Hacking Is there any interest in raising a prizepool for developing IOSU prizepool

Would you donate?

• No

• 1-5$

• 5-10$

• 10-20$

• 20-50$

• Would if I could

Results are only viewable after voting.

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
But that the system/game itself accessing through normal means, not the kernel exploit. It's like saying that since Dance Revolution can access the USB port on the Wii Mini, that it can be hacked to access the USB port.

meh.
It might require owning the game and having it in the drive or installed in the system, and then hook into it like Mii Maker was hooked into.

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But that the system/game itself accessing through normal means, not the kernel exploit. It's like saying that since Dance Revolution can access the USB port on the Wii Mini, that it can be hacked to access the USB port.

meh.
All wii u games have kernel access to usb storage. All wii u save files are able to be moved from local to usb storage then played from usb.
This is the actual reason everyone that actually knows anything about the wii u at all is saying the scene is dead.
The fact everyone is waiting for a "IOSU" access to happen is the reason for why the scene is dead.
Most begging for access don't even know exactly what they are even asking for to begin with. It's not even needed for anything homebrew. Not even permanent hbc install. Playing a game legit then storing a save file only to later patch the game to accept corrupted save. It may require launching the game each time but would work. To the point one could launch one of those free downloadable wii u games patch it via current kernel access and not need a disc to launch hbc. Problem is the only thing anybody seems to care about is how to pirate. Look at the tools made for wii u digging. Do you see many/any native tools built to run on the kernel access you have?
The interest for this console has left. Mostly because even being "next gen" it sucks. The console itself wasn't bad other than lacking power. Thus there is virtually no third party titles. With that you now limit your hackers to those that bought one. (which isn't that many)
The reality is as gamers/gamer hackers get older, mario no longer cuts it. People want to kill, steal, drive, ect.
So now you limit your hackers in numbers even further. In this scene the numbers are so bad the only ones doing it are doing it as a school project.
And now that those projects are done so is their interest. So, where does that leave you?
Paying someone to do it for you. Which for that you will probably need to buy them a console first...(so you probably want to make sure you can trust them)
But you could always save your money and just buy a better console and stop looking for things that make you think that junk console is better than what it is.
People said the wii sucked long ago. And they were correct. People said the wii u wasn't even as good as prior gen xbox and ps. And again they were correct.
Hykem stopped working on projects because he bought a real console. MN1 is starting to disappear because he probably bought a real console.
You see where I am going with this. Buy a current gen xbox or ps and buy a good heavily online game. Then play for a while and come tell me you still want this turd hacked. (I am confident you will disappear from this scene and this whole "IOSU" crap will be put to bed as it should have back in 2012)

Jackall4BDN

Haunter of Daydreams and Nightmares
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I pretty much doubt this would happen to me,
Because as opposed to the literal WHOLE world around me right now regarding gaming, i dont

kill police and steal cars the whole day,
rage on others in slowpaced click fests about punching a tower to death,
plant a bomb and paint my knife
or spend my day running from zombies and looting corpses in a bugged world.

I climb around giant white buildings and search for red things,
Command little Eyeballs using drums,
Shoot orange and blue holes into walls to solve puzzles,
Roll a sticky, growing ball aroung until it consumes earth,
run through huge alien worlds and try to restore humanity by using robots,
try to paint the floor better then others while climbing the paint,
Punch my friends off the ledge on a timespace-crossing platform,
Save Spira from Sin,
Hunt down Angels, Deamons and my past,
Drive with 2000mph against 29 hovercars and occasionally do a little headhunting,
Draw swords, ride horses and save princesses or
Eat a mushroom that turns me into a Weasel.

In short, i play games that are fantastic and/or estetic, games that are made to be fun and immersive, and not gory and realistic, or over the top competitive so you have a valid reason to insult others the whole day, hell if i want any of that, i go out, call my former classmates or cut myself... And nintendo is and has allways been one of the companies who deliver games that do just THAT, i agree they lose appeal with repeating themselves to much, and they need to come back to reinvent stuff the challenging way. But i can easily say that one day i'll die a fan of nintendo and still love their old classics.
I can confirm that the WiiU didnt get a lot of quality titles but i can't confirm the better consoles bit, because even tho i only really hooked onto maybe 7 games for the system i say it was worth every penny. Also don't even dare to start the graphics bit with me, because that allways drives me nuts, good graphics isn't processing power, it's what you make of it.
Why i am one of the very few remaining especially in my reach is a whole different question.

