Gunpei - Game & Watch Emulator for 3DS

Potatoad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
I'm wondering if there's more information available about this emulator. This video is the only thing I can find about it.

Youtube ID: q0WFB-PpdJ4&ab

It mentions during boot that it's a private alpha release, so it's safe to assume this isn't publicly available for download. It's interesting though since, compared to the other Game & Watch emulator that's floating around, this one appears to support dual screen.

Attachments

• Gunpei_0.JPG
    Gunpei_0.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 136
  • Gunpei_1.JPG
    Gunpei_1.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 132
  • Gunpei_2.JPG
    Gunpei_2.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 126
  • Gunpei_3.JPG
    Gunpei_3.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 129

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm wondering if there's more information available about this emulator. This video is the only thing I can find about it.

It mentions during boot that it's a private alpha release, so it's safe to assume this isn't publicly available for download. It's interesting though since, compared to the other Game & Watch emulator that's floating around, this one appears to support dual screen.
I don't see any video

Levine91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like the same person has a 3DS port of HatariST (Atari ST emulator) that I can't find any additional information on as well.

They have it listed so it can't be embedded on other sites.
YouTube video ID is VcoKrh5fvLw

peris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi, I'm a newcomer.
I have to receive next week a 3DS to use it with G&W and Zx Spectrum emulators.
Like you, I saw the video of that user on Youtube and searched for information on baidu.

If you find in BAIDU (chinese search engine) for "game watch 3ds squall", first result is the thread of the creator of this emulator.

In these thread you have the download url of the emulator (called 3DSGW.rar)

gw.png

To download from Baidu you have to be registered, but there is a page called "BaiduDownloader dot com" where you get the link to your email (use a temporary one for example).

This page is paid, but with the coupon "FREEDOWNLOAD1GB" it is free.

I hope it helps someone. Greetings!

Translated with deepL Translator (free version)

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi, I'm a newcomer.
I have to receive next week a 3DS to use it with G&W and Zx Spectrum.
Like you, I saw the video of that user on Youtube and searched for information on baidu.

If you find in BAIDU (chinese search engine) for "game watch 3ds squall", first result is the thread of the creator of this emulator.

In these thread you have the download url of the emulator (called 3DSGW.rar)

To download from Baidu you have to be registered, but there is a page called "BaiduDownloader dot com" where you get the link to your email (use a temporary one for example).

This page is paid, but with the coupon "FREEDOWNLOAD1GB" it is free.

I hope it helps someone. Greetings!

Translated with deepL Translator (free version)
Can you reupload this archive somewhere else?

peris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
This emulator is not called 'gunpei'. It's RetroArch emulator with a single core preinstalled that runs GW games. But it does work as it supposed to.
I also thought the same (it's the name that appears in the video).
Could it be a different version (the video is from 2022 and the link I posted is from 2018)?

I will try to search Baidu for more posts from this user, because he might have a newer version.

The user appears to be registered on this forum
https://gbatemp.net/members/squall_dc.66501/

Last edited by peris,

Funkyspectrum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
great to see an update to this post ! is the version linked here for download able to play as the one in the video does ? also it does not have the full romset, can we add other roms for example "greenhouse" and if so how does it get the artwork ? also how do i install the game files, just make a folder on the sd on the 3ds ? thanks ! any help would be much appreciated !

tanlog

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan

Could you please let us know when will you release the gunpei emulator?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Could you please let us know when will you release the gunpei emulator?
Considering they never mention once that they have or have access to that, simply mentioned the emulator. Plus last post or activity was July 9th 2022, I dont believe you are going to be seeing anything from them at all.

Potatoad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
Considering they never mention once that they have or have access to that, simply mentioned the emulator. Plus last post or activity was July 9th 2022, I dont believe you are going to be seeing anything from them at all.
And I was never heard from again.

But yeah, I'm neither the creator nor a contributor of this project. I'm just waiting for more information like everyone else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu