Hacking Guy has made Uxploit, claiming it has kernel!?

Do you think it has kernel?

• Yes

Votes: 11 13.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 9 10.7%
  • No

Votes: 55 65.5%
  • idk

Votes: 9 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Also, I want this question answered, since it's just one of the weirdest things that sticks out.

Well, regarding my "red flags" they are that it seems he lacks some basic networking knowledge (regarding LAN/WAN gateways and routing) and some basic video compression/editing knowledge (containers, codecs, formats, etc.)
Those that are easy skill for many of us, make it easy for us to lean to think it is a fake.
But think of it for a moment, those skill are useful but not required to find an exploit.
What you need to find an exploit is time, dedication and particular knowledge that you develop while putting your time into it.
Think that if you are a kid your knowledge is most of the time limited to some specific topics but tends to be very deep in those topics if you are obsessive enough. I know this because I was once a kid.
My point is that to us, that have a long time experience with IT in general those topics seem basic (I have been using computers since 28 years ago, and generally in some obsessive way).
But when we were younger, we didn't have such a wide knowledge, but in those topics we excelled we could perform "magic" to give it a name.
So, I just want this to be taken into consideration when you look at the many "red flags".

Then again, that doesn't mean I think this is real, I just don't know and wouldn't go hunting witches when I think it is not the right thing to do.

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
10.0.0.0/8 is a local IP-range that can be configured by anyone anywhere and there can exist any number of networks using this IP-range. It does not contain any kind of identifying information.
I'm aware of that. Too late to go back and show the ip.

Well, regarding that my "red flags" are that it seems he lacks some basic networking knowledge (regarding LAN/WAN gateways and routing) and some basic video compression/editing knowledge (containers, codecs, formats, etc.)
Those that are easy skill for many of us, make it easy for us to lean to think it is a fake.
But think of it for a moment, those skill are useful but not required to find an exploit.
What you need to find an exploit is time, dedication and particular knowledge that you develop while putting your time into it.
Think that if you are a kid your knowledge is most of the time limited to some specific topics but tends to be very deep in those topics if you are obsessive enough. I know this because I was once a kid.
My point is that to us, that have a long time experience with IT in general those topics seem basic (I have been using computers since 28 years ago, and generally in some obsessive way).
But when we were younger, we didn't have such a wide knowledge, but in those topics we excelled we could perform "magic" to give it a name.
So, I just want this to be taken into consideration when you look at the many "red flags".

Then again, that doesn't mean I think this is real, I just don't know and wouldn't go hunting witches when I think it is not the right thing to do.
You just said something I haven't put into words.

I am a kid. I started programming and making DS Action Replay codes when I was 8, I started basic web design when I was 9. Hacking, modding, programming and basketball were my old interests from then until now. And still going.

Minox whyd you edit my post 2 above this

Reactions: TotalInsanity4
D

Deleted User

Hmm. I'm pretty skeptical on this but all of that will go away once I see the source. (If DarkFlare decides to release it, that is.)

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
Wild guess:

You are not entering the WiiU's ip on the form. Your WiiU is 10.0.0.7 and you type what looks like to be 10.0.0.54.
You actually entered your PC's IP which is web-inspecting the WiiU and you are using JS through developper tools to do some magic.

AmIclose? http://imgur.com/Y37DTQM

But how could JS create a folder on the home screen? That immediately suggests the idea of video editing :P

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In some ways, that's true. Plus giving people my information isn't always the best idea. If I told everyone my real first and last name, people (hopefully) can't go to my house, or do anything with it, it's just a sense of security. Plus you'll be able to find me on the sex offenders list.
Find you on the sex offender list? You are really not helping to sell people on your character. As I said, send proof, the coding/method to somebody who can confirm or this thread needs to be closed and you will be the.latest "four horsemen" and "fatal error." I have children and your sex offender comment really offends me.

