OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
meettomy.site
XP
Country
Turkey
So i just bought new micro sd card since i run out my storage on my 128gb micro sd, is there any tutorials how to migrate my old 128gb micro sd to my new 512 gb micro sd? also is it just copy all my old files to the new one or there's an extra steps since i also dont want my save data removed accidentaly

giologic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
meettomy.site
XP
Country
Turkey
does this mean it had hidden partition or nah?
Screenshot (243).png

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
No it doesn't. I don't know why you have a 32MB partition but if you had a partition based emummc you would have had a 29GB partition. That means you can just copy everything to the new SD card. I can see your card is formatted as exfat. I highly recommend that you format your new card as fat32 because exfat is known to get corrupted easily on the Switch.

Reactions: giologic

giologic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
meettomy.site
XP
Country
Turkey
No it doesn't. I don't know why you have a 32MB partition but if you had a partition based emummc you would have had a 29GB partition. That means you can just copy everything to the new SD card. I can see your card is formatted as exfat. I highly recommend that you format your new card as fat32 because exfat is known to get corrupted easily on the Switch.
thank you for the reply, alright im gonna format my new micro sd as fat32 before i move the files there, btw before i do that should i also back up save data too with jksv? or i don't need to do that?
Post automatically merged:

next question being "how do I format a 512gb card to FAT32"

--> https://github.com/inconsistent-dg/guiformat/releases/
thanks for the link man:)

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Provided you use emummc the saves are on the sd card so they are part of what you copy to the new card. If you use sysmmc the saves are in the Switch and then you don't have to do anything about it

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Provided you use emummc the saves are on the sd card so they are part of what you copy to the new card. If you use sysmmc the saves are in the Switch and then you don't have to do anything about it
Have you even bothered to scroll through the previous replies, you're confusing them even more

no emunand. just copy all the files from the old to the new card.
do it manually via windows explorer, don't use backup tools as they might cause other issues (archive bit)

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Have you even bothered to scroll through the previous replies, you're confusing them even more

no emunand. just copy all the files from the old to the new card.
do it manually via windows explorer, don't use backup tools as they might cause other issues (archive bit)
Did YOU bother to read the whole thread? If you did you would see that I have replied several times so yeah I have read it all.
The last thing OP asked was whether he had to backup his saves and I explained where the saves are located and why it is not necessary. I really can't see why that is not relevant and why it is confusing.
So chill dude, we are all trying to help here...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y