Fixing DSi shoulder buttons

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by BlackDave, Nov 7, 2009.

1. BlackDave
    OP

BlackDave Official GBATemp "Cleanup Guy"

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    The Promised Land...
    Well... I could send my DSi to Nintendo because of my defective R button but I just got my M3i zero and my DSi screws up on me (I'm going to loose it :hateit

Is there a good way of fixing it? Because when I blow in it, it does work but for a certain time (like a certain period of gaming then you have to blow again)

This is annoying especially for COD because i'm lefty and the R button is my way to survive in that game lol

2. Unoalpho

Unoalpho GBAtemp Regular

May 27, 2009
    United States
    United States
    you could take it apart carefully and clean it out(CAREFULLY)

3. iFish

iFish Slower than a 90s modem

Jul 11, 2009
    Canada
    Montreal, QC
    it should still be under warranty but you could always take it apart nad clean it or repalce the sprng like i had to do

4. BlackDave
    OP

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    The Promised Land...
    but that's a DSi how do I take it apart?

5. Sachka

Sachka GBAtemp Regular

Nov 15, 2008
    France
    Lumiose City
    I had the same issue with mine!
    Mine was broken because R is use to run in football (soccer) games and guess what? I like to run ^^
    I fixed it by quitting football and adjusting the shoulders tru pressure sessions in the play with your music menu. [​IMG]

6. AceOfAces

AceOfAces GBAtemp Regular

Oct 20, 2009
    United States
    Rosemead, CA
    You can just make a seal around the buttons with your lips and blow.

7. BlackDave
    OP

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    The Promised Land...
    Nah that's like temporary. It works but for like 20 minutes then I have to blow again

8. DJ91990

DJ91990 Dark-Type Trainer

Feb 9, 2009
    United States
    Oakwood Region
    Whatever you do; do not take apart your DSi, that is how I f**ked up mine.
    I got a new one via swap-out at Wal*mart. I said that I lost the receipt and I just got it last month and it stopped working. They swapped it, buncha dumb f**ks at my local Wal*Mart.

9. cobleman

cobleman GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2009
    Australia
    A touch CRC lubricant in the button they tend to get dust in them be patienbt withit ,it takes a bit for it to pentrate the button and it wont hurt any snsitive parts ok

10. BlackDave
    OP

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    The Promised Land...
    By the way i mentioned in other post but here but I already open my DSi and tried to fix it (sorta failed at it)

My DSi is fine (i screwed around with the bottom screen voltage but i fixed that already) I dunno how DJ91990 screwed his up (maybe he let out a huge blob of saliva by accident XD)

11. DarkFocus

DarkFocus GBAtemp Regular

Jun 26, 2009
    Canada
    my dsi's R button deosn't work either I was actually right about to post a thread about it but instead I'll just pust here [​IMG]

If I send my dsi to nintendo will they install the latest firmware and if they do is there a way to get around it?