If you don't provide proof and there is no reason you can't get in touch with somebody via PM, this thread needs to be closed and I'd probably stay away if I were you. To everyone else, there are fully functional exploits from people who come across as more open and sincere. Maybe stop giving attention and posting. Con artists always have excuses.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In some ways, that's true. Plus giving people my information isn't always the best idea. If I told everyone my real first and last name, people (hopefully) can't go to my house, or do anything with it, it's just a sense of security. Plus you'll be able to find me on the sex offenders list.

Yes because that information is totally relevant to the topic of discussion at hand. Really needed to know that. :rolleyes: Why did you have to tell that info publicly? TMI much? That has nothing to do with the Wii U exploit you found lol.

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't care if people talk about it, I only care if people assume things are fake when they really aren't. I'm not some retarded noob, I'm not going to go out of my way to troll people and risk getting a bad reputation.

And those points are _____?

I covered up my Wii U's IP, not the sites IP... anyone can go to http://uxploit.site90.net

Dude, that IP started with a 10. That means it's on a private network, behind a router. Sharing it is harmless. Also, the website couldn't find it, it can't get to your private network. Do you think we are that stupid? The entire 10.0.0.0/8 is reserved for private use.

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone chill out, seriously. What's with all the attacks. GIve him a break. As for the sex offender comment, I'm assuming that was intended to be a sarcastic statement (not literal), why do people take things so personally and literally online like really?

I'm willing to bet if DarkFlare69 's exploit is legit, its not a kernel exploit, but instead its utilizing a backdoor in the Wii U (web) developer tools to trigger an IOSU exploit. Hence why he's able to create a folder on the home menu and access an sd card (assuming this is legit).

I have a feeling darkflare69 had help which might explain his gaps in knowledge but still pulling off an exploit (private IP ranges vs Public, mistaking IOSU access for kernel access etc). He's clearly learning as he goes, and there's NOTHING wrong with that. Any developer/engineer (or engineering student like myself) know that success doesn't come without some level of failure. But if what he's showing off is 100% legit, he's got an IOSU exploit on 5.3.2, something NOBODY else has been able to pull off. Do you guys/gals have any idea what this would mean for the scene? This is revolutionary! Install unauthorized content (homebrew) to the home menu (and potentially run it with a proper IOSU exploit due to RSA signature checks upon running content), access external storage like sd cards and possibly usb etc.

Darkflare69, the only way you can prove these people wrong is to release your exploit and let others use it. If its legit, there will be 0 argument against its legitimacy at that point. You simply cannot refute what's right in front of you. No matter how many videos you make, there are always going to be nay sayers claiming its fake. Prove them wrong!

As a sidenote, I've still yet to see any evidence to support the idea that any of his videos have been edited to make it "look" like he has an exploit. Sound is consistent, nothing seems to be cut at all. Find me a point where there's a discrepancy in any of his video that "could" be the result of editing and maybe I'll reconsider, but otherwise stop whining and let him prove to us whether its legit or not, end of story. I'm so sick and tired of people making attacks against ANYONE who tries to do anything for the scene. I understand people have been trolled before (ie four horseman, which was blatantly obvious it was a fake, they were using a dev kit), but cut him some slack, seriously....

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so whats with the dissable/enable developer tools? is that usually amongst the settings?

Yes that's a normal browser setting for debugging your own websites on the Wii U web browser. It helps web developers fix compatibility with their sites on the U Browser. He could be using a backdoor in that to pull this off...

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
Everyone chill out, seriously. What's with all the attacks. GIve him a break. As for the sex offender comment, I'm assuming that was intended to be a sarcastic statement (not literal), why do people take things so personally and literally online like really?

I'm willing to bet if DarkFlare69 's exploit is legit, its not a kernel exploit, but instead its utilizing a backdoor in the Wii U (web) developer tools to trigger an IOSU exploit. Hence why he's able to create a folder on the home menu and access an sd card (assuming this is legit).

I have a feeling darkflare69 had help which might explain his gaps in knowledge but still pulling off an exploit (private IP ranges vs Public, mistaking IOSU access for kernel access etc). He's clearly learning as he goes, and there's NOTHING wrong with that. Any developer/engineer (or engineering student like myself) know that success doesn't come without some level of failure. But if what he's showing off is 100% legit, he's got an IOSU exploit on 5.3.2, something NOBODY else has been able to pull off. Do you guys/gals have any idea what this would mean for the scene? This is revolutionary! Install unauthorized content (homebrew) to the home menu (and potentially run it with a proper IOSU exploit due to RSA signature checks upon running content), access external storage like sd cards and possibly usb etc.

