Gaming Guitar Hero III Customization

Sidneymack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Whats the filename of the rock band version on usenet? I take it that thats the one that uses the PAL save?
Where can i get the NTSC save version if i'm not a member of BC?

Thanks
grog.gif

dreadyz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
brucelaa said:
For those trying to join BC, i just followed the instructions on this site and became a member after 20 minutes. Note u cant sign up with hotmail or gmail.

HowTo

hope this helps
grog.gif

thanks! that worked like a charm!
grog.gif

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jhoff80 said:
Is there anyone who has both discs to check if they're both using the same note charts, or who has RB to check if the usenet one uses the RB notes as well?

What i can say is the one on BC definitely has the real note charts from rock band. Exact same ones, and i find it easier with my Wii guitar than the PS3 Rock band one, the strumm bar is louder but cleaner. I wish i could use my Wii GH3 Guitar on PS3.

CosmoKramer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Guys,

I'm the one who made the NTSC-U Guitar Hero 3 Rock Band Custom on BC and NT. Wabo is right, It's 100% OFFICIAL Notes AND audio from Rock Band. The only thing that is not official is the Star Power Paths (expert only)..Because there are no SP Paths in the Rock Band Charts. I added in Expert SP Paths myself. And my version is in Stereo.

I've seen the one on UseNet but haven't downloaded it yet. I'm almost postive that It's gonna be the same notes as well.. Except for the SP Paths.. From what i understand, there is a program now that puts in SP Paths automatically.. His version has SP Paths for ALL difficulties tho. Which leads me to believe he used that app... I wish it was out when i made mine... I put in all the SP Paths for expert MANUALLY with Feedback..(which is why there is no SP for the other difficulties)
frown.gif

Anyway..Just thought i'd clear that up... Enjoy...

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't understand this bit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow below guide on how to replace FSB files
---The files you just created are compiled into an FSB file for the game.---

1. Get fsbank.exe (official tool to make FSB files). It's in the "tools" folder of the extracted files.
2. - Make 3-4 FSB files (one per each folder) with the default options,
*but only change the "Format" to IMA ADPCM. @ bottom left corner of program.*
-make sure to keep the file names exactly the same.
3. You should have 3 files in each of your 3-4 folders by now.
1. a .wav file
2. a .H file
3. a .fsb file..... If there is no .fsb after the name add it now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do I have to actually make three new folders and use fsbank to create the necessary files in the three created folders?

shemmy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
CosmoKramer said:
Hi Guys,

I'm the one who made the NTSC-U Guitar Hero 3 Rock Band Custom on BC and NT. Wabo is right, It's 100% OFFICIAL Notes AND audio from Rock Band. The only thing that is not official is the Star Power Paths (expert only)..Because there are no SP Paths in the Rock Band Charts. I added in Expert SP Paths myself. And my version is in Stereo.

I've seen the one on UseNet but haven't downloaded it yet. I'm almost postive that It's gonna be the same notes as well.. Except for the SP Paths.. From what i understand, there is a program now that puts in SP Paths automatically.. His version has SP Paths for ALL difficulties tho. Which leads me to believe he used that app... I wish it was out when i made mine... I put in all the SP Paths for expert MANUALLY with Feedback..(which is why there is no SP for the other difficulties)
frown.gif

is there profanity on your version or just the usenet one? fun game, but i'd rather not play a game with the kids where "fucking" this or that is popping up on screen when playing.

purespin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
shemmy said:
CosmoKramer said:
Hi Guys,

frown.gif

is there profanity on your version or just the usenet one? fun game, but i'd rather not play a game with the kids where "fucking" this or that is popping up on screen when playing.

Or how can we patch the one to get rid of the f word?

CosmoKramer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol. What F-Word? There are no curses in my version. If the Official Rock Band songs didn't have the "F-Word", then my Custom doesn't have it...

Why? Does the one on UseNet have curses?

shadow_cruiser

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, its really stupid. I don't understand why someone would put this in. I want a couple of my nephews to play this but they can't because of the f-word.

"Fucking Tasty" shows up after hitting a 100 note streak which happens quite often because as you know, Rock Band guitar is much easier than GH.

CuriousG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually it happens when you get Star Power. I was mistaken about that and someone corrected me. I only noticed it about the same time as the 100 note streak.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It might be easier than GH guitar, but I also found it more strenuous, it definitely felt like more repetitive and furious strumming was needed to me, just the chords tended to be easier to reach.

Then again, I never got past tier 6 on hard GH3, and only tried a handful of songs on the RB edition so far.

CosmoKramer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow.. That's Ridiculous.

Yeah, my release doesn't have any vulgar language like that. The only place that it's hosted on atm is BC and NT... But was thinking about uploading it to Demonoid soon...Not sure, tho..

Sidneymack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
CosmoKramer said:
Wow.. That's Ridiculous.

Yeah, my release doesn't have any vulgar language like that. The only place that it's hosted on atm is BC and NT... But was thinking about uploading it to Demonoid soon...Not sure, tho..

Any chance you could get your version on Usenet or somewhere other than BC?
grog.gif

And whats NT?

Thanks

shemmy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
guess it's time to join the Q of people trying to get into the BC site.

anyone know how often they let new people in?

shemmy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
a few people have commented that the rock band version seems easier than the GH3 original. this, for me at least, is a bonus. easier guitars + drums means that i'm pretty much buying rock band on its' release as it seems more inclusive. letting the young ones and i play together without them getting frustrated at their mistakes is a massive plus in my book.

it's strange that this hacked release made up my mind to buy the legit release.
smile.gif

CosmoKramer, you are a star.
grog.gif

CosmoKramer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SidneyMack: I DO have a giganenews account. But never uploaded anything to UseNet before.

shemmy: Even tho the note charts are easier in Rock Band than GH3... In the actual Rock Band game, the window of opportunity to hit a note is smaller, and when you do ho/po's you have to be dead on, unlike in GH3 where you can hold down the ho/po before hand... RB's note system reminds me a little of GH2's. But RB is a really fun game tho, anyway..

shadow_cruiser

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
After fully testing it, yeah, it does happen everytime you hit star power. This version is unplayable for me due to the language.

CosmoKramer - If you can put it up on either Demonoid or Usenet, it would be much appreciated.

I tried signing up to BC but it doesn't accept Hotmail or Gmail and I don't have an ISP email so I'm not sure what other provider to use.

CuriousG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CosmoKramer said:
Wow.. That's Ridiculous.

If someone knows where the Star Power text is located, I'm sure it can be patched fairly easily. Also there is a song in the bonus tracks that is way out of sync. I can't remember which one it was but it was under expert difficulty and I didn't try it for other difficulties.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :(