Homebrew GBARunner2

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Could you please provide a build of gb_audio branch? Thank you very much!
Here you go. Note that this branch does not perform saving, since it was based off the file_explorer branch. I also haven't excessively tested this since it's still work in progress. The only tests I did were with the arm9dldi version. Only gb channel 1 and 2 are currently supported.

Edit: Ofc it would be nice to get some feedback on how well it works, since I've not tested that many different games.

Attachments

• gb_audio d5d99e7 (02-04-2019).zip
    98.7 KB · Views: 1,464
Last edited by Gericom,
D

Deleted User

I did some testing with the arm9 and arm9wramicache version from the 02-04-2019 gb audio branch build Gericom uploaded.

Games that work - (You can hear the added PSG Audio Channel.)

• Adventure of Tokyo Disney Sea (J) - I played the Intro.
  • Batman Vengeance (E) - I played the first Level.
  • Blender Bros (U) - I played the first Level.
  • Bomberman Tournament (UE) -I walked around the first Area.
  • Breath of Fire (E) -I fought a battle on the Overworld.
  • Breath of Fire 2 (E) -I fought a battle during the Intro Section. The arm9 Version works, the arm9wramicache freezes before you can start the game.
  • Car Battler Joe (U) - I fought the Intro battle.
  • Castlevania - Harmony of Dissonance (E) - I walked around the first Area.
  • Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (E) - I played the first Level.
  • Deadly Skies (E) - I played the first Mission.
  • Demi Kids - Dark & Light Version (U) - I played the Intro.
  • Densetsu no Stafy (J) - I played the first Level. The arm9 Version works, the arm9wramicache won´t boot.
  • Disney Sports American Football (U) - I played a game in Exhibition mode.
  • Disney Sports Basketball (E) - I played a game in Exhibition mode.
  • Disney Sports Skateboarding (E) - I played the Free Skate mode.
  • Disney Sports Soccer (E) - I played a game in Exhibition mode.
  • F-Zero Maximum Velocity (UE) - I played a race.
  • Gradius Advance (E) - I played the first Level.
  • Groove Adventure Rave - Hikari to Yami no Daikessen (J) - I fought a battle.
  • Groove Adventure Rave - Hikari to Yami no Daikessen 2 (J) Both arm9 version run slow, just like in the previous build of gbarunner2.
  • Guilty Gear X - Advance Edition (E) - I fought a battle in Arcade mode.
  • Lucky Luke - Wanted! (E) - I played the first Level.
  • Mech Platoon (E) - I played the tutorial Mission.
  • Mega Man & Bass (E) - I played the Intro Level.
  • Metalgun Slinger (J) - I played the Intro Level.
  • Naruto Ninja Council (U) - I played the Seaside Level from the Story mode.
  • Naruto Ninja Council 2 (U) - I fought the Intro battle.
  • Oddworld - Munch´s Oddysee (UE) - I walked around the first Area.
  • One Piece - Mezaze! King of Belly (J) - I played the Intro.
  • One Piece - Nanatsu Shima no Daihihou (J) - I played the Intro.
  • Oriental Blue - Ao no Tengai (J) - I played the Intro.
  • Pinobee - Wings of Adventure (UE) - I played the first Level. The arm9 Version works, the arm9wramicache won´t boot.
  • Recca no Honoo - The Game (J) - I fought a battle in Story mode.
  • Summon Night - Swordcraft Story (J) - I walked around Town.
  • Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo (E) - I fought a battle in Arcade mode.
  • V-Master Cross (J) - I played the Intro.
  • Winning Post for Gameboy Advance (J) - I played the Intro.
  • WWE - Road to WrestleMania X8 (UE) - I fought a match in Exhibition mode.
