Homebrew FCE Ultra GX Mod [Preview + WiiUPro + ScreenShot button]

shatterhand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FirebrandX just released a few new NES palettes that are even more accurate than the unsaturated-v6 palette. One palette he named "original hardware (FBX)" is for CRT users and this is the one I want to add to test out on my CRT. Can someone tell me how to add a palette to the source code so that I can compile my own version of FCEU GX and test out the new FBX palette? Do you just edit the gcvideo.cpp file and add in the info for the new palette where it says "* Get Palette"? How do I obtain the hexadecimal values that I need to add into the file?

Telmo

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Having FirebrandX's latest palettes would be great indeed. I'm currently using Nestopia with retroarch and the colors are just wonderful for us CRT users.

Reactions: rogerioronin

Flo_o

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, i was wondering, is the 'sometimes audio skipping' a known problem in the latest version of fceugx? I use it on my 4.3E wii, but if you do nothing and leave the game on, then sometimes you can hear a little skip in the audio, it's hard to see if the gameplay is also affected.

ned

Trophies
XP
Country

Anybody else getting interlacing artifacts when moving past certain objects?
I noticed it today whilst playing the recently leaked Mystery World Dizzy.
I'm playing at both 480i and 480p and it shows the same problem via component on my 1080p tv.
Playing it on my laptop with it's different monitor using the pc version of FCEUX, I don't see this issuse,
I ran the 240p testing app on my Wii and didn't seem to show any apparent problems.

Update: Tried the Nestopia core in RetroArch and while it doesn't suffer from the same problem as above it instead has blinking / flickering on the water jug.

Update 2: Enabling Remove 8-sprites-per-scanline hardware limit got rid of the flickering in Nestopia.

Last edited by ned,

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
FirebrandX just released a few new NES palettes that are even more accurate than the unsaturated-v6 palette. One palette he named "original hardware (FBX)" is for CRT users and this is the one I want to add to test out on my CRT. Can someone tell me how to add a palette to the source code so that I can compile my own version of FCEU GX and test out the new FBX palette? Do you just edit the gcvideo.cpp file and add in the info for the new palette where it says "* Get Palette"? How do I obtain the hexadecimal values that I need to add into the file?
I'd suggest asking @SuperrSonic or @Asho for help, they did a great job ripping the nes virtual console palette.

Burnt Lasagna

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Made a version that has FirebrandX's latest work.
fceugx-3.3.9-burnt
It's based off the latest master on dborth's GitHub page. There is only 4 palettes,
  1. NTSC Hardware = for CRT users.
  2. PVM Style D93 = for digital display users.
  3. Composite Direct = direct capture from composite. Not really recommended but here for posterity.
  4. VS. System = The original default palette. Only use it for VS. games.
The binaries are compiled using the following libraries.
  • Devkit PPC 26
  • libfat 1.0.14
  • libogc-1.8.11.1
There might be newer libraries you can use. Though the newest PPC and libogc have issues compiling FCE Ultra.

Last edited by Burnt Lasagna,

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Made a version that has FirebrandX's latest work.
fceugx-3.3.9-burnt
It's based off the latest master on dborth's GitHub page. There is only 4 palettes,
  1. NTSC Hardware = for CRT users.
  2. PVM Style D93 = for digital display users.
  3. Composite Direct = direct capture from composite. Not really recommended but here for posterity.
  4. VS. System = The original default palette. Only use it for VS. games.
The binaries are compiled using the following libraries.
  • Devkit PPC 26
  • libfat 1.0.14
  • libogc-1.8.11.1
There might be newer libraries you can use. Though the newest PPC and libogc have issues compiling FCE Ultra.
Pretty cool, man! Thanks. I use the same versions for compiling.

BTW, the palettes explanation is a really interesting read.

Nasaelo

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello!! hope you are all ok! :), there is something that has been bother me today and that's, how to compile with devkitpro, I really tried to learn using it, but I need help with this, so here are some questions! hope you can help me! :)

I download and installed devkitpro lastest version (1.6.0), but "Burnt Lasagna" say he use "Devkit R26" because the newest version of Devkitpro (specifically "devkitPPC") have problems compiling FCE Ultra, i also know that i need to have "Programmers Notepad" that comes included with devkitpro 1.6.0, then open notepad: "File>open>makefile.wii" and when it's compiling i get an error and idk why

http://imgur.com/B5O3Wio

http://imgur.com/1BDztBU

I edit the "-DNO_SOUND" in the "makefile" i want my music baaack!! i only want that xD, Really need help with this, i also know that i need to have the "FreeType and jpg/png libraries" from here https://sourceforge.net/projects/devkitpro/files/portlibs/

but oh man i'm so confused xD how should i do it correctly? or how do i install manually another version of Devkit? too much questions haha hope you can help me! thanks!

P.S: I only want my music baaack oh well, at least i learned something new today xD :3

Greeting and thanks for all the hard work!!

SieKensou

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@SieKensou I am not the main developer of this emulator.
In fact, as I do not like the interface of RetroArch, I aunt to improve FCE Ultra GX which I like the interface ^^
Yeah, I think the same, I prefer this kind of emulators too, so it's great to see you will work on it, thanks.

So, here is an update of my mod that should make you happy ;)

[3.3.9 MOD - July 27, 2018]

* Removed old palettes
* Added new palettes:
+ Smooth (FBX)
+ PVM Style D93 (FBX)
+ Composite Direct (FBX)
+ NES Classic (FBX-FS)
+ Sony CXA
+ Wavebeam
+ PC-10
* Rename Default Colors palette to VS. System
* Added mapper 190 support for Magic Kid Googoo (Korea) (Unl)
That's great!!! Awesome!!! Thanks for the good job with this update. :)

Do you have any idea about the other bugs in games like the Power Rangers games I showed here?:
https://github.com/dborth/fceugx/issues/356
The errors are nothing major, but I have seen they works good in other emulators and I it would be great to have this emulator as perfect as possible.
I think this is the mapper: https://wiki.nesdev.com/w/index.php/INES_Mapper_209 but I don't know what is the issue that causes that title screen glitches...

Last edited by SieKensou,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol