Homebrew GBARunner2

D

Deleted User

Do think you can implement a function to switch games without having to restart the system?
Or is it still too soon?

Oh, and the design looks neat!

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Interesting! I'll have a look. Overhead and latency are a big problem indeed. For the 2 bytes of data the gba sends at a time, a header/footer of like 28 bytes and some preamble is attached when using wifi for example. Luckily wifi is faster though.

Reactions: zfreeman

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Some more progress on the new ui:
unknown.png

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
How can I save progress? I’m playing Pokémon leaf but I lose progress :(

Hello.:)

Only because it's a work in progress thing. I kept this feature separate from the saving, because as long as the corruption issue for creating new saves is not fixed I cannot merge that feature. I will merge this branch into the saving branch when this is more finished though.

Reactions: Luigi_Ra

PRAGMA

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Instead of trying to look for sd:/gba, try also look for sd:/roms/gba, and do it regardless caps of course so that sd:/ROMs/GBA could work too for example.
This way it works better for TwilightMenu++/HiyaCFW users.
Also, perhaps add in a way to display an error if no BIOS is found.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

One last thing, is there any compile bot autocompiling all latest commits or is there any release page?

Reactions: plug313

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Instead of trying to look for sd:/gba, try also look for sd:/roms/gba, and do it regardless caps of course so that sd:/ROMs/GBA could work too for example.
This way it works better for TwilightMenu++/HiyaCFW users.
Also, perhaps add in a way to display an error if no BIOS is found.

One last thing, is there any compile bot autocompiling all latest commits or is there any release page?
I'm designing a new UI and I'm gonna make it way better. With proper errors and more features.

There's no auto-build setup, but there is a list of releases on the gbatemp wiki page of gbarunner2. https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/GBARunner2

PRAGMA

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
I'm designing a new UI and I'm gonna make it way better. With proper errors and more features.

There's no auto-build setup, but there is a list of releases on the gbatemp wiki page of gbarunner2. https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/GBARunner2
Also perhaps an auto sram patcher? or perhaps the need to NOT modify the ROM?
Also the latest releases seem to look for bios.bin on root, yet all instructions state sd/gba/bios.bin is this a mistake?

Also one thing that would be simply AMAZING, would be the ability to have gbarunner2.nds look for a file next to it named gbarunner2auto.txt or some shit and this TXT would contain the SD path to the rom, this way, TwilightMenu++ could code up a way to create/overwrite this file to the path of whatever rom is selected, then it loads GBARunner2.nds, which the GBARunner2 tries seeing if the .txt exists and if so, runs whatever rom the path is leading to, essentially allowing us to not have to back out and go through a UI at all which is in my opinion the way it should work.

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Also perhaps an auto sram patcher? or perhaps the need to NOT modify the ROM?
Also the latest releases seem to look for bios.bin on root, yet all instructions state sd/gba/bios.bin is this a mistake?

Also one thing that would be simply AMAZING, would be the ability to have gbarunner2.nds look for a file next to it named gbarunner2auto.txt or some shit and this TXT would contain the SD path to the rom, this way, TwilightMenu++ could code up a way to create/overwrite this file to the path of whatever rom is selected, then it loads GBARunner2.nds, which the GBARunner2 tries seeing if the .txt exists and if so, runs whatever rom the path is leading to, essentially allowing us to not have to back out and go through a UI at all which is in my opinion the way it should work.
I want to natively support all save formats at some point.

It should check both locations. But maybe it's broken?

There's something called argv that does something like that (program arguments). I am going to implement that sometime.

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lately I have been building a cartridge adapter that connects to pc through an fpga board. I am gonna make a second cable such that it can be used for faster testing of gbarunner2 wifi linking with two dses. Today I finally managed to make it work well, and I was also able to boot gbarunner2.
JPEG_20190519_203302.jpg

RaymanTheHedgehog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi, is there a possibility FAT can be used with gbarunner2? :unsure:
i know the solution is formatting the sd but i don't have anything to backup or format (even a pc and my phone just corrupts the sd cards with the built-in formatter:()

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi, is there a possibility FAT can be used with gbarunner2? :unsure:
i know the solution is formatting the sd but i don't have anything to backup or format (even a pc and my phone just corrupts the sd cards with the built-in formatter:()
Hello.:)

And "No".:)

Thank you.

Maybe someday,if @Gericom
has desire and time.:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Okies. Family graveyard is that way 👉