  • WWE - Survivor Series (UE) - I fought a match in Exhibition mode.
  • WWF - Road to WrestleMania (UE) - I fought a match in Exhibition mode.
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! - Duel Monsters 6 Expert 2 (J) - I played a match.
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! - Duel Monsters International - Worldwide Edition (J) - I played a match.
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! - The Eternal Duelist (E) - I played a match.
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! - The Sacred Cards (E) - I played the Intro.
  • Zatchbell! - Electric Arena (U) - I fought a battle in Story mode.
Games with (Sound) Issues
  • Castlevania - Circle of the Moon (E) - I walked around the first Area. The Audio has much more Noise. This is a regress from 6522414 (2018/11/01).
  • Donkey Kong Country (E) - The game crashes with both arm9 build. This is a regress from 6522414 (2018/11/01).
  • F-Zero Climax (J) - I played a race in the Novice Cup. The Audio is broken with both arm9 build. This is a regress from 6522414 (2018/11/01).
  • King of Fighters EX - NeoBlood (E) - I fought a battle in Arcade mode. Much Noise.
  • King of Fighters EX 2 - Howling Blood (E) - I fought a battle in Story mode. Much Noise.
  • Klonoa - Empire of Dreams (E) - I played the first Level. A little Noise. You can hear the GB Sounds.
  • Klonoa 2 - Dream Champ Tournament (E) - I played the first Level of the Jungle World. A little Noise. You can hear the GB Sounds.
  • Konami Krazy Racers (E) - The game no longer boots with this build. This is a regress from 6522414 (2018/11/01).
  • Magical Houshin (J) - I walked around the first Area. Some Noise. You can hear the GB Sounds.
  • Urban Yeti! (UE) - I walked around the City. The Voice sample during the Intro has much Noise. Both arm9 version. This is a regress from 6522414 (2018/11/01).
Games that still work (tested, to see if they still work with this build)
  • Advance Guardian Heroes (E) - I played the first Level.
  • Advance Wars (E) - I played the field training. Both arm9 version are working.
  • Advance Wars 2 - Black Hole Rising (E) - I played the Campaign mode. Both arm9 version are working.
  • Aladdin (E) - I played the first Level.
  • Altered Beast - Guardian of the Realms (E) - I played the first Level.
  • Animaniacs - Lights, Camera, Action! (E) - I played the first Level.
  • Army Men Advance (UE) - I played the first Level.
  • Army Men - Operation Green (UE) - I played the first Level.
  • Around the World in 80 Days (E) - I played the first Level.
  • Astro Boy - Omega Factor (E) - I played the first Level.
  • Banjo-Kazooie - Grunty´s Revenge (E) - I walked around the first Area.
  • Castlevania - Aria of Sorrow (E) - I walked around the first Area.
  • Donkey Kong Country 2 (E) - I played until the first Water Level.
  • Donkey Kong Country 3 (E) - I played the first Level.
  • F-Zero GP Legend (E) - I played a race in the Novice Bronce Cup. The arm9 version works, the arm9wramicache freezes after you create a name.
  • Final Fantasy 6 Advance (E) - I walked around the first Area. The arm9 version works, the arm9wramicache won´t boot.
  • Gunstar Future Heroes (E) - I played the first Level.
  • Megaman Zero 1-4 (UE) - I played the first Level.
  • Super Mario Advance 1-4 (UE) - I played the first Level.
  • Van Helsing (E) - I played the Intro.
  • VeggieTales - LarryBoy and the Bad Apple (U) - I played the first Mission.
  • Virtua Tennis (E) - I played a match in Exhibition mode.
  • WarioWare, Inc - Minigame Mania (E) - I played the tutorial.

Last edited by ,

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The new version doesn't allow saves?
Only because it's a work in progress thing. I kept this feature separate from the saving, because as long as the corruption issue for creating new saves is not fixed I cannot merge that feature. I will merge this branch into the saving branch when this is more finished though.

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, some progress has been made on wifi linking. It's still very unstable and you cannot try it yet, because it uses hardcoded mac addresses. But still pretty cool it does something:
IMG_20190409_214744518.jpg

Inklax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have numerous questions.

1) Atm I want to SRAM patch some roms, but the GBARunner2 wiki's link for GBATA sends me to a website who says that their service is closed. When I try downloading the file provided there, chrome identifies it as a harmful file and instead of asking to keep it, it just cancels the download outright. I'm fairly sure this is just chrome being chrome and the file is safe, but with the website telling me that its service is closed, I'd like to be on the safer side of things this time around. Is the download still working/trustworthy?

2) Atm I'm trying to run the arm9 version on my DSi with HiyaCFW installed, however all I get back is TEST in the top right of my screen. How do I install arm9 on my DSi with HiyaCFW correctly? Most guides I see either use something other than Hiya or just don't specify.

3) What specific version of GBARunner2 comes with the current HiyaCFW download? (arm9, arm7, etc not just "the current version")

kevinrodolfoxD3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have numerous questions.

1) Atm I want to SRAM patch some roms, but the GBARunner2 wiki's link for GBATA sends me to a website who says that their service is closed. When I try downloading the file provided there, chrome identifies it as a harmful file and instead of asking to keep it, it just cancels the download outright. I'm fairly sure this is just chrome being chrome and the file is safe, but with the website telling me that its service is closed, I'd like to be on the safer side of things this time around. Is the download still working/trustworthy?

2) Atm I'm trying to run the arm9 version on my DSi with HiyaCFW installed, however all I get back is TEST in the top right of my screen. How do I install arm9 on my DSi with HiyaCFW correctly? Most guides I see either use something other than Hiya or just don't specify.

3) What specific version of GBARunner2 comes with the current HiyaCFW download? (arm9, arm7, etc not just "the current version")
1: You can get GBATA from dowloading in another site, i don't know if i dowloaded it from this site but it seems to work (http://www.no-intro.org/tools.htm).
2: If you're using a DSi or 3DS to run GBARunner2 you need to download the ARM7 version, the ARM9 version only works with r4's and other flashcarts that support DLDI.
3: I think it comes with the ARM7 version, not sure if it's the latest

Loftlex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Please can someone help me.
I found this info online and what you guys are doing is great.
I am getting older and my eyes are getting worse. So the idea if playing classic gb/gba on the big screen of a dsi xl is amazing ...
So.
I followed a guide on the internet think it was guide.cfw or cfw.guide can't remember.
Got all the way through but the gba does not work.
The twilight screen looks like the old ds and at the bottom there us the gba player (I got the bios on the root of the sd card)
But.
When j try to launch it i just get a white screen with this txt in the top corner.. "TAFN3DS sd card ab ab ab ab

Is there a guide with pictures?
So it's possible to see the screens I should be seeing?
I'll admit I am not the best at this so any advice would be great.
Thank you

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

Your issue comes maybe from an SD Card which has not right formatted.:(
You have to use FAT32.No extFAT or NTFS or FAT/FAT16.Please check this.
Please backup the SD Card,re-format it with FAT32 and copy all files back.
That should solve your GBARunner problem.:)

Another thing could be that your GBA ROM has to be SRAM patched.But please try first the upper suggestion.
Thank you.:)

Reactions: zfreeman

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello.:)

Your issue comes maybe from an SD Card which has not right formatted.:(
You have to use FAT32.No extFAT or NTFS or FAT/FAT16.Please check this.
Please backup the SD Card,re-format it with FAT32 and copy all files back.
That should solve your GBARunner problem.:)

Another thing could be that your GBA ROM has to be SRAM patched.But please try first the upper suggestion.
Thank you.:)
Yep, TAFN means that no fat32 partition could be found.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Gericom, I see you updated several branches on the gbarunner2 github page. Do you plan to release another build soon?
I cleaned up the git a little, because I noticed that file_explorer basically had became the new master :P. I also comitted a small sound fix there that should fix some issues with direct sound and desyncing (it seems mksc sounds better). Then I merged master into the other branches to apply this fix there as well. I started working on a new gui, which will also be needed to be able to setup the linking and such. It will be based on material design like in youtube ds.

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can´t wait for the new menu design! Also congratulations to your thousandth post on gbatemp.:P
Haha, I didn't even notice. Thanks!

This is a mockup of the new design in Photoshop:
unknown.png

Edit: Forgot to tell, but I managed to make mksc work with wifi linking. This is however a game that is easy on timings, so others may not work. Rayman 3 didn't at least, but I didn't try any others yet.

Last edited by Gericom,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over