Gaming Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Gameplay Discussion (will contain spoilers)

Shuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The warm tunic from the old man is missable?

He already told me he is the King of Hyrule

Shuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You bet! In a chest, huh? Hmm, it must just give your the Warm Doublet after he reveals the thing he reveals and takes his leave.
I didn't do the recipe thing. I found the Warm doublet in a chest probably because he already revealed me the thing and he left, and therefore i couldn't give him the recipe.
This means that the double is not missable.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found the master sword! And it requires 13 hearts to obtain it...Unfortunately this means I need to complete 21 more shrines to be able to use this almighty blade.

I been selling my jewels when needed for rubys. Oh well. When A blood moon happens those bomb-enabled black rocks are reset as well.

Last edited by chartube12,

LichbannMejolaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I found the master sword! And it requires 13 hearts to obtain it...Unfortunately this means I need to complete 23 more shrines to be able to use this almighty blade.

I been selling my jewels when needed for rubys. Oh well. When A blood moon happens those bomb-enabled black rocks are reset as well.

Don't forget that you can respec.

When I found the Master Sword I had 10 hearts but was on my 3rd wheel of stamina. Did a respec and got the blade asap.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't forget that you can respec.

When I found the Master Sword I had 10 hearts but was on my 3rd wheel of stamina. Did a respec and got the blade asap.

Really? I currently have 7 hearts n 3 stamina boost. As well as 3 spirit orbs. How do you respec Link? 9 more shrines is easier then 21

Last edited by chartube12,

LichbannMejolaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Really? I currently have 7 hearts n 3 stamina boost. As well as 3 spirit orbs. How do you respec Link? 9 more shrines is easier then 23

In Hateno Village, go downhill heading the entrance and search around that area. You will find a horned statue that will make the trade for 20 rupees each.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In Hateno Village, go downhill heading the entrance and search around that area. You will find a horned statue that will make the trade for 20 rupees each.

Thanks. I just learned from a few you tube videos the stamina wheel is completed after being powered up 5 times and you can have a max of 3 wheels. So 40 spirit orbs to max it out. The health meter can be maxed to 30. 20 from shrines for 80 orbs. 3 you start with. plus 4 from the main dungeons. That's 27. Someone showed you can max out both. So What does this mean? It means there are 3 additional containers hidden somewhere.

LichbannMejolaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks. I just learned from a few you tube videos the stamina wheel is completed after being powered up 5 times and you can have a max of 3 wheels. So 40 spirit orbs to max it out. The health meter can be maxed to 30. 20 from shrines for 80 orbs. 3 you start with. plus 4 from the main dungeons. That's 27. Someone showed you can max out both. So What does this mean? It means there are 3 additional containers hidden somewhere.

That's a good question...I have no idea.

Maybe there's something hidden that no one found yet.

famouslutt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Just working my way around the far north, getting towers. There's one tower in the middle of a puddle w/ 3 of those annoying, dancing lil KKK wizards (!) I just sniped one from afar, and snuck past the other two. Ugh. Hate those guys!

I stayed behind the terminal to avoid his spear striking Link and taking occasional shots with non-normal arrows

Heh. It's exactly what I did. Except I just used normal arrows. Pretty easy, doesn't seem much benefit using special arrows rly. Did a similar thing on second evo hiding behind ice blocks.

Unknown16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There's 120 shrines/spirit orbs and 4 heart containers from Divine Beasts. 4 spirit orbs for an upgrade, so that's 30 upgrades.

Just double checked then, you can only upgrade the stamina wheel 10 times. Each wheel is 5 upgrades, so to fully max stamina, that's 10 upgrades/40 spirit orbs. Health can get to 7 hearts with Divine Beasts without upgrades, but to get to 30 hearts, you need 23 upgrades/92 spirit orbs.

There aren't enough spirit orbs in the game to max out both Health and Stamina. There's 3 upgrades/12 spirit orbs missing.

