Hacking JNUSTool unofficial GUI mod

pipostyle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
request : could it be possible to include an explorer file of title, so it would be possible to select and download only an app file instead of full title ?

Reactions: I pwned U!

karloz25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so, once downloaded, is it ready to install?
or do i need to find/make a modified tik?

er...

Nevermind, I looked inside the downloaded folder and the tik is missing, so i need to add a modified one.

Great app, very easy to use.

Thanks

Last edited by karloz25,
Reactions: Olmectron

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
so, once downloaded, is it ready to install?
or do i need to find/make a modified tik?

er...

Nevermind, I looked inside the downloaded folder and the tik is missing, so i need to add a modified one.

Great app, very easy to use.

Thanks
If you use the "drag & drop" function, the TIK file will start the download and it will be copied as "title.tik" to the download folder.

victormr21

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi!
Congratulations its very similar to material design, I tried to did it but I couldn't get material design from Android Developers Portal
And a dude/bug, I added a title to the list with the EUR title ID and program says that is from JAP, from where program read the region version? From title ID, ID (XXXX01)...
You have to say me how did you do the design xD
Bye! :yayu::yay3ds:

Reactions: Olmectron

plyscho

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Some features which I also suggested to the creator of gaems loader:

- automatic adding of the correct ticket
- automatic naming of folders (for example: TITLE [GAMEID], infos could be taken from gametdb.com)
- integrity check of the downloaded files (could be decrypted to RAM with the ticket)

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi!
Congratulations its very similar to material design, I tried to did it but I couldn't get material design from Android Developers Portal
And a dude/bug, I added a title to the list with the EUR title ID and program says that is from JAP, from where program read the region version? From title ID, ID (XXXX01)...
You have to say me how did you do the design xD
Bye! :yayu::yay3ds:
Hi there!

I'm not sure what you mean with "program says that is from JAP". I haven't added anything that checks region of titles at all. Could you please be more specific for this example?

About the design. Well, I used JavaFX (bundled with Oracle's Java JDK and JRE distributions since Java 8). And, while there are some nice libraries out there that use FXML files for accomplishing the Material Design, I didn't like them, so I made mine, inspired on Google's Material design of course.

I read the whole docs on Material Design guidelines, and gave the needed CSS styling and created custom JavaFX classes (based on standard classes from JavaFX, like Button -> MaterialButton, for example), so that my library was made completely on Java classes (only code) and CSS, no FXML usage. And it's the library I use on most of my projects.

Sadly, I'm very bad documenting, as well as bad commenter, so it's a big mess to read through my code.

Reactions: victormr21

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If I download writing the title ID and close the program, reopen the download does not resume :c
Nowhere in the features of the OP does this say that it "resumes". That's a goal feature, but it's not there yet. I haven't even mentioned it.

However, by the way the original JNUSTool is done, if you reopen the app and add the same title ID again, it should resume where it left when you closed it.

LuisGerdez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
If you had mentioned earlier. With the title id that are in full titles.csv if it resumes, if you write the title id on downloads does not resume. u.u

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@Olmectron Is possible add the function pause - resume downloads?
Yes.

It seems I need to add these TO-DO to the OP, since there's a lot of people asking for them:

• Title IDs parsed from that title key site if you put the site's URL by yourself.
  • Pausing/resuming function.
  • Fix queue's bad behavior.
These are all intended features for when I release the v1.0. I cannot conitnue working on this until the weekend, so, sorry about that.

cinhomartins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Awesome little program.
Is there a way to install in a different folder? My system folder is a small SSD with no space left to download the games...

WillTheLion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might be worth adding to the first post that the games are saved to: c:/users/YOURUSERNAME/appdata/local/jnustoolguimod/

Also it might be a good idea to rename the folder to not have the tmp_ prefix if the download completes. I just wanted to check the size of some downloads and it started to autodownload and save partial files. There was no indicator for if the games had fully downloaded or not when I went to look for the 1 game I did let download entirely.

I can only guess, but trying to accidentally install a not fully downloaded game could be potentially dangerous.

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Might be worth adding to the first post that the games are saved to: c:/users/YOURUSERNAME/appdata/local/jnustoolguimod/

Also it might be a good idea to rename the folder to not have the tmp_ prefix if the download completes. I just wanted to check the size of some downloads and it started to autodownload and save partial files. There was no indicator for if the games had fully downloaded or not when I went to look for the 1 game I did let download entirely.

I can only guess, but trying to accidentally install a not fully downloaded game could be potentially dangerous.
Don't worry. It simply fails after the installation gets to the part where the files are missing.

Anyway, there are a lot of features missing right now, which I'll be working on before it gets to v1.0.

Reactions: I pwned U!

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i know you said the downloaded ver is updated but wheres the download update only option?
my game dump is still asking for a game update.
I said what?

This downloads only the title you put in, be it a full title (starts with "00050000") or an update title (starts with "0005000E").

The titles in the list are right now only full titles (every of them starts with "00050000"). If you want to download an update, you have to do it separately, just change the "00050000" by a "0005000E".

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I said what?

This downloads only the title you put in, be it a full title (starts with "00050000") or an update title (starts with "0005000E").

The titles in the list are right now only full titles (every of them starts with "00050000"). If you want to download an update, you have to do it separately, just change the "00050000" by a "0005000E".
well i just use the old standard JNUSTool with this ver to get updates, works well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    N @ NoiseCommander3DS: https://youtu.be/cAo4TuKIz6s