Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Gameplay Discussion (will contain spoilers)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by RemixDeluxe, Feb 28, 2017.

1. RemixDeluxe
    OP

RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    I figured there should be a topic to discuss the game, its puzzles and everything. No need for leak topics now that its out. Lets try to help each other out to get through parts of the game ok?

I'm stuck at Daka Tuss Shrine, its a shrine where you first enter and there are 3 balls in a pool of water and the socket to place them in is in a fenced out area in the corner. I do see a hallway under the water but I have no way of diving or walking on the floor of the pool.

Also has anyone found any place for recipes or is it too early to ask for that?

2. crunchattak

crunchattak Member

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2003
    France
    Hello, can you help me, At the start, I must to complete 3 shrines but for the lasts (2), I can't go because it's cold. How can I have the blue or winter tunic?

Excuse for my english... Thanks in advance,
    Crunch

3. StonedPurple

StonedPurple GBAtemp Regular

Sep 21, 2015
    United States
    Texas
    You can cook spicy peppers with other things to make food that will give you cold resistance. Honestly what I did was ran as far as I could, died, it would spawn me right back where I died and I would run further. Rinse and repeat and you're there.

ov3rkill and Felek666 like this.
  4. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    I havent gotten any new clothing since I left the Shrine of Resurrection. Where do I find that blue tunic thats seen on the cover of the game?

5. StonedPurple

Sep 21, 2015
    United States
    Texas
    I believe that shrine has a metal bowl at the bottom of the water. Use your magnet ability to pick it up and lift one of the balls into the fenced off area then move it fast to make the ball fall out. The second part is the same as the first except it's fenced in the top and to open it there is a weight switch at the bottom of the pool. Put a ball on top of the cage and then put the bowl on the weight switch. The top will open and the ball will fall in the socket.

6. Felek666

Felek666 Archdemon | #AMDForever

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    I think, you get it when you meet Zelda for first time.

7. StonedPurple

Sep 21, 2015
    United States
    Texas
    You get it later from impa after you complete a few missions.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Nope, you get it from impa.

Felek666 likes this.
  8. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower

Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    i carried a lit torch...

9. Felek666

Felek666 Archdemon | #AMDForever

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    That works? Holy shit, i'm dumb. [I ran out of herbs for Spicy Meal recipe >.>]

10. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower

Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    it works but if you run or fight you lose it so .. carry it till you reach the dudes at the fire.. and you fight around the fire.. that was my method anyways

Felek666 likes this.
  11. StonedPurple

Sep 21, 2015
    United States
    Texas
    I forgot about that lol. But yeah one of those two methods cause you can't get clothes with cold resistance until after you get the glider from the old man.

12. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Will the torch stay lit indefinitely assuming you do not run or fight or will it eventually burn out?

Also does anyone know where to get some better clothing for cold climate?

13. StonedPurple

Sep 21, 2015
    United States
    Texas
    You can buy some clothing with cold resistance from one of the villages after you beat the first 4 trials. And I believe the torch stays lit indefinitely if you don't run or fight.

14. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Do you recall which village it was? Right now I'm concentrating on activating all the towers so my whole map is uncovered.

15. yin666

yin666 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2009
    Mexico
    You get cold resistant clothes from the old mind if you cook his recipe, you need a hyrule bass found in the lake near the resurrection cave, some raw meat an lo peppers

16. StonedPurple

Sep 21, 2015
    United States
    Texas
    Can't remember the name but it was the village you go through to get to the research center.

17. nasune

nasune GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 13, 2009
    Netherlands
    Anyone knows what to do with the small waterwheel terminal in the elephant divine beast? I'm looking at it, but, well, I haven't had much luck yet.

18. RemixDeluxe
    OP

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    You could spend a whole day just uncovering the maps because the game is so big. I still got 5 more map segments to uncover.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I brought him raw meat from the boar and the bird and I cooked them both seperately with a hot pepper and he still didnt think it was good enough. He said to use the meat from the forest so I have no idea why he would turn away the boar meat+pepper recipe.

19. [S]aber

[S]aber Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2007
    Netherlands
    Freeze the part where the water is coming out.

And did anyone manage to find the Ceremonial Trident that was dropped from a bridge in some sidequest? I've been looking all over, but just can't find it.

[​IMG]

nasune likes this.
  20. nasune

nasune GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 13, 2009
    Netherlands
    Thanks, I didn't realize you could use the rune there.