EZ-Flash Omega DE, .esv gameboy save files and .sav.

wotofock

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone,

it's been a while since I've posted on this forum.

I've recently repair one of my GBA and bought an EZ Flash Omega Definitive Edition.
Before that I was playing a few gameboy/gameboy color games on emulator/other devices.
I'm trying to get my gameboy/gbc saves from other devices to work on my new EZ Flash Omega Definitive Edition.
Problem is, I got a few .sav files between 8 and 32kb and the EZ Flash seems to not read them.
When I'm just booting the game on the GBA and try to save a new game it creates a 64kb .esv file. Size and extension are very different from my other saves (.sav). How can I convert my "old" .sav to some .esv files so I can get my old saves working on my brand new EZ Flash Omega DE ?

It's been days that I'm searching on internet/this forum but did not found any solution to my problem.

that's a bit sad since all my .srm from GBA games are working super fine if I just rename them as .sav files. Can play on my gameboy advance with my EZ Flash instantly.

Have a lovely day everyone !

Reactions: PokemonTwinn

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I haven't looked at them, but have you tried just renaming your .sav files to .esv? And if that doesn't work, maybe padding them to 64KB?

wotofock

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for getting back to me !

I've tried renaming and did not work BUT I did not "padding" them. Can you explain a little bit more this part ? I am not sure how to do it/understand it but it sounds like it can work !

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ESV is indeed a renamed SAV, but it's Goomba's data file*, not the emulated game's - you need the Goomba save and savestate import/export utility to do what you want :)

* With exceptions, on the GBA there's no such thing as DLDI for homebrew to access the "file storage" (which may well not exist at all on a traditional, externally programmed flashcard), so the only effective way to store data is to use SRAM like a commercial GBA title, which means you get some storage to treat as you like, and Goomba in particular uses it for a proprietary filesystem you see when using the savestate options in it

wotofock

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello to both of you and thanks for all the informations !
I'm currently in another country for work and be back in a week to try to save my... save. :D
@hippy dave I had some trouble using Trunc but I'll continue to give it a try when I'm back. :)
@Ryccardo : thanks so much for theses informations. Now I understand better. I've seen this utility somewhere. I'm gonna try and let you know. Not sure to fully understand what Goomba is really doing, I'm having a hard time with english sometimes but I'll try my best !

CaseyDog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello to both of you and thanks for all the informations !
I'm currently in another country for work and be back in a week to try to save my... save. :D
@hippy dave I had some trouble using Trunc but I'll continue to give it a try when I'm back. :)
@Ryccardo : thanks so much for theses informations. Now I understand better. I've seen this utility somewhere. I'm gonna try and let you know. Not sure to fully understand what Goomba is really doing, I'm having a hard time with english sometimes but I'll try my best !
Sorry if this is a bit of a necro, but did you ever try this out? I'm having a similar problem converting my Pokemon Emerald save from the .ss0 format used by NewSuperUltimateInjector for 3DS to .sav for my EZFlash Omega (non-definitive-edition). Renaming the file extension in File Explorer just gets it read as a brand new save.

wotofock

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello hello !
I'm so sorry but I'm super overwhelm with work atm so I've just save the informations but not really tried it.
Please let us know if you achieve to make it work, I'm super interested. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?