DerekGeneric831

DerekGeneric831
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, i'm having issues with my new EZ Flash Omega Definitive Edition

i'm using a Micro SD thats 32GB and is formatted to FAT32 with 32kb as recommended by the instructions
I also have the Latest Firmware updated with the latest cheats and thumbnails files.

my GameBoy Folder and GameBoy Color Folder are showing up perfectly and playing the games..
However they aren't showing the Thumbnails which are located in SYSTEM/IMGS and the menu after you select a title doesn't appear.. it just boots.
so i don't have access to the Cheats or Add-ons etc..

GameBoy Advance games however seem to not show up at all within folders unless i place GBA titles on the Root of the SD Card and theres a limit of 500 or so.
If i do place the gba titles on the root sd, the Thumbnails appear for these games however with the Menu that's supposed to show up when selecting a title.

I have tried multiple things.
  1. Formatting the SD Card and placing the files back onto the SD.
  2. Trying different file structures by adding Folders within the GBA Folder alphabetised.
  3. Making sure Read-Only is off and File is Ready for Archiving is selected.. However
I have noticed Read-Only turns on and off whenever it wants, i've done a bunch of troubleshooting about this already.
The EZ Flash Omega DE sorta seems like it's got a mind of its own,

Reactions: PokemonTwinn

DerekGeneric831

DerekGeneric831
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So.. I fixed this issue.
This is for anyone that is experiencing the same issue as I struggled for ages.

Gameboy and Color games don't have thumbnails. Only GBA.

If your experiencing issues with GBA games just not showing up..
Make a folder called ROMS, place the folder named GBA in ROMS. Then within ROMS>GBA make bulk folders with 100 ROMs in each folder. Simply with letters.. no special characters (that includes the dash. "-"

Until your whole library is in folders alphabetically containing 100 games in each.. I named mine like follows..
AtoD, DtoH, HtoK etc.. so instead of a Dash inbetween the letters you have "to" as the middle part.

This is the annoying part.
Open up Command Prompt in the start menu by typing "CMD" and then within command prompt.. you're going to want to do this for each folder.. depending on the name you gave them.
Enter each file directory and copy text address, type "attrib -r -s" and copy the text address for each of the file directories, paste it right after that And press enter.
You're gonna want to do that for all the directories you made for your GBA games.

attrib -r -s "ctrl+v here"

You can do the same for IMGS and CHEATS if those aren't showing either. Things should work great after that.

Reactions: PokemonTwinn

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
So.. I fixed this issue.
This is for anyone that is experiencing the same issue as I struggled for ages.

Gameboy and Color games don't have thumbnails. Only GBA.

If your experiencing issues with GBA games just not showing up..
Make a folder called ROMS, place the folder named GBA in ROMS. Then within ROMS>GBA make bulk folders with 100 ROMs in each folder. Simply with letters.. no special characters (that includes the dash. "-"

Until your whole library is in folders alphabetically containing 100 games in each.. I named mine like follows..
AtoD, DtoH, HtoK etc.. so instead of a Dash inbetween the letters you have "to" as the middle part.

This is the annoying part.
Open up Command Prompt in the start menu by typing "CMD" and then within command prompt.. you're going to want to do this for each folder.. depending on the name you gave them.
Enter each file directory and copy text address, type "attrib -r -s" and copy the text address for each of the file directories, paste it right after that And press enter.
You're gonna want to do that for all the directories you made for your GBA games.

attrib -r -s "ctrl+v here"

You can do the same for IMGS and CHEATS if those aren't showing either. Things should work great after that.
My games show up fine, but none of the thumbnails load... Do I need them named a special way for them to show up? I just get the broken picture thumbnail instead of the game's pic. And what ROMset are you using for this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto