Mar 19, 2012

GB micro by J3LL0 at 5:56 PM (1,337 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. J3LL0
    OP

Member J3LL0 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I just recently bought a gameboy micro for 35 with a super card and 8gb SS card. But the only downside Is it doesn't have a faceplate. I have search eBay and amazon endlessly. I need to find one. Anyone know where I can buy one? Doesn't matter if they are in 3 packs etc. just nothing to wild in price.

2. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniacâ„¢

United States
    Hahaha, did you just get it from Ebay right now? I saw the auction earlier today. Good luck, man, faceplates for the Micro are SO hard to come by it's not even funny.

EDIT: The auction has been taken down, it WAS totally you who got it. ;)

3. J3LL0
    OP

United States
    yeah lmao. i sent her a best offer of 30. saying that micro cases are hard to come by. so she said 35 for the micro, supercard, and 8gb sd card.
    do you know of any knockoffs atleast?

4. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniacâ„¢

United States
    Nope... I have scoured the internet for knockoffs and all that comes up are screen films. I have NO IDEA why the Chinese fakes haven't bothered to work on bootleg Micro/Micro faceplates, there's a huge market for them right now.

Your best bet it to snipe a (relatively) cheap auction for a Micro with a faceplate. You SHOULD be able to get a Micro with one for about 50-60 USD, and you can just flip the faceplateless one for about 30 bucks and make your money back.

Good luck!

5. J3LL0
    OP

United States
  6. syfyTy

Member syfyTy PhD in Thaumaturgy

United States
    being a GB Micro owner myself and an Ebay-er I would find someone with an auction that was sellling a unit with multiple face places and offer to buy one seperately from that auction. ( I did not mean outside of ebay)

They can relist thier item[less one screen front] for pennies in most cases and make something to boot or even ask they ultimate buyer of THIER auction if THEY are willing to part with one and introduce you.... I have seen them listed (not at this moment) as accessories, they list a package with all the trimmings and includes a few faceplates. So in conclusion, sometimes it's easier to find when searching under another item, same system.ie don't search faceplate, search 'GBM front cover' or even 'Game boy Micro Front Cover' Although they look the same the search engine doesnot always reveal it the same way.

I Just sold one weeks ago and had an extra myself. But that's history.

Hope this helps.

7. lordgoober

Newcomer lordgoober Advanced Member

United States
    that's funny, a couple weeks ago there were a bunch of faceplates on ebay. That being said, about a week and a half ago I bought a GB Micro essentially MIB from a guy locally (was still sticker sealed but one of his kids had ripped the box so it was unreturnable to the store) Give me a PM.

8. J3LL0
    OP

United States
    I have searched with various names. No luck.

Pm sent.

9. kthnxshwn

Banned kthnxshwn Banned

United States
    I have the faceplates that came with the original silver Micro with the black faceplate laying around.

10. J3LL0
    OP

United States
    I just pmd you

11. elgarta

Member elgarta GBAtemp Fan

United States
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=gameboy%20micro%20face&_sop=15&_clu=2&_fcid=1&_localstpos=&_stpos=&gbr=1

Hope that helps. There are 2 plates listed at 19.95 + S/H. Otherwise if you know someone in Australia, Nintendo still have faceplates in stock.. So you know, you could get someone to send them too you :)

12. jimmyemunoz

Member jimmyemunoz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    You have the black faceplate in mint condition kthnxshwn? PM me please, if you do. Thanks. :)