• Replies 168

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has to be the dumbest thread/news story ever. I could care less about gays. Yea they have problems like the rest of us. I don't see how that rises to the level of world news. I saw someone clubed and left for dead in the street but it didn't make it on the BBC because the guy wasn't gay. In regaurd to the other posts TLDR

Clookster

Your Clookster
Banned
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
Pliskron said:
I saw someone clubed and left for dead in the street but it didn't make it on the BBC because the guy wasn't gay.

Yeah. Gays are really annoying. They die and get on the news with that.
unsure.gif

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarthTheufel said:
Pliskron said:
I saw someone clubed and left for dead in the street but it didn't make it on the BBC because the guy wasn't gay.

Yeah. Gays are really annoying. They die and get on the news with that.
unsure.gif
You know it. I guess if you want justice these days you have to go down on a dude first. But seriously, important stories arn't being covered.

nugundam0079

Prime Сasual Dating - Verified Women
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I admit that these things done to these individuals is unacceptable but at the same time killing yourself out of fear and embarrassment? come on! nothing defeats bullying better than showing them that your LIVING your life regardless of what people say or do to you. Happiness is the best revenge,these kids only proved how ashamed of who they were and only left pain in their wake which is in turn unacceptable.

both sides are wrong.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
RoMee said:
Gays getting married, being in the army, etc, does not effect me in any way
I don't know why, people are making it seem like it's a crime to be gay.

I think most of the hate are coming from the religious community..with no real reason for persecuting gays, other than what's written in the bible

RE-PHRASE

The Bible does not say to hate gays. Try reading it sometime. It just disapproves of Same-Sex marriage and Sodomy. The hate is coming from the RETARDED RIGHT WING ASSHOLES who think they're HOT SHIT. Basically, the hate is coming from the people not the Bible. "Don't hate the Game, hate the players"

nugundam0079

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a few gay friends and to be honest I love everyone-but the one thing I was never able to agree with is the gay community calling for civil rights. civil rights were fought for by many people to fight the injustice of things like racism and bigotry. Asians,Whites,Blacks, Catholics etc all came under attack for reasons that are beyond their control like skin color(I cant change the color of my skin,if if i could I wouldn't) and civil rights were fought for and even some died for it. I feel that the gay community undermines the efforts that were put into effect by generations of people (and which is still ongoing). I dont know if this makes sense to anybody....

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
salamai said:
HUH?Do you live in China or North Africa? How about Pakistan or Burma? If you do not, then you have freedom from religion. Stop asking retarded questions.
No country where religious beliefs dictate state laws (and thus force rules of a particular religion onto people who aren't members of said religion) has freedom from religion. It's a legitimate question. Stop giving retarded answers.

nugundam0079

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
luckwii said:
The last two posts illustrate my point exactly. The liberal side is trying to use the government to mandate that people change their beliefs religous or not. So far the voting majority in the US is against gay marriage. The left is trying to use force against the religous (Judeo-Christian) beliefs. What happend to freedom and religion? It is funny that Judeo-Christians are under attack, yet the much worse persecution by the Muslim community is not under attack. You know what they do to gays? Why is the US the bad guy in liberals eyes? Of any country we are the most tolerant and have done the most in the world for equality. Where are the protests by the liberals in Muslim countries?

I think the biggest issue the religous/Republican side has is not necessarily fueled by anti gay, but rather the viscious attack by the left on their right to their beliefs. The gays are unfortunately trapped in the middle now as the marriage issue has become a political battle front. You want to change the balance of opinion in the US on gay marriage, do it by debate and education, not political/judicial mandate. This is where the left has gone so dangerously off course with their agenda. They are trampling rights, growing government, and forcing opinion absolutely contrary to the intent of the Constitution. The danger here is that with voting rights being taken, and government's ability to do what they want, when they want can go both ways. What happens if all this new governmental power issued to liberal/Democrats is then used by some extreme groups later in US history? What if a anti gay, anti human rights groups are in power, and that mandate can be used without vote to illegalize minority races and any kind of gay opinon or freedom? That is why you can't set US policy by what makes you "feel good". You have to use fairness and actual logical thought to try and figure out the implications of what you do. This is where the Republican/conservatives are mistaken for being cold or heartless. No, we actually think things through. And again, I would like to repeat that I am on the side of legalizing gay marriage, so that my view isn't mistaken on the issue. Legalized by voting majority, not liberal mandate.

Please dont try and make republicans/right wing people into Angels, you know damn well that they're as guilty for messing things up as the left so please DROP the victim act.

Quote from a republican friend "The only reason that obama got into office is for the simple fact that all the black people voted for him"

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
surprised this thread is still going

wont even bother posting what i truly think; dnt wanna get quoted or called a homophobe

i see it this way: many ppl find it offensive that others dnt appreciate their gayness so to say; but its just the same for those who aren't, they find it offensive that the whole gay thing exiists in the first place.

its a ruthless cycle; and kind of self contradictory, i dnt see any kind of compromise in such a situation other than to let it just be.

Hyro-Sama

Trophies
XP
Country
Veho said:
salamai said:
HUH?Do you live in China or North Africa? How about Pakistan or Burma? If you do not, then you have freedom from religion. Stop asking retarded questions.
No country where religious beliefs dictate state laws (and thus force rules of a particular religion onto people who aren't members of said religion) has freedom from religion. It's a legitimate question. Stop giving retarded answers.

Like what for example?

Hyro-Sama

Trophies
XP
Country
Maz7006 said:
its a ruthless cycle; and kind of self contradictory, i dnt see any kind of compromise in such a situation other than to let it just be.

You just got quoted.

I concur. I think the world should left the way it is. Let the cycle continue.

Veho said:
QUOTE(salamai @ Oct 4 2010, 04:26 PM) Like what for example?
Like "if you don't live in Burma you have freedom from religion".

Ummm....

What's with all the hate against religion? What did it ever do to you?

EDIT: Sorry for Double posting.
frown.gif

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
salamai said:
RoMee said:
Gays getting married, being in the army, etc, does not effect me in any way
I don't know why, people are making it seem like it's a crime to be gay.

I think most of the hate are coming from the religious community..with no real reason for persecuting gays, other than what's written in the bible

RE-PHRASE

The Bible does not say to hate gays. Try reading it sometime. It just disapproves of Same-Sex marriage and Sodomy. The hate is coming from the RETARDED RIGHT WING ASSHOLES who think they're HOT SHIT. Basically, the hate is coming from the people not the Bible. "Don't hate the Game, hate the players"

Well according to Deuteronomy, which Christians are only meant to take seriously when the new testament implicitly agrees. It's amazing how many bigoted christians don't know the New Covenant, or do they just ignore it when the torah fits their personal views better? And Jesus never said anything either way on the subject.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Not as scary as walking in the woods alone, and running into Wario.