Hardware Misc Others [PSA] Issues with Wario Land (Super Mario Land 3) in Ez-Flash Jr. and possible fix

JORGETECH

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
So I was having this really weird issue when playing Wario Land with the Ez-Flash Jr. flashcart in my Gameboy Advance. The game would work fine but when coins (and maybe, other items) appeared on the screen, a mess of glitchy graphics would appear along with the item, such glitchy graphics disappeared when picking up the item.

I was having this issue with firmware version 4, the stable one. I read someone having other issues with Wario Land and Ez-Flash Jr. that were fixed with an MBC5 patch for the game, but that seems to be unrelated to the issues I was having. I post this to let anyone with the same issues know that the "beta" firmware version 5 with the name "Update_FW5_7-31" fixes the glitched sprites issues, note that I haven't mentioned the latest "beta" firmware since it has another issue with the game where it resets to the title screen after the first level. Be warned that this firmware is experimental and should only be applied with a high speed micro SD card (I personally had success with a SanDisk Ultra Class 10 A1 UHS-I 16 GB) since slower cards can brick the flashcart. I'm not going to link the firmware due to it's instability, but it can be easily found with a search engine or inside this forum.

I also wanted to know if anyone experiences similar issues with this game running firmware version 4 in the Gameboy Advance or other consoles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto