Looking for Songpro Gameboy Color/Gameboy Advance Software

TheRealWoChien32

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm relatively new to this, but perhaps someone on here can help me. Anything is much appreciated.

I recently won an Ebay auction for a Gameboy Color/Gameboy Advance cartridge known as a Songpro Multimedia Player. I have the device in my possession. It's essentially an MP3 player on your Gameboy Color (Sort of like the PlayYan for Gameboy Advance in Japan, but anyway), upon getting the device, I tested it and it works perfectly. However, in order to place music files onto the device, I am needing to install drivers for it. From what I could gather, there was a CD that came with these things and I can't find anything on it. There's like, maybe 3 articles about it that I could find, but none of them have drivers posted. (It mainly talks about the device and nothing more). There's a listing on Etsy that shows good prints of the user manual, but that's it. I even tried loading an SD card with some music files and putting it in the device to see if it would recognize anything and it doesn't. Even when I connect the device to my computer, Windows does recognize it under the Device Manager, but fails to do anything with it for lack of drivers. So to make a long story short, I'm looking for drivers for this thing, or just a dump of that CD. (I suspect that's what I am needing). Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places for this, but I came here hoping someone may know something. Sorry for a long post, but I'd love to get this thing working. As much of a novelty as it may be.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Has it got a URL on it, or in the manual scans, for the official website? Assuming it's long gone, running it through the internet archive (web.archive.org) is usually a good place to start. You probably won't be lucky enough to find the software download actually archived on there, but finding a link with the filename could help your search.

TheRealWoChien32

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has it got a URL on it, or in the manual scans, for the official website? Assuming it's long gone, running it through the internet archive (web.archive.org) is usually a good place to start. You probably won't be lucky enough to find the software download actually archived on there, but finding a link with the filename could help your search.
Going into the cartridge, there is some information about some websites that are listed. I know one of them is the songpro website itself which I believe I have already checked and it no longer exists. There's about 2 more I can check. I'm going through them now. Also going through the manual scans to make sure I didn't miss anything. Thank you for your reply! Wasn't expecting to get something so quickly!

UPDATE: I've looked through a few websites. 2 of them are defunct now. (No Surprise) However, one website is still available and apparently still in business now? It's Cirrus Logic. Their website is still up and they apparently had hand at this?

Last edited by TheRealWoChien32,
  • Love
Reactions: hippy dave

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I tried making chocolate lava cakes the other day in cupcake pan, what a mess, my lava exploded...