Last edited by Unknown16,

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Directly north from the 2nd location (the stable) by a long way, in the lost woods (korok forest)
Thanks; I ended up in the pitch-black forest, but got everything solved yesterday.

it means there are 3 additional containers hidden somewhere.
Maybe you can kill the E. Shen-wrongs or maybe these are rewards for completing every kind of sidequest, much like the tunic being the reward for completing 120 shrines?

Reactions: chartube12

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's 120 shrines/spirit orbs and 4 heart containers from Divine Beasts. 4 spirit orbs for an upgrade, so that's 30 upgrades.

Just double checked then, you can only upgrade the stamina wheel 10 times. Each wheel is 5 upgrades, so to fully max stamina, that's 10 upgrades/40 spirit orbs. Health can get to 7 hearts with Divine Beasts without upgrades, but to get to 30 hearts, you need 23 upgrades/92 spirit orbs.

There aren't enough spirit orbs in the game to max out both Health and Stamina. There's 3 upgrades/12 spirit orbs missing.

Google it. You can see a video with both maxed. Out there somewhere are 3 additional containers. Will know for sure when my guide comes this afternoon. I am leaving for work in a few mins. Will post tomorrow what the guide says

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just found out 'Snowling' (Pondo's Lodge by Hebra Tower) has the fastest return on rupees. It also has a moderate chance of failure, but at 20 rupees to 20-50-100-300 rupees gained, definitely worth it; it's free (20 rupees returned if you knock down seven to eight pins) to 280 rupees (strike) net profit. You'll get a 'free' Ice Rod if you win on your very first game.

I recommend taking some time to engrave the tactic in your mind--after your first full attempt, it's pretty much: lightly tap diagonal Up+Left, press A to 'pick up', lightly tap diagonal Down+Left, press R, repeat.

Last edited by H1B1Esquire,

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did anyone find a shrine in the very northwest corner of the map in the Hebra region? I've been trying to find where its hiding for a long time and I cant uncover it.

I'm also trying to uncover a shrine in the Warbler's Nest (thats west of the Rito village)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ninty can still make money filing false DMCAs.
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid prime 4 to the next console because by now it has been quite a while and there's no release date scheduled yet
    lol there's a guy selling mig switch in usa on ebay for $200/ea he's definitely going to get nailed with dmca by tomorrow
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Wasn't Metroid Prime 4 teased all the way back in 2017? For the switch no less?
    :rofl2:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Pretty sure anyone buying the switch just for that got duped
    for $200? rofl.
    well as far as metroid prime 4 is concerned, the next system probably is similar enough to the current gen they can probably easily just slap it onto a next gen cart and call it good :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The switch was about 350 in 2017
  • Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0:
    mabe where you live
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima took the stage at the outset to reveal that Switch will launch globally on March 3, 2017 for $299.99—earlier than some had expected at the price many suspected. https://time.com/4632820/nintendo-switch-nx/
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    The NES launched at like 250 and the rob and light gun kit was like 350 or something
    I was near the test market for the NES and man did it make my 2600 look like ass lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    There has to be some mutual agreement with them all anything over $600 is just pc territory
    next system rumored to launch at $400
    but I don't really believe any rumors yet
    need to have official info from N
    The 3DO and Neo Geo where like 700 bucks hmm the PS3 was stupid expensive at launch lol
    But at least the PS3 was only 500 for the cheapest one at launch
    My opinion is that 199.99 is the sweet spot but that spot is long gone lol
    Just played some Micheal Jackson Moonwalker.... Those poor parents trying desperately to protect their children
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    400 is a decent sweet spot if we get enough out of it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's not like how it was when we were locked down to a few options and that's it
    For me just buying a Pi and some accessories fills that not a PC void new consoles have just put them close to PC prices and all the patching and updates makes me feel like I might as well just get a PC
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: For me just buying a Pi and some accessories fills that not a PC void new consoles have just put...