Gaming Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Gameplay Discussion (will contain spoilers)

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand what you're saying and I partially agree with it. I also see the shrines as a mini-dungeon, but at least they could have done something different with some of them, like making one bigger with 10 or so puzzles giving you 3 orbs in reward.

Or at least they could have made one traditional dungeon in the Hyrule Castle.

And for the grindy part, I don't know about you, but after a while, I felt that everything in the game became grindy. I got to a point that I couldn't stand any more shrines or korok or anything, so I went directly to Hyrule Castle to finish the whole thing.
I haven't hit grind overload yet. But then again I'm an avid Skyrim player (on PC). That whole game is a grind-fest, so I guess I'm used to it (and since I use mods, used to huge framerate drops, too, lol).

LichbannMejolaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I haven't hit grind overload yet. But then again I'm an avid Skyrim player (on PC). That whole game is a grind-fest, so I guess I'm used to it (and since I use mods, used to huge framerate drops, too, lol).

Lol, i see. The frame drops didn't bother me at all. I didn't even install the day one patch, I felt useless since I wasn't having gameplay problems due to the drops.

Then again, I understand why you didn't hit the grind overload yet. I couldn't stand 20 hours of Skyrim without feeling it (in fact, I'm not that big of a fan of Open World games, so the fact that I finished Zelda with something around 50 hours is a big thing for me). The best thing of it all is that the final quest is open from the start, so you can finish the game at your own pace.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I stayed behind the terminal to avoid his spear striking Link and taking occasional shots with non-normal arrows. Once the water raised, i stayed on the platforms closes to the terminal. Uses long reaching weapons to smash the ice blocks and then used the arrows again on water ganon until he died. The ice and bomb arrows did the most damage to him. Shock and normal arrows did the least amount of damage. I didn't have guardian arrows to try.

Roxe__

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So anybody got the answers to the riddles of hyrule (the ultimate korok trial)

I did the first three (the items were: Apple, Fortified Pumpkin and Sunshroom).

Can't figure out the 4th, it says: Its scale and tail will zap you no doubt! This shocking swimmer is called ... a fish.

Also, how do you solve the Keo Ruug Shrine in the korok forest?

i'm at that riddle too, i can't seem to find the proper fish or know where it is. ALTHOUGH for the Keo Ruuh shrine, if you go back you'll see that you'll just need to count the star constellations and input the sum!

Edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Breath_of_the_Wild/comments/5xkny5/riddles_of_hyrule_part_2_minor_spoilers/

Last edited by Roxe__,

Drunknfool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once you get Revali's Gale remember to use it in the Shrines quite a few can be skipped without doing anything but floating over a gate and such

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just dont want to upgrade my hearts too much and then I cant pick them up from the bosses.

In Hateno village, there's a statue that converts hearts to stamina or stamina to hearts. A child leads you to it and it's (the statue) a quest.

How many bosses did you guys find (aside from the Divine Beast and the ones inside them)?

There are lots of bosses hidden in random places: multiple elemental Lyn, multiple Hinox, multiple Talus, something in the Gerudo desert on the way to a GFF, and maybe knock-off elemental Shen-ron bros, but I haven't tried to catch their attention.
------------
Good tip for people:
Don't sell your regular items. Great Fairy sisters can upgrade your gear with these items.
Don't sell your monster parts (Kilton will buy these and this will eventually be used to get Dark Link clothing.)
Don't sell gems. In Gerudo, you'll need these to for jewelry. You'll also need them to upgrade items.
Don't sell ancient parts. You need these to upgrade you scanner and get other ancient items.

You can sell food/potions from items you have in abundance, extra/unwanted clothing, or bummy equine rejects to someone (might be in Gerudo, can't 100% say where; if you know, share.)
------------------
There's a village (Laurelin*?) very far SE that has a chest gambling game; you can abuse this for 300 rupees (100 per play, 200 net profit (until you cash it ousside, howbowdaht)), but it's very much luck based and can add up considering dialogue and multiple failed attempts/loading previous save.

The most concrete way of making money is the Ridgeland Tower Bird-man research study, given by Branli; can be abused for 100 rupees per 600m glide, possibly more by gliding farther.
-------------------
You can buy every arrow, barring Ancient Arrow, from the vendors in Gerudo Town for the Zora. You'll need 600 rupees for the heat-resistant clothing and 280 rupees for 20 arrows.
-----------------
You need 11,600/12,600 rupees for the GFF, possibly including Great Horse Fairy (revives mounts (maybe you can revive a Stahlhorse?).)
3,000 to by a house + 30 bundles of wood. Various upgrades from a door, to a sign (wall mounted weapons are decoration.)
--------------
The fastest horse with the lowest random stats is the royal white horse, but is the most untamed equine (you'll need 3+ stamina recovery elixirs to tame.)
-----------------
Now the real question: has anyone found the third location for Hestu?

Last edited by H1B1Esquire,

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those combat shrines ain't no joke. You need to make full use of perfect parry/dodging to get past the mini-boss

depparted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Once you get Revali's Gale remember to use it in the Shrines quite a few can be skipped without doing anything but floating over a gate and such
You can't use special abilities in shrines.

My Mipha’s Grace (elephant) show in the screen only x1. I saw some pics showing x3. How can I improve it?
You can't. You probably saw one of the other three, all of which have 3 charges

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Heat-Resistant bonus for wearing all the gerudo gear is a scam. Its still possible to get heat exhaustion in the desert.

I was hoping to never need food for elemental effects.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)