Darkflare69, the only way you can prove these people wrong is to release your exploit and let others use it. If its legit, there will be 0 argument against its legitimacy at that point. You simply cannot refute what's right in front of you. No matter how many videos you make, there are always going to be nay sayers claiming its fake. Prove them wrong!

As a sidenote, I've still yet to see any evidence to support the idea that any of his videos have been edited to make it "look" like he has an exploit. Sound is consistent, nothing seems to be cut at all. Find me a point where there's a discrepancy in any of his video that "could" be the result of editing and maybe I'll reconsider, but otherwise stop whining and let him prove to us whether its legit or not, end of story. I'm so sick and tired of people making attacks against ANYONE who tries to do anything for the scene. I understand people have been trolled before (ie four horseman, which was blatantly obvious it was a fake, they were using a dev kit), but cut him some slack, seriously....

not bitching but i got about quarter of the way through and got stuck repeating the " Do you guys/gals have any idea what this would mean for the scene?". lets be honest. four horsemen/fatal error and know this dude? i mean if i had something i genuinly wanted people to believe i would show it and not make pages of arguements for attention.... (repeatable saying his not goin to comment anymore but cant help himself for attention) his already said he doesnt care if anyone believe's him and that i quote "this is why i steer clear of gbatemp sharing". just kindly pointing out we dont need any mathew's around this scene thats for sure

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

To my knowledge, he's never even attempted to prove the SD card access. I saw nothing in that other video to indicate it was anything besides a JS game.

I have a feeling darkflare69 had help which might explain his gaps in knowledge but still pulling off an exploit (private IP ranges vs Public, mistaking IOSU access for kernel access etc). He's clearly learning as he goes, and there's NOTHING wrong with that. Any developer/engineer (or engineering student like myself) know that success doesn't come without some level of failure.

I agree that is possible, but if he indeed had help, taking credit for doing it all himself is not a good sign.

But if what he's showing off is 100% legit, he's got an IOSU exploit on 5.3.2, something NOBODY else has been able to pull off. Do you guys/gals have any idea what this would mean for the scene? This is revolutionary! Install unauthorized content (homebrew) to the home menu (and potentially run it with a proper IOSU exploit due to RSA signature checks upon running content), access external storage like sd cards and possibly usb etc.

It would be revolutionary, though an IOSU exploit was never claimed, unless he meant IOSU kernel exploit. Even then, an IOSU exploit would not necessarily allow installing unauthorized content. But all this discussion relies on whether he has an exploit, bringing me to...

I agree, I'd love to be proven wrong on this. But I won't accept anything unless there is undeniable evidence that it is legitimate. There don't have to be weird skips to prove that it's edited, as the entire point of editing would be to make it appear like a seamless transition, and this is definitely within the realm of possibility. DarkFlare may want us to accept this as true until disproven, but that is simply not how these things work.

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
OP
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
MRJPGames, if you want people to believe you, then post the source code and the exploit you used, or PM it to someone reputable like Marionumber1 or NWPlayer123 so they can verify it. If you won't do that, then SHUT UP. It's of no use to this community if you just say: "OOOH look what I can do. :D"

(Forgive me for being harsh, but I'm sick and tired of people doing things like this.)

Uhm... I never claimed to have an exploit for the Wii U! I did find (by browsing GBATemp) how to mimic the crash video (by using the gateway GO exploit, on the wii U while in "Nintendo 3DS" simulation or whatever. Basicly the same as the video of DarkFlare69 Where it crashes). If that "exploit" is what you mean, its open at fizazy.com/wiiu if you want to try it out for yourself.

Ps. I did start this thread but I in no way made this exploit, neither do I know for sure if it's real or not!

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
so whats the relavence between you and darkflare? im confused because you have posted the video while im under the impression the video is made by darkflare?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)