(5 euro on paypal for the first to pm me and get all the games i meant right xD)

- Quick and Dirty with TT -

Last edited by Jackall4BDN,
Reactions: Deleted User

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
All wii u games have kernel access to usb storage. All wii u save files are able to be moved from local to usb storage then played from usb.
This is the actual reason everyone that actually knows anything about the wii u at all is saying the scene is dead.
The fact everyone is waiting for a "IOSU" access to happen is the reason for why the scene is dead.
Most begging for access don't even know exactly what they are even asking for to begin with. It's not even needed for anything homebrew. Not even permanent hbc install. Playing a game legit then storing a save file only to later patch the game to accept corrupted save. It may require launching the game each time but would work. To the point one could launch one of those free downloadable wii u games patch it via current kernel access and not need a disc to launch hbc. Problem is the only thing anybody seems to care about is how to pirate. Look at the tools made for wii u digging. Do you see many/any native tools built to run on the kernel access you have?
The interest for this console has left. Mostly because even being "next gen" it sucks. The console itself wasn't bad other than lacking power. Thus there is virtually no third party titles. With that you now limit your hackers to those that bought one. (which isn't that many)
The reality is as gamers/gamer hackers get older, mario no longer cuts it. People want to kill, steal, drive, ect.
So now you limit your hackers in numbers even further. In this scene the numbers are so bad the only ones doing it are doing it as a school project.
And now that those projects are done so is their interest. So, where does that leave you?
Paying someone to do it for you. Which for that you will probably need to buy them a console first...(so you probably want to make sure you can trust them)
But you could always save your money and just buy a better console and stop looking for things that make you think that junk console is better than what it is.
People said the wii sucked long ago. And they were correct. People said the wii u wasn't even as good as prior gen xbox and ps. And again they were correct.
Hykem stopped working on projects because he bought a real console. MN1 is starting to disappear because he probably bought a real console.
You see where I am going with this. Buy a current gen xbox or ps and buy a good heavily online game. Then play for a while and come tell me you still want this turd hacked. (I am confident you will disappear from this scene and this whole "IOSU" crap will be put to bed as it should have back in 2012)

seriously had enough of hearing about those bunch of people ..... some sort of godlike hackers that are the only source of creativity... your opinion of the wiiu isnt every ones.

Reactions: TiMeBoMb4u2

Whatnoww

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I doubt that would happen to me. I'm aware that the Wii U is the "worst" console this gen, but I didn't buy it as a mistake. I buy consoles based on their LOCAL multiplayer abilities and the Wii U is the console that best suits the needs. It has games that anyone can pick up, play and enjoy. I don't buy consoles for its third party content, I have a PC for that. Smash, MK8, NSMBU, NintyLand and some other games are MORE than enough for a group of people to enjoy together.

I don't want homebrew for pirating. I literally would port Super Mario War and leave it at that but I don't have time for that. For my needs, Wii U is more than enough for my needs, it is not trash. What defines how good a console is is how it fulfils your needs.

(I also took it on an airplane and used it. Is that illegal?)

Last edited by Whatnoww,

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A homebrew bounty contest would be a great way to inspire creativity and bring something refreshing to these forums. (EDIT: not just for IOSU)

We could crowd fund the homebrew we desire, and upvote winners through polls/likes etc.

We have the means, we just need someone willing to hold the funds.

In all honesty I would be happy to do it and deal out winnings through my PayPal; if I had enough time to spare here but I have virtually none right now, and I don't think people here know much about me.... But then: who REALLY knows anyone on an Internet forum?

Last edited by KiiWii,

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the WiiU is as dead as you say it is, and hackers are tired of trying to shine this "turd", why are they so worried to release what exploits they have?

In fact, if they didn't want to be part of the WiiU scene any longer, releasing something worthwhile would actually drive up the price of used WiiUs, so they could sell their "turds" and get back to their "real consoles."

I'm definitely not any sort of elite hacker, but I've helped, assisted, contributed, tested, designed, etc. FREELY to this community for many years–even a little before I registered here.

So, if you feel like you can contribute something substantial to the WiiU scene, like proving that your statement about not needing IOSU for "permanent hbc install" or USB access, then go ahead.

