Has anyone developed a tool to view the iPS & BPS patch support ROM information?

WanderingHunter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I downloaded some iPS & BPS patches for GBA games from Internet Archive, but I don't know which region's version of GBA ROM some of the patches correspond to, so I'd like to ask if anyone has ever developed software to check the version of GBA ROM supported by a particular iPS & BPS patch?

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
IPS files don't have any of that information, you'd have to see if you can identify what changes and where for every file. BPS on the other hand supports checksum verification of the rom to be patched, so if you open that file in a patcher that supports it, like the online patcher on romhacking.net, it will tell you what checksums the rom should have, and you can go from there.

WanderingHunter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
IPS files don't have any of that information, you'd have to see if you can identify what changes and where for every file. BPS on the other hand supports checksum verification of the rom to be patched, so if you open that file in a patcher that supports it, like the online patcher on romhacking.net, it will tell you what checksums the rom should have, and you can go from there.
Thanks for the answer, now that I know what the iPS patch actually is, I'll just have to determine what it actually is by comparing the information of the ROMs patched in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: With enough Vodka everything is good