• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Joe Biden is now officially the 46th President of the United States of America

Should this thread be locked?

• Yes

Votes: 27 64.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Valwinz

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Biden voters are now burning an American flag as more tear gas and flash bangs continue to be fired

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Xzi,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I was aware of the shooting. The news sites made it look like the protesting had happened yesterday.
Yeah the victim's mother has said she doesn't want any sort of escalation, so I don't think it's been as bad as it could've been. There are still bound to be some who have to take out their frustrations in protest and/or some who choose to take advantage of the situation.

tthousand

Model #I
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, it's interesting you're only interested in the protests but not the systemic police violence against people of color.

Are you sure you do not mean white people? Because looking at the statistics (link: https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/), it seems white people are killed twice as much as African Americans (or Black, depending on the current political correctness).

killings.png

Where are the Biden voters?

Exactly. Like Antifa, there are not any actual Biden supporters, just the idea of Biden supporters.

Last edited by tthousand,
Reactions: Jiolo_Miles

Jiolo_Miles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Are you sure you do not mean white people? Because looking at the statistics (link: https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/), it seems white people are killed twice as much as African Americans (or Black, depending on the current political correctness).

View attachment 258126
It doesn't' fit the narrative so it doest count. What is plaguing the American black community is a toxic culture that worships misogyny, drugs and disrespect of authority. The Puerto Rican culture, which I grew up in, is very similar and the statistics and the state of the country are proof of that. I read somewhere that "people of color" who come from the Caribbean islands, eg ( Haiti, Jamaica, Bahamas etc. ) do much better here in the states.

tthousand

Model #I
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't' fit the narrative so it doest count. What is plaguing the American black community is a toxic culture that worships misogyny, drugs and disrespect of authority. The Puerto Rican culture, which I grew up in, is very similar and the statistics and the state of the country are proof of that. I read somewhere that "people of color" who come from the Caribbean islands, eg ( Haiti, Jamaica, Bahamas etc. ) do much better here in the states.

Exactly... if it does fit into the designed outcome, it is not discussed. The very reason no one is talking about the Black individual who killed a Capitol Police Officer on April 2nd. If he was white, they would have talked about it more, or if he had used a gun they would have talked about it more.

Divide and conquer is the name of the game, and it seems to be doing it's job.

Jiolo_Miles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Exactly... if it does fit into the designed outcome, it is not discussed. The very reason no one is talking about the Black individual who killed a Capitol Police Officer on April 2nd. If he was white, they would have talked about it more, or if he had used a gun they would have talked about it more.

Divide and conquer is the name of the game, and it seems to be doing it's job.
Im very careful to jump to deep into a great conspiracy but by enlarged, I think that the Democrats don't care about any of the causes they claim to champion: climate, racism, immigration, pandemics, economic disparity etc. They are just really good at milking the latest fad to gain greater political power to enrich themselves.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Without considering the validity of the cause, there is a difference between protesting and rioting.
>protests

you mean the riot
My point still stands regardless of which word you want to use.

There are a lot more White people than Black people, so looking at the raw numbers only demonstrates that fact. Here's a more relevant statistic from the same website looking at the rate (per million of that population):
https://www.statista.com/statistics/1123070/police-shootings-rate-ethnicity-us/

Exactly. Like Antifa, there are not any actual Biden supporters, just the idea of Biden supporters.
My point is Valwinz and people like him are the ones bringing Biden into this. Presidential politics have nothing to do with these protests, since they're about police violence against people of color, and you don't know the party affiliation of anyone protesting/rioting.

Reactions: KingVamp and Xzi

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There are a lot more White people than Black people, so looking at the raw numbers only demonstrates that fact. Here's a more relevant statistic from the same website looking at the rate (per million of that population):
https://www.statista.com/statistics/1123070/police-shootings-rate-ethnicity-us/

My point is Valwinz and people like him are the ones bringing Biden into this. Presidential politics have nothing to do with these protests, since they're about police violence against people of color, and you don't know the party affiliation of anyone protesting/rioting.

Unarmed whites are killed more per capita than blacks. Also, blacks are 12% of the US population, yet commit over 50% of all murders. https://www.ojjdp.gov/ojstatbb/crime/ucr.asp?table_in=2

"violence against people of color" violence by blacks against whites occurs far more often per capita than the other way around.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

View attachment 258126
Yeah that's kinda the point...police shouldn't be killing unarmed people at all. Yet they kill everybody at a pretty high rate and they still kill black people at a rate disproportionate with their population. Roughly a thousand murders are committed by police per year, and roughly ten thousand dogs are killed by them per year. We need a complete national overhaul of police forces before it comes to all-out war with them.

For my part I'd go full John Wick on their asses if they shot and killed my dog.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: Lacius

Valwinz

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico

Are people rioting yes or not

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is plaguing the American black community is a toxic culture that worships misogyny, drugs and disrespect of authority.
Thank you for broadly prejudging and victim-blaming an entire race. I don't wish to respond to this anymore than to say your prejudice is noted.

Unarmed whites are killed more per capita than blacks. Also, blacks are 12% of the US population, yet commit over 50% of all murders. https://www.ojjdp.gov/ojstatbb/crime/ucr.asp?table_in=2
It's almost as though there's a correlation between socioeconomic status and the likelihood of committing certain kinds of crime. I am assuming you aren't arguing that Black people are inherently more violent, right? There are also issues of discrimination by law enforcement (i.e. Black areas are more heavily policed), issues related to childhood exposure to violence, socioeconomic factors related to whether or not a person can post bail (and instead pleads guilty to a crime they didn't commit), and correlations between segregation and violent crime.

"violence against people of color" violence by blacks against whites occurs far more often per capita than the other way around.
I'm unaware of any systemic violence against White people, which is the point of what we're talking about.

Reactions: KingVamp and Xzi

tthousand

Model #I
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that's kinda the point...police shouldn't be killing unarmed people at all. Yet they kill everybody at a pretty high rate and they still kill black people at a rate disproportionate with their population. Roughly a thousand murders are committed by police per year, and roughly ten thousand dogs are killed by them per year. We need a complete national overhaul of police forces before it comes to all-out war with them.

For my part I'd go full John Wick on their asses if they shot and killed my dog.

If you feel you can do a better job, I am sure they are always looking for individuals willing to put there life on the line everyday.

But I do agree, there needs to be more oversight in any and everything the government has it's bloodied hands in/on. Not saying the government needs to get bigger to take care of the problem, but we the people as their source of income need to do a better job at holding them accountable for their actions. Rioting is not going to fix the problem though. Defunding the police isn't going to fix it either. Like I am saying, there needs to be a private sector organization that we all can be a part of the look at what is going on behind the scenes and making sure our money is being used as intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!