Otherwise, go have a cup of coffee with Hykem, and let others work.

kenryuakuma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously, some of you are correct regarding the interest of the IOSU of the community. It seems that most of the people have totally forgotten about it or have not been showing a lot of interest in it ever since the exploit of the kernel 5.5.1 came out. The hype seems to subside. Here I would like to let most of the developers know that a few people out there are still patiently waiting for the IOSU. In addition, NOT ALL PEOPLE ARE INTERESTED IN PIRATING, and in particular the Wii U console. The IOSU is still pretty important for a lot of reasons, one of which is efficiency such as emunand or custom firmware or the ability to downgrade or update at will. And even right now assuming we could ran a lot of homebrews, but in order for us to run the homebrews, we have to go through the network (internet), without which basically there is nothing we could do. In addition to that, updating or downgrading the console more or less might involve risks and with emunand, we do not have to care about the mess-up of the original sysnand. Last but not least we could do whatever we want with the console such as install custom applications XMB or other cool stuff. And I hope the devs could still keep working on it and do not give up. Otherwise, the wii u scene, just like some people said, is over.

SonicCloud

miss americana.
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Seriously, some of you are correct regarding the interest of the IOSU of the community. It seems that most of the people have totally forgotten about it or have not been showing a lot of interest in it ever since the exploit of the kernel 5.5.1 came out. The hype seems to subside. Here I would like to let most of the developers know that a few people out there are still patiently waiting for the IOSU. In addition, NOT ALL PEOPLE ARE INTERESTED IN PIRATING, and in particular the Wii U console. The IOSU is still pretty important for a lot of reasons, one of which is efficiency such as emunand or custom firmware or the ability to downgrade or update at will. And even right now assuming we could ran a lot of homebrews, but in order for us to run the homebrews, we have to go through the network (internet), without which basically there is nothing we could do. In addition to that, updating or downgrading the console more or less might involve risks and with emunand, we do not have to care about the mess-up of the original sysnand. Last but not least we could do whatever we want with the console such as install custom applications XMB or other cool stuff. And I hope the devs could still keep working on it and do not give up. Otherwise, the wii u scene, just like some people said, is over.

Don't forget Unbanning your Game / NNID / Console and spoofing MAC address

Reactions: OscarGolo2801

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
stop spreading your bullshit everywhere, no games have kernel access to usb storage (that doesn't even really mean anything tbh), no games have access to usb storage, CafeOS just does the thing to load the title from the usb wiiu filesystems, nothing more. and the wii u scene isn't dead, it's progressing silently. people have to learn patience, and stop creating that kind of shitty threads like this; fundraising for exploit development, wtf guys!? donate to the developers/hackers if you want, but don't fundraise for exploits, damn!
and no game would accept corrupted saves, even if patched; patching a game would break signatures and require signpatches --' also, savegames are encrypted per-console. and no game has iosu kernel access at all. to launch hbl, you need a ppc kernel exploit (it needs a ppc kernel exploit for access to more memory, but it shouldn't be mandatory tho). also, not having any hacker/developer talking about it doesn't mean no one is working on it... and how is the Wii U a "junk console" ? Seriously ? I think the Wii U has the more interesting games of the current TV console generation. The Wii was great. And so was the PS3 and the XBox 360. Just because you don't like the games on a console or the console itself doesn't mean it sucks. Some consoles and some games are for a kind of people; the Wii was mainly oriented for casual and children (but it had really serious games too). Hykem was already on Sony scenes before. I doubt he stopped that because "he bought a real console". And I don't think MN1 "is starting to disappear because he probably bought a real console", see, MN1's username is MarioNumber1. People can get bored of scenes or try something else, and that doesn't mean they think the Wii U is not "a real console". and we don't need your sony/microsoft propaganda bullshit here; this isn't a War of Consoles forum, but "Wii U - Hacking & Homebrew". We're not here to care about other consoles, which are really more difficult to hack than the Wii U. Now, I may ask you to STFU and GTFO, no one here wants of your bullshit; you have no idea of what you're talking about.

JustPingo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
stop spreading your bullshit everywhere, no games have kernel access to usb storage (that doesn't even really mean anything tbh), no games have access to usb storage, CafeOS just does the thing to load the title from the usb wiiu filesystems, nothing more.

I think someone didn't get the point of a separate security processor anyway.

Reactions: Mrrraou

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.