EZ-FLASH OMEGA Definitive Edition (REV. B) FREEZES when clean boot ROMS.

SEATSforDEPARTURE

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello as per title I just got my EZ-FLASH OMEGA DEFINITIVE EDITION (I got the REV.B version) and I put some GBA ROMS on it. When trying to clean boot them the console freezes and stops working (I attach some videos for reference):

The only possible way is through BOOTING WITH ADD-ONS but even then some games (like Mario Kart) play badly with graphical issues, slowdowns ecc (watch the following video):

Before writing this post I read through several guides online and the official website one and before anyone asks I tried the following:

• Tried changing SD cards in different sizes, brands and formatting them the proper way (with Windows and other tools) in FAT32 and allocating 32kb of file allocation unit as per guides AND IT DIDN'T WORK
  • Tried updating the firmware even tho it was the latest AND IT DIDN'T WORK
  • Tried testing the cartdrige with another game system to check if it was my GBA and IT DIDN'T WORK
  • The ROMS are okay because I tested them in another flashcard and they worked (plus it was the roms at least some of them should have worked but they didn't).
  • Tried flashing the roms to the NOR FLASH to check if they worked that way BUT NOPE, if I clean boot them they do the same problem even in the NOR FLASH.
  • Tried putting the cart in B MODE and try the rom in another NINTENDO DS in GBA MODE to see if the cartdrige worked but I noticed that the Nintendo logo looked glitched and it didn't boot the game.
So I did multiple and several attempts but NOTHING WORKED. I checked on the website and this issue should have been fixed in the latest Kernel 1.03 and firmware 6.0 but mine has this latest firmware and I have this issues. Does anybody else have these problems? If so how did you fix them? I checked if somebody else had these issues but I couldn't find anyone. So is this a hardware problem maybe? Maybe I got a faulty card? That's weird considering I read all the reviews and they pointed towards this 64 and over € card. From a card this expensive I should except perfect performance, not this...
I waited over a week to get this card and these are the results... I am so disappointed... :(

moon_rabbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Fast patch engine option was sometimes causing issues in translated roms.
Try with it off. If it's the same,
Try disabling all addon options in settings and boot with addon.

SEATSforDEPARTURE

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Fast patch engine option was sometimes causing issues in translated roms.
Try with it off. If it's the same,
Try disabling all addon options in settings and boot with addon.
Forgot to mention this but yup, tried this too and it didn’t work either.
EDIT: if you disable all the addon option in the settings tab you cannot boot up with addons anymore cause the option gets greyed out from the menu.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
What Gameboy model are you booting this from?

You wouldn't happen to be using it with an Analogue Pocket by chance, would you? NOR games are currently not working on the system, but booting them regular works fine. Just means things like PalPark won't work.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What Gameboy model are you booting this from?

You wouldn't happen to be using it with an Analogue Pocket by chance, would you? NOR games are currently not working on the system, but booting them regular works fine. Just means things like PalPark won't work.
Videos show a GBA SP, looks like a 001 model.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Videos show a GBA SP, looks like a 001 model.
Ah, the videos showed up blank for me at first, but I see them now. Chrome being stupid, probably.

Well the only time I had ROM loading fail on me like this is when my ROMs had bad headers. I'd look at each ROM under GBATA just to make sure. Launching trimmed ROMs from NOR can also be troublesome, but most-likely not the case here.

moon_rabbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
I suspect that the problem is with the hardware itself, as you are experiencing multiple symptoms despite all attempts.

Returning it is the best option.
If you try to fix it yourself, you'll need to inspect every chip, resistor, capacitor, and diode.
Although it's a simple structure, there are two older chips that are fairly hard to find.

Reactions: SEATSforDEPARTURE

SEATSforDEPARTURE

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I suspect that the problem is with the hardware itself, as you are experiencing multiple symptoms despite all attempts.

Returning it is the best option.
If you try to fix it yourself, you'll need to inspect every chip, resistor, capacitor, and diode.
Although it's a simple structure, there are two older chips that are fairly hard to find.
Yes I think it's a hardware problem. They probably used cheaper components since the shortage of chips, that's why they made rev. B versions now. But these batches are more problematic I think. So beware when buying these. I am returning it because it's not acceptable. From the packaging everything seemed okay but then on testing, this happened. Disappointing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol