Homebrew GBARunner2

Pickle_Rick

I'm a pickle Morty!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just came here to thank you so much for your continued work! we don't have much going on in the 3DS homebrew community so I'm very thankful for you. and I'm excitedly awaiting a future release that supports proper saving :D
If you don't want to wait just use AGB_FIRM.

Pickle_Rick

I'm a pickle Morty!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you for the reply but you mean gba vc injections? I'd prefer this or else just an emulator :P don't want to fill up my home screen since I'm nearing the 300 limit already
Use 3DS bank to add more than 300. It's the same thing as this but it has perfect compatibility and it supports every save type. This is only useful for DS and DSi users.

plug313

Trophies
XP
Country
Use 3DS bank to add more than 300. It's the same thing as this but it has perfect compatibility and it supports every save type. This is only useful for DS and DSi users.

I don't really like having to use an app to switch everything on my home screen... I'd rather keep using mGBA ahahah

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thanks anyway!
Do you know if I a DSLite runs GBA natively (for example if I install TWiLightMenu++ on it, will I be able to change the default emulator from GBARunner to native GBA?)

Thanks again

Hello.:)

You can not istall CFW/TWiLight on an DS Lite.:)
It has a complete different Firmware,nothing there to CFW on it.
You can only flash a custom Firmware on it with Flashme to use your Flashcart/Slot 2 Device to boot directly.
(look on my signature,the last line).

Madikan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello.:)

You can not istall CFW/TWiLight on an DS Lite.:)
It has a complete different Firmware,nothing there to CFW on it.
You can only flash a custom Firmware on it with Flashme to use your Flashcart/Slot 2 Device to boot directly.
(look on my signature,the last line).
All right thank you very much!

But what's the advantage of using TM instead of using your flashcard's firmware then ? (Since the flashcard has to stay in your DSL at all times for it to work)

Thanks!

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
All right thank you very much!

But what's the advantage of using TM instead of using your flashcard's firmware then ? (Since the flashcard has to stay in your DSL at all times for it to work)

Thanks!

For users who have not a Flashcard and you can run Homebrew like GodMode Filemanager and DSiware.:)

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What's is wramicache rom? And how I get that?
Should be among the releases. It enables the cpu instruction cache on certain memory regions which improves speed on various games. However, there are games that it may break as well.
Thanks anyway!
Do you know if I a DSLite runs GBA natively (for example if I install TWiLightMenu++ on it, will I be able to change the default emulator from GBARunner to native GBA?)

Thanks again
I am not sure if TWiLightMenu++ supports slot2 memory devices like EZ 3in1 (which you need if you want to use the native gba mode). Native gba mode is purely hardware based. It is impossible to have it load the gba game from elsewhere sadly.
Btw, TWiLightMenu is a good flashcard menu replacement for some cards.

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've made some more progress on the new ui. Directory browsing works (currently max 64 entries (dirs + gba files) in a folder), as well as loading games and saves. I'm gonna remove all old shitty and now redundant code first and make a commit without saving. Then I'll merge (yay! merge conflicts :P) the sd_save branch and adapt it to the new fat library (FatFS) that should prevent all sd corruption.
unknown.png

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I've made some more progress on the new ui. Directory browsing works (currently max 64 entries (dirs + gba files) in a folder), as well as loading games and saves. I'm gonna remove all old shitty and now redundant code first and make a commit without saving. Then I'll merge (yay! merge conflicts :P) the sd_save branch and adapt it to the new fat library (FatFS) that should prevent all sd corruption.
unknown.png

Sounds great!

I see you have Metroid ZM on there though, is it working now or something?

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
New release from the sd_save branch (Commit dd42c5c, 02-06-2019).
  • New material design file browser (currently 64 entries per folder limit, I plan on improving that later)
  • New fat library (FatFS), this should fix the sd corruption issue. Please test and report if you are still having issues. Fat16 may work as well now. Let me know if it does
Edit: I heard from people that it doesn't work on TWiLightMenu. I'm gonna look into it

Attachments

• dd42c5c (02-06-2019).zip
    190.2 KB · Views: 488
Last edited by Gericom,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1