Guitar Hero III Customization

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by MSW0, Mar 3, 2008.

Mar 3, 2008

Guitar Hero III Customization by MSW0 at 3:56 AM (69,853 Views / 0 Likes) 385 replies

1. MSW0
    OP

Newcomer MSW0 Advanced Member

United States
    I TAKE LITTLE TO NOT CREDIT FOR THIS. I CAN TEST IT AND QUOTE OTHER PEOPLE, BUT MY MODDING PROWESS ENDS ABOUT THERE.

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.p...&highlight=

This topic was started by me on the Scorehero Forums (my alias is MrGiles there, inside joke between my friends and I). It first outlines the Trucha Signer. It then delves into editing the Wii GH3 .iso to implement custom songs and, in a matter of hours most likely, custom note charts.

As of right now, these things cannot be implemented:

Custom Images. Videos do work.
    Setlist Edits

Known issues:
    None!
    ===
    According to the vets of Scorehero, the Wii version is soon to be the most easily modified and customizable.

2. Puxel

Member Puxel GBAtemp Regular

United States
    awesome! i always wanted to do this on the PS2, but i never had the chance.

3. MSW0
    OP

United States
    It appears its gonna be alot easier to do on the Wii, as it takes few programs to edit the files, and it's usually extremely quick to do so.

4. wiithief

Newcomer wiithief Newbie

United States
    Sounds Promising!

5. Lazycus

Member Lazycus Rotten

United States
    There is a big problem. You need to have the song split to make it work within the game. The guitar file should only contain the guitar track, the rhythm file should only contain the rhythm guitar or bass track, and the song file should only contain the vocals/drums/keyboard/etc. I'm not saying you can't get the song playing using this method but you won't really be playing the guitar portion of the song.

6. wiithief

Newcomer wiithief Newbie

United States

To do that you have to have the master track "or a great cover band to rerecord" which no one will ever have unless you buy the rights. All customs are made this way. there is no way around it and you dont really tell the diff except the guitar doesnt cut out when you miss a note.

7. Lazycus

Member Lazycus Rotten

United States
    I understand. I've just finished catching up on the scorehero thread and watched the two videos. Hopefully we can get the DLC from the other console versions and use those tracks which should(?) already be in the proper FSB3 format and separated correctly along with the note/animation/etc. files. Are the files similar for PS2 GHI. GHII, and GHRT80s?

I'll do more research. Thanks for your experimenting wiithief.

8. Sick Wario

Member Sick Wario Club Nintendo

United Arab Emirates
    really great developments here!!! please, continue

9. unsteadycarrot

Newcomer unsteadycarrot Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    custom notecharts are now possible

songlist editor next?

10. MSW0
    OP

United States
    Yessir, custom notecharts working.

Songlist Editor should be comin soon enough.

11. lolsjoel

Member lolsjoel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Yeah, now this is something I can get excited about! The Wii ISO modding really didn't interest me as I'm now worried about mass online cheating in games like Brawl that I will want to play legitimately. But what can you do? I'm sure I won't be doing any song creation myself, but I will be excited to download and play other people's creations. Now I just need to find a backup copy of GHIII since YAOSM can't back up my original copy for me (boo). So has anyone come up with custom audio tracks and gotten them to work?

12. corim123

Newcomer corim123 Advanced Member

United States
    I am just awaiting the all in one program and then packs of songs to downoad. It will be awesome if we can make customs on DL, something to use my extra DL's from Brawl on.

13. unsteadycarrot

United Kingdom
    basically you will be able to use the .mid/chart files from scorehero and add any custom song you like providing you have the chart for it, its been going on in the ps2 scene for around a year so there are like over 5000 charts to choose from!

even if the notechart is a .mid simply use leffs chart2mid2chart program to convert it and the tools themselves for the wii are so bloody simple to use!!

...its just getting the audio to work again for me thats being a bloody tit [​IMG]

edit: the sound issue has been resolved and there will be a new guide out soon,withief over at scorehero is typing it as we speak. meanwhile im going to look into replacing videos.

14. MSW0
    OP

United States
    Myself and Unsteadycarrot, and maybe Wiithief have all tested custom notecharts of songs and they have worked.

Only problem is the fact that I threw one too hard for me on there >_>

15. MSW0
    OP

United States
    Updated topic.

Custom videos work now.

16. lolsjoel

United States
    Custom videos meaning what?

17. MSW0
    OP

United States
    As in, you can add in videos that you want.

Unsteadycarrot is editing his GH3 game to be GH1 and GH2 on the new engine. For this, he put the GH1/2 videos into the game replacing the GH3 videos.

Edited first post yet again. Wiithief's full guide is now up there, with credit to everyone who helped make this possible.

18. Shinji1989

Newcomer Shinji1989 Advanced Member

Germany
    Is there a chance that someone makes a GHI or GHII iso for Wii and uploads it?

good night [​IMG]

19. unsteadycarrot

United Kingdom
    im pretty sure someone would probably do something like that once the stereo version is available to download AND a songlist editor becomes available.

dont expect any of this scorehero'ers to do it though lol, we actually enjoy being members of that site and iv seen what happens if anyone releases pre-made iso's.

but yes, innevitably, it will happen

20. lolsjoel

United States
    Wow, this is the most exciting thing ever! And to think, I was thinking my Wlip + YAOSM was going to be worthless. I'm not so big in to pirating games, but custom GHIII discs is right up my alley - especially easily justified since I own GHIII legitimately. Well, I'll be waiting on the edge of my seat for some pre-made ISOs to be released, or at least songs pre-made with a tutorial!