough with chinese 'budget' devices, valve SD 2.5 and 3 000€ apple contraptions, well, you already named all competitors.

But as fanboys fail everytime, Nintendo did not come up with this concept first...

Oh my, all my senses are tingling !
That's what I call a passionate answer from a dedicated player, the very reason I come daily to this website.

Thanks

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Without joking: I'm not interested until they can get steamos/holoiso running on that thing.
And even then... I pick decent controllers over detachable ones any time.

That's like saying your car runs on wheels rather than an engine: giving the praise to someone else.
Sorry, but wine is to proton what dos was to windows. And I say that as someone who used wine for years.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Say you know nothing about Linux/Proton/WINE without saying you know nothing about it.

• Haha
Reactions: dudeguy2022 and Xzi

djnate27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Andalitez,

Your feedback is interesting, may I ask you what game gave you a hard time on Steam OS ?
Apparently we have quite a similar experience, from jxd handheld (android), then GPD (windows) and SD (linux).

All three OS had there respective limitations, but so far Linux seems to be the more compatible overall.
I even wrote a crappy tuto on this site, aimed to play starcraft on switch through win95...

Ah, youth.
Post automatically merged:

Just to be the picky one, yes SEGA did it first BUT they did it right :)

Just imagine the potential in 1995, I would have killed for it...
If only I ever knew it existed, from my backwater village lost in french cevennes.

This thing was a beast, both in that it could play Genesis games on the go and because it voraciously consumed new AA batteries in about 2 hours.

Reactions: CharlesDeGaulle

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now, we are just waiting for MS to make the move to handheld Xbox. MS is my favorite HW company.
MS dont need to when everyone else is doing it for them, end of the day Sh1tBox is essentially a washed down Windows OS rather than it create its own OS solely for console games, would fix hell of a lot of problems if they did this.

This is like the opposite if Nintendo, MS don't need to make portable consoles when others are opting to choose Windows for its OS.... So we can still enjoy MS games on these devices.

Nintendo don't need to release consoles to play its same recycled shit when they could go third party, this way your getting the option to play Mario, but also the new AAA third party titles that Nintendo ALWAYS fail at.

it makes perfect sense, MS don't need take a risk of a flop console, when we have these devices (free for us to do as we please too)

We shouldn't have to keep rebuying over priced inferior hardware to rebuy games we already have, just to play Mario and all that recycle ware.

Sony, fuck knows what that pile of shit is they just launched - its not a console its what I can already do on my phone for fuck all... ohh and sony also forget to support its own portable system which is a shame, the Vita had good potential... the PSP was an epic little device, I wish I never lost my white PSP, was modded and I had sat an made absolutely shit loads of cheat codes for almost every game and I didnt really post them on other sites.

So maybe somewhere someone has a nice little PSP with loads of cheat codes on it, especially GTA LCS :(

I would love a modded PSP again, shame the emulator doesn't support code finding.

ZER-O

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
MS dont need to when everyone else is doing it for them, end of the day Sh1tBox is essentially a washed down Windows OS rather than it create its own OS solely for console games, would fix hell of a lot of problems if they did this.

This is like the opposite if Nintendo, MS don't need to make portable consoles when others are opting to choose Windows for its OS.... So we can still enjoy MS games on these devices.

Nintendo don't need to release consoles to play its same recycled shit when they could go third party, this way your getting the option to play Mario, but also the new AAA third party titles that Nintendo ALWAYS fail at.

it makes perfect sense, MS don't need take a risk of a flop console, when we have these devices (free for us to do as we please too)

We shouldn't have to keep rebuying over priced inferior hardware to rebuy games we already have, just to play Mario and all that recycle ware.

Sony, fuck knows what that pile of shit is they just launched - its not a console its what I can already do on my phone for fuck all... ohh and sony also forget to support its own portable system which is a shame, the Vita had good potential... the PSP was an epic little device, I wish I never lost my white PSP, was modded and I had sat an made absolutely shit loads of cheat codes for almost every game and I didnt really post them on other sites.

So maybe somewhere someone has a nice little PSP with loads of cheat codes on it, especially GTA LCS :(

I would love a modded PSP again, shame the emulator doesn't support code finding.
aya a.png

https://ayaneo.com/product/AYANEO-Pocket-S.html

Microsoft enetered the console market to destroy Playstation brand and double their profits from both sides: PC & Console Market, they did not care for loss, its just harassment to Sony, you can read about it in their documentry for why they created xbox

if you have a Snapdragon 865, 888, Gen 8 Plus 1+ Smartphone, you can emulate all the consoles up to PS2/Wii/Switch
i have been enjoying apps like AetherSX2, DuckStation, Dolphin and Retroarch and DIG frontend on my Galaxy Note smartphone, Aya is releasing a nice sibgle glass cut andrioid gaming device.
my Android phone already runs Switch games via YUZU android app (at least the games i like) with full speed and its a 2020 model

my point is, i have my Virtual console in my pocket, i dont need to rebuy shit i already bought several times
just get a Samsung Galaxy device that supports DEX mode, a myflash Dolphin Bar, PS5/XBOX bluetooth controllers or 8Bitdo SF Pro controllers and enjoy your retro games in your Pocket or plug your Galaxy phone to the TV with DEX mode

DEX TV out mode is the future of Emualtors on Android!

Last edited by ZER-O,
Reactions: TomSwitch

StrayGuitarist

A genuine feline disaster.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love my Lenovo Legion laptop, I'd be willing to give this a shot. Maybe this is what gets me to finally buy one of these pocket PCs instead of just sadly thinking about owning one? Most of the games I wanna play are DRM-free, so running a full version of Windows is a big plus...

CharlesDeGaulle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This thing was a beast, both in that it could play Genesis games on the go and because it voraciously consumed new AA batteries in about 2 hours.

Nicely said :)
Did you had one ?

Well, 2 hours is pretty standard for handhelds playing AAA today, while you can triple this time with 10 yo games.
And SEGA sold first party battery packs, so charging up may not be as troublesome as it appears.

Another important thing is, while it hit the market at the end of the 16 bit era, its backlog was both MONSTRUOUS and AFFORDABLE. And while the NS is the very.same.concept for the wiiU, it had only three games on launch, no retrocompatibility, and you had to rebuy all your backlog on the long run.

Even VITA had a lot of retrocompatibility on its store, so it wasn't that bare bone on launch.
Nintendo sure knows how to manage profits while keeping a white swan PR. :whip:

Reactions: dudeguy2022

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He's old they're